Mon, Sep 9, 4:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Shattered Worlds for Daz Studio

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 8:42 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 5:06 AM

Hey everyone, I have been asked to make D/S versions of my SW props for Poser, esp, the "Roads to Ruins" set which contains morphing props.  I have no idea where to start when it comes to D/S content creation.  If anyone has time to explain the steps I would be grateful and be willing to send you your own copy of "Streets of Ruin" once the D/S version is ready.

Thanks,
Ron

DustRider ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 11:32 PM · edited Mon, 16 February 2009 at 11:35 PM

Ron,
I don't have any of your products, but I think all you'll need to do is to make Daz Studio (DS) specific textures/shaders (unless you use python scripts to control some of your sets). If your textures/shaders are primarily based on texture maps, then it will just take some fairly simple adjustments to convert them for use in DS (i.e. bump strength, specularity, etc,).

You might also want to consider making a Carrara version, they would make a nice addition to the Carrara specific content that is currently available. Again, it would probably just mean converting the textures/shaders to be usable in Carrara.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Edit: I forgot to mention that almost all Poser morphs and rigging are 100% comaptible with DS, you simply open/load the content like you do in Poser.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 9:30 PM

"Edit: I forgot to mention that almost all Poser morphs and rigging are 100% comaptible with DS, you simply open/load the content like you do in Poser."

Thats true for the most part, I can load the object(s) just fine but all morphs will not work for some reason.  Im guessing it's something to do with something simple that I am over looking.

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 10:15 PM

Poser's PMD morphs aren't directly supported by Studio.  I think you may have to make them into injectable morphs.  This is a link to thread at DAZ's forum about this.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1594495&sid=753f69615df644473464c5f96cfd2a74

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.