Sun, Oct 6, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT Avatars

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 2:16 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:49 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I really have to speak my mind on this subject.

When I see a post and an Avatar (the liitle pic that identifies the user) I really see that as the user in my head.

This has lead to some really funny results.

USAMIKE, for example currently ahs the most adorable picture of a puppy as his Avatar.  In a recent thread he asked for some help and all I could see was that cute little animal with his pleading eyes.  As a result I wanted nothing more then to help USAMIKE get the answers to his questions solved!

BAGGINSBILL's Avatar is a great Avatar.  It's a godlike guy with an otherworldly texture that speaks of dignity and reason and (of course) a mastery of the material room.  After seeing the new Watchmen movie, I see BAGGINSBILL almost as the Poserworld's answer to Dr. Manhatten.  Not that he is out of touch, but that he can see into the minute truths of the texture room and use it to create things us mere mortals can only dream of.  His Avatar reflects that  character to a certain degree.

I remember when PJZ99 joined.  He had this beautiful render of a woman as an Avatar.  Well, oops, I thought he was a she!  I was all ready to flirt with PJZ99 because in my mind he was a gorgeous, no-nonsense gal with an excellent grasp of 3D.  Whew, I'm glad I found out different! lol.

Yay for DPHOADLEY for using his actual picture.  This has instantly ingratiated this man to me, making him a friend who I would never lie to.

My own Avatar is something I did in the face room years ago.  It is actually pretty good likeness.  What you see is what you get!  (Well, minus some facial hair that comes and goes.)

I'd be interested in other people's thoughts and first impressions, or why people have chosen the Avatars they use.

Cheers!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:28 AM · edited Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:30 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I chose my Avatar because I believe that people should be up front and straight forward about who they are, and because I like that particular photo, and I like being able to look at my grandson at odd times during the day.
DPH
PS: You mean that PJZ99 isn't a woman?  Damn!

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:32 AM

I chose this avatar because it's a representation of who I'd like to meet here. :tongue2:

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 6:15 AM

I picked my Avatar from one of the sites with a Christmas advent calendar. I'm too lazy to change it, besides, it's cute and Christmas isn't really all that far away anymore :P

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 6:49 AM

I don't use my real pic because then I'd have to kill those that see it. Hehehehehe

My Facebook Page

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 6:52 AM

Quote - I picked my Avatar from one of the sites with a Christmas advent calendar. I'm too lazy to change it, besides, it's cute and Christmas isn't really all that far away anymore :P

Maybe, maybe not, but a woman could get pregnant and be delivered in the meantime.
DPH

Replicant ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 7:54 AM

Mine as you can see is just a photo taken by a friend. :P

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 8:12 AM

Mine was one of my first try's at Photoshop, don't have the full pic anymmore...it's an eyeball looking in through a keyhole at an abandoned hospital room (not that you can tell).

I guess in retrospect it looks a little perverted...lol!

Comitted to excellence through art.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 8:14 AM

I don't have a grasp enough of the face room, or face morphs, to make something that looked like me (well, I tried once, and it got about 30 views...;)

I have glasses, and more hair than the avatar, and slighly skinnier...and dood, yepm, I'm a dude...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:10 AM

Hm. I've changed my avatar a few times. At the moment I'm using the Snape Is Not Dead minifesto, originally an icon made for LiveJournal but I kinda like it.

That said.. perhaps it's time to actually change my avatar? Hm? I've used pictures of myself on several occasions, I'm not afraid to show my face LOL

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

geoegress ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:16 AM

I'm the same as DPH's reason

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:17 AM

There! I've changed into me, too now ^_^

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:24 AM

I figure if y'all want to see me, you'll either visit the team page, the Poser Community page, or my gallery (ok, so it's just a pic of my back, but still).  ;)  I like to have funny avatars.  This one is created by Meaghan Murphy of Kawaiinot.com, who does some really funny comics that are short enough to avatarise ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:44 AM

file_425756.jpg

***HEY !!!*** I was going to use... ... this one ... ... but somebody told me it was already taken. :lol:

Oh well, can't win 'em all.  ... (sigh) :sad:

Well, I was going to post my face here ...  :scared: ___ Oh NOOOOOoooooooo...........
... but ...
... you can see my whole body and  my face 👎  ... if you peek in on my current class.

Where the current class, you say? :blink:  ... Well, you can peek in if you  CLICK  HERE.
BTW - I'm on Page 2. :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep <----------------------- needs to advertise using the avatar :lol:
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:51 AM

Well, I am NOT four cute Japanese girls in powered armors.

It's just that they look much, much better than me!

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:05 AM

I even use this same avatar at other forums, and I've never really felt like changing it. When I made it, I just fuzzed out the background of a photo of me. It still looks like me (about five years after the pic was taken), except I've gained a little weight and gotten a little grayer.

I didn't pick it for any particular reason or to make any kind of statement, I just like having my face next to my words. 😄

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:20 AM

I recently followed the trend toward realistic pictures.  This icon is a modified version
of the P5 Gramps figure, and it's seriously a good likeness, only slightly toonish. 
(Well, except for the arms and legs.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

replicand ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:29 AM

My avatar makes me look fat.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:53 AM

Every forum should have a hero.  Why not the Big Blue Boy Scout?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 1:07 PM

I wark because I use this avatar.
I use this avatar because I wark.

Which came first? I wonder...

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 1:40 PM · edited Mon, 09 March 2009 at 1:43 PM

file_425766.jpg

Okay, so this is a real pic of me, just so I can feel not left out.  Despite the picture and my silly posts, I'm honestly not that socially awkward! lol.

Hey, I'm really glad to see that TrekkieGrrrl is a girl! lol.  No, seriously, for a while there I was afraid it might just be a guy looking for a girl into Star Trek! lol.

I love the variety of people's Avatar's.  I like funny one's too, like JenX mentioned. 

Who is it that has that broken jpg that a kitten comes and wipes off?  I love that one!  I'm also always amused by Miss Nancy's great animated Avatars.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 2:03 PM

Not too long ago, I posted in the Suggestion Box forum that it would be cool to be able to have a small number of different avatars available... my idea was you could have one for each mood you wanted to use in a post. You could make it easier to be clear about when you were trying to be amusing, and when you were serious, for example.

I can only imagine what people who animate and change their avatars a lot would do with that kind of power. 😄

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 2:33 PM · edited Mon, 09 March 2009 at 2:33 PM

<------my baby. 😄

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hey, I really am a smirking bald guy with glasses. Except for the baldness. Nothing at all to do with being too lazy to choose some hair, no sir. Actually, I didn't wear glasses when I started this lark either, but reality seems to have overtaken fiction there. 8)

I do find the pin-up avatars confusing, I must say. I don't expect people's avatars to be like them at all, and I have no problem with kitties or robot avatars; but the gender message is more deep-seated than that, it seems.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:44 PM

Quote - PS: You mean that PJZ99 isn't a woman?  Damn!

Through no fault of my own, I promise you. 

My Freebies

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 3:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - PS: You mean that PJZ99 isn't a woman?  Damn!

Through no fault of my own, I promise you. 

Well, there goes the blind date that I was going to ask you out on.  Sorry!
DPH

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 4:46 PM

I wouldn't have said yes, I find the baby growing out of the top of your head a bit disconcerting anyway.

My Freebies

jjroland ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:02 PM · edited Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:03 PM

My pic is me too.  Easier to pick that one than pick something artsy that would "define" me.  I should choose something more cryptic sometime...

Pjz is a girl!  He just doesn't look like one :p

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:32 PM

Avatar? ... Uhh ... what is that?!?

juleyanne ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:39 PM

Mine..... its animated and my sis made it for me in Psp, also its sorta my name.....Julie Ann :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Avatar? ... Uhh ... what is that?!?

weren't they the bad guys in black in the 'Charmed' series?

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 7:18 PM

This pic is the only figure I ever rigged.  It also shows something I lost and will have to work the rest of life to recover.  I hope it takes significantly shorter than that.  I had the first of two strokes, just after making Gir.  That was two years ago and I had another stroke since then, that affected worse.  I have since lost my job, my 401k, my apartment, and my girlfriend of the time.

I have since been homeless, beaten and robbed. I applied for disability and rejected three times.

However--I'm living in public housing now, and back on-line.  I've become a brokered merchant at Vanishing Point, and my renders STILL kick ass!  Losing something doesn't mean hiding in a cave and weeping.  Screw THAT. There will be time for that in the grave!

I'm too mean to lay down and die. I'm still weak, poor as a church-mouse, and need food-stamps, but I will climb back up the stairs to the sky and shake the pillars of heaven before I die.

Sometimes sometimes little things mean nothing.  Sometimes the universe can be bound into the shell of a walnut. 👍

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 7:43 PM

Since this has pretty well evolved into a semi-permanent style, I thought it might be fun to do a self-portrait, toon-style. Extracted out of the toon-ness, it's a pretty reasonable likeness.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

vholf ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:09 PM

Well mine is just the very first closeup render I ever did with poser, it was just a test render but I like how it turned out, so there it is.

It reminds me of that feeling when you finally figure something out. =D

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:20 PM

Mine is a butt.  Just in case nobody had figured that out.  I know these little pictures can be so very cryptic.

My Freebies

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:33 PM

Nice butt.

elzoejam ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 9:43 PM

I used myself cuz I was having a good hair day. A rare thing :-)

-Sarah

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 10:55 PM

Mine was made for COLOURlove site but I liked it how it turned out and use it here too! :biggrin:
I love colors what else!

My FreeStuff

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 11:32 PM

I created this one because once upon a time I was that young, had red hair and was cute. But I never did have the blue (or green) eyes. My eyes are brown and have always been so. Lol. And I wouldn't mind looking this good now...sigh.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 11:46 PM

IMVHO it's interesting to read all of the above. whilst i don't look like the thing to the left of this msg,  I try to change it every week in honour of current events, and I hope I get some free time, as I heard the news today - oh boy! - that jacko soon would be in london-town.  now they know how many nerds it takes to fill the O2 Arena 🤣

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 11:47 PM

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 12:16 AM

This thread is fun! I love hearing everyone's reasons for their avatars. Mine is my Poser version of Edward and Bella from Twilight. The full version along with a few other pics from the book are in my gallery if any are interested.

vholf ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 12:27 AM

Quote - This thread is fun! I love hearing everyone's reasons for their avatars. Mine is my Poser version of Edward and Bella from Twilight. The full version along with a few other pics from the book are in my gallery if any are interested.

Cool! I love that book.

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 12:31 PM

I'm always changing mine. Being a trekkie fan, I'm currently using an adapted UFP logo! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 7:28 PM
Site Admin

I had to think a bit to remember which Avatar I was using. I don't use one of me cause I don't like the look of me. Maybe if I got the hang of the face room I could give me a face lift. Besides I like to change my avatar too often. Which is bad of me. I have a tend to remember people by their avatars and to look at those rather than the name.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 7:35 PM · edited Tue, 10 March 2009 at 7:35 PM

Quote - Mine is a butt.  Just in case nobody had figured that out.  I know these little pictures can be so very cryptic.

Agreed...you are a butt. :lol:

Comitted to excellence through art.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 8:18 PM

Ta dump dump.

My Freebies

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 8:41 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - Ta dump dump.

take it off!  Take it all off!!!
DPH

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 8:44 PM

Gosh dave, you sure run hot and cold.

My Freebies

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 10:36 PM

The general feeling is:  Your avatar makes people hot, because she must have a cold ass. :laugh:

That's my take on it. :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 12:03 AM · edited Wed, 11 March 2009 at 12:05 AM

If I used artwork I'd change it too often so what you get is just me.  :)    ('course I don't have as nice an ass as pjz99 but I have Photoshop.  I could fake it.  :) )

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.