Mon, Sep 9, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 4:19 PM

Griselda is beautiful, CardinalBiggles! 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 5:32 PM

Cardinal Biggles, Griselda looks so dignified, and classy! I bet she's a wise one!

The new kitty, I've been c alling her Bitty so far, is adjusting little by little. I haven't exposed her to bubba or Bailey much yet. Just couple quick sniffs so far.
She did pretty good overnight in the bedroom wth us. Somewhere in the middle of the night she even came to snuggle on the bed, first she was laying on my back, then between my honey and I. When she lets go, she's an intense snuggler, and a loud purr.

I brought her into the office with me little bit ago to start getting used to it, and after couple of laps she went ounder the couch. I hope she comes out before too long. In the bedroom, she'd meow a tiny bit and come out to check things out when things quieted down. Bubba and Bailey have the run of the rest of the house for now, but both are camping at the office door. Goobers!

So far I call her bitty ... I can't believe 6 kittens came out of the teeny tiny body. I don't think she's even a year old yet. Rescue people think this was her first 'heat'. If that's the case, she is closer to 7-8 months.

I miss Tiggers very badly still, but the new bitty is giving me something to dote on, takes the extra hard edge off of things.

...ooh, little bitty just came out....   shhhhh!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 6:47 AM · edited Sun, 05 April 2009 at 6:50 AM

Bitty sounds adorable!  I'm sure that Tigger is busy giving her instructions!  We're very glad you have each other.

Griselda is very pleased by all the adulation; not surprised mind you, but pleased.  I'm sure she would graciously respond but she's too busy right now basking in the sun.

This is Jasper who we sometimes call 'Mr. Softy' as his fur is so soft (and his head, but we don't mention that).  He spends a lot of time keeping his white fur very white lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 5:17 PM

Jasper look like a big fluff of Love!
Bubba-Pooh is like that too, super super soft, like he has down feathers for fur, and fastidious when it comes to cleaning it. He's soft in, ahem, other places too, just like Jasper. But, I love him to pieces anyway.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 5:13 AM

We love Jasper to bits too!  He says to Bubba  " 'allo, Bubba, I'm 'ere; I'm not all 'ere though, purr "

This is Sophie flaked out after a hard day spent hating the cat across the road.  They sit on high vantage points and glare at each other lol.  She's more my mum-in-law's cat than ours.  She came to us as the cats home was going to put her down as she has megasophagous.  When she had her booster injections this year our vet said she was the healthiest cat he'd ever seen :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 3:48 PM

Awww, Sophie looks like a lovable little fuzz pile! How adorable!

I miss my little Tiggers so much!
The new little one is keeping me pretty occupied, it's a good thing. I'd be a major mess without her.
Bubba is being such a little gentleman with the new kitty, he's pretty much letting her have her way with him. I've only seen him hiss once or twice, the rest of the time, he backs down and lets her win. She's had him cornered couple of times at least. They don't swat at each other, she just advances on him, and gives him a dirty look from two-three feet away, and that's enough for him to roll over and give in.  Then she runs off and hides for a few minutes.

It's kind of funny to see it, because she is sooo teeny tiny. Bubba is at least three if not four times bigger then her.

It's going a lot smoother then I thought it would.  I hope this is good for Bubba too, he loves kitties, and I'm pretty sure his primary attachment was Tiggers rather then me. He's being a lot mellower then I've seen him in a long time.

Tiggers ashes have a very special spot up on one of the high shelves here, with her favorite blanket, so her spirit can hang out and supervise.

I'm still not sure what I'll call the little one. Bebe, Bri(anna) or Bri(dget), or Flicka, the way she moves, she sort of flicks around, especially compared to Bubba.

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 10:11 PM

Jasper looks like such a cuddly kitty!  He and Sophie are both beautiful kitties :-)

Connie, I'm glad you have your new kitty there, both for you and for Bubba. 

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 6:33 AM

It sounds like your bitty kitty has been taking lessons from Griselda, that's exactly how she controls our boys :)  She's about a third their weight but advances on them eyes and hair akimbo lol.  Biff, who beats up all the neighbourhood toms runs away.  Jasper has been known to flee from agressive beetles, so we don't really count him.  Jasper, on whose tummy Mrs. B can blow raspberries (bronx cheers), was flagged as vicious in the cat's home.  He wasn't vicious, he was claustrophobic and the cages there are pretty small.

We're so glad that Bubba is taking to bitty kitty so well.  All the best to you, her and the rest of your family.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 4:15 PM

Gosh, Jasper does sound so much like Bubba. I roll Bubba over on his back and tuckle him, and do exactly yhe same, blow raspberries on his tummy.  First he whines, like you're tearing his guts out, but once you put your face to his tummy, he relaxes into a ragdoll. He's all hiss and whine, but no bite.

It's still Tiggers I think about a LOT, but when I start crying, I hug the new kitty. I hope Tiggers feels those hugs too.

Looks like the new kitty's name will be BriBri. My honey calls her "The Baby" at the moment.

She must have captured Tiggers spirit -  I've never seen a kitty settle into her new surroundings this quickly. It's like she has cheat notes. I also never saw Bubba be this mellow towards a new cat. About three or four times I took in a stray, cleaned it up and found it a home. There would always be a week or two or so of hissing and ajusting on both sides.  Quite baffling.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 8:22 PM

Just checking in on you.

I dont know what you've done recently about the bank, but I think it might be time to contact someone from Legal Aid, because I'm fairly sure that what they did was illegal. Read your account agreement (or request one from your bank) and see if they do indeed have the right to do that. I'm kinda guessing not.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

LunaFaye ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 10:50 PM

file_428158.jpg

I just found this thread.

I am SOOO SOOO sad for your loss.

About 6 months ago I lost my kitty, and I still haven't gotten over her.  Her name was Mokachu.  When she was only 4 years old she was diagnosed with Kidney failure.  I had been unknowingly poisoning her with food from Menu Foods.  She lived for about a year and a half with kidney disease.  It's almost worse when they get better then go away.  You get the first round of bad news and cry and cry for days, then you get your hopes up, only to get the worst possible news.  I had to have her put to sleep.  It was the hardest thing I ever did.  It was so unfair that she had to get taken away from me with less than half a life lived.

I have her ashes on a shelf.  The vet's office was so nice, when she was in there for her final visit, they took a paw print in cast plaster. 

I still haven't been able to get a new kitty.  I think my other cat, Dottie, is getting lonely.  :(

I hope your new kitty brings you and your family many years of happy times.  :)

Luna

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 12:12 AM · edited Wed, 08 April 2009 at 12:14 AM

Your new kitty is beautiful.  I can see she is helping to ease the ache in your heart.  Tigger probably sent her to you.  :o)

I also agree with what SeanMartin said about checking the legality of what that bank did to you.  It just doesn't sound right. 

Edit: LunaFaye, my condolences for your recent loss.  :o(

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 12:41 AM

Luna Faye, I'm so sorry you lost your baby. That sounds horriby gutwrenching to think that somehow you contributed, without knowing you did, and so early. I know, there are so many things we don't know about how to give them the best life possible, and things happen when it's not our fault... I hope you're not beating yourself up over it. I would find it hard not to, even when I logically know it was not my fault at all.... I hope what I said makes some sense here...

I've been looking through Tiggers food and hygene and living conditions to see where I may have gone wrong, and exposed her to carcinogens... Even though she was very pampered and well taken care of.

I hope you allow a new baby into your life, well, in hopes it makes you feel better. Let the new baby bring you some joy, and be a conduit to send the spirit of your lost baby some love too. Every time I give the new baby some loving, I hope Tiggers knows that's for her too.... But, different people process feelings and grief differently, some back off, others get a bit clingy (I'm the clingy kind)

Banks.. yuck... I've been checking, and still waiting for more info and answers and callbacks etc... So far it looks like what they did was legal. One of those things I supposedly agreed to somewhere in the fine print. They're mailing me the fine print to see for myself.... so they say. I still feel like too much wiond has been knocked out of me to get too intensly involved with it all. I'm sure somewhere along the way they're going to tell me I was supposed to deal with it faster. Well, I'm doing what I can, and that falls short of everyting I'm "supposed to", very short right now, so just shoot me.

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 1:52 AM

I just feel so bad for you.  Not that I need to tell you this, but you just keep doing what you can manage and what you need to do to cope.  {HUG}

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 2:24 AM

Quote - I just feel so bad for you.  Not that I need to tell you this, but you just keep doing what you can manage and what you need to do to cope.  {HUG}

Awwww....  Thank You so much, you're so sweet and so good to me!  hugz back

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 3:25 AM

Connie, you have got to get pro-active about that bank thing, seriously. Contact your local state representative and federal representative -- if this bank accepted TARP funds, they're not in the greatest of positions vis-a-vis the feds right now. Make some serious noise, because if they're doing it to you, they're doing it to other people as well -- and it's wrong, pure and simple. As long as you're making good-faith payments, they cannot turn them away on the excuse that it's not enough, and if they then turn around and put you in a position where you owe overdraft charges, they're really getting themselves into trouble.

Honestly, talk to Legal Aid. Talk to your government reps. Start getting insistent and pushy and annoying.

" I've been looking through Tiggers food and hygene and living conditions to see where I may have gone wrong"

Dont do this to yourself, okay? You have other things to focus on right now, like a new kid in the house that needs your love and support. If you were doing something wrong, the vet would have figured it out somewhere along the way... so dont do that to yourself.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 8:37 AM

Connie, cats do sometimes get cancer, it sucks but it's life; you were in no way responsible for Tigger's death, don't beat yourself up over it.  You have a new baby to look after and judging by what's been happening, Tigger approves.  I'm very glad that Bubba is taking to your new cat so well.

I echo Sean's comments about the bank; moan, bitch, complain and make a nuicance of yourself.  Those @#>!^^¬|~}'s have taken zillions of Federal dollars, your tax dollars, and the greedy swines (& I apologise to pigs everywhere), just want more!  Let your representatives know that you, a voter, want the bankers to get up off their butts and do some work, not just grind people into the dirt.  Mrs. B suggests that when you contact the bank or banker you substitute the letter 'w' for the letter 'b' ;)

@LunaFaye, I'm so sorry for your loss, it does hurt particulary when you lose a cat so early.  When you feel the time is right, get another cat; unless one just turns up out of the blue in which case you were meant to have him/her.

Hugs and good thoughts to all.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 4:53 PM

Quote - Connie, you have got to get pro-active about that bank thing, seriously. Contact your local state representative and federal representative -- if this bank accepted TARP funds, they're not in the greatest of positions vis-a-vis the feds right now. Make some serious noise, because if they're doing it to you, they're doing it to other people as well -- and it's wrong, pure and simple. As long as you're making good-faith payments, they cannot turn them away on the excuse that it's not enough, and if they then turn around and put you in a position where you owe overdraft charges, they're really getting themselves into trouble.

Honestly, talk to Legal Aid. Talk to your government reps. Start getting insistent and pushy and annoying.

I'm waiting for a an attorney friend of mine to call me back. I also sent a detailed letter to consumer affairs. You made some good suggestions here, I'll look into it.
So far, I'm told that yes, they can do this, because it's a business banking account, not a personal one. I guess different rules apply. But, since I'm a sole proprietor, and not a corporation, I'm also personally exposed.. and that since this isn't a personal credit, but business, the good faith stuff doesn't come into play.... even though it's my personal checking account they cleand out, not the business account.  It's very confusing.
Of course, noone is willing to help you much legally, without any money up-front, and I literally have ZERO to my name.
I believe this bank did take bailout money - if that's what TARP funds are? It's Wells Fargo.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 5:26 PM

You bet Wells took some. They took enough to buy a bank here in North Carolina, so they got plenty, and they certainly didnt put it to its intended use.

You're in California? Connie, honest, make some real noise about this. Your state is one of the best for this kind of acitvism.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quote - You bet Wells took some. They took enough to buy a bank here in North Carolina, so they got plenty, and they certainly didnt put it to its intended use.

You're in California? Connie, honest, make some real noise about this. Your state is one of the best for this kind of acitvism.

Yes, usually dept of consumer affairs has been great with this.
I'm also finding that there's a brewing class action lawsuit about manipulating transactions to maximize bank fees and overdraft charges. Filed in several states, and pending in Califronia and few others.
Also, as I get my brain scramble puzzled back together, I'll find more. Maybe write letters to news people, places like investigative report and 60 minutes etc.  They're loving individual recession stories more and more...

Overall my story looks pretty good on paper, from my coming to the US at 18, completely on my own, to building up a small business, a woman owned business in Engineering (a very male dominated field), to never taking a single handout in my life, I never even took the "Woman owned business" extra 'affirmative action like' benefits  ..... to the big stinking bank refusing good faith payments for a while when I hit the hard times due to the economy that the bankers messed up to start with.... and putting a screw to me taking the last penny, while taking the bailout (my tax) money at the same time. They sort of have their hand in my front and in my back pocket at the same time. Not just mine, but most Americans whom have hopes of making a decent living using their hard work and skills, and not cheating anyone.

I'm sure there will be more and more stories like this popping up left and right...

Anyway, sorry I got off on a tangent, I don't want to turn this into banking or political thread....

The new kitty, Bri Bri is being very adorable, and has settled in already, like she owns the place. I'm convinced she's talking to Tiggers!

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 8:43 PM

Hon, do you have any more pictures of your new baby?  I haven't been getting e-bots for the thread, so I missed her picture. :-(   I'm so glad that you have room in your heart to love another kitty so soon.  They need us.  And of course she's not a replacement.  She's Tiggers's baby sister.  They're always with us, even when they're gone.

And you are seriously the best cat mother I've ever seen.  In a world where people think nothing of dumping their pets off at an overburdened facility, she was seriously lucky to have you. 

Good luck with the evil bank juggernaut.  Taking all your money like that was reprehensible, whether it was technically legal or not.

@Luna: You'll know when it's time for a new kitty.  Don't rush yourself if you're not ready.  They find us so we can bring them home.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

scanmead ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 9:57 PM

Well, this is odd: one of my kitties is named Brie (as in the cheese), and I usually call her Brie-Brie or Breezey. Pure white with gold eyes, and the absolute most shy, goosiest kitty you've ever seen. If she lives up to the name, your Bri-Bri will be an absolute sweetheart! With her settling in so quickly, she sounds like an old soul. 

Luna, what type of kitty was Mokachu? Just gorgeous! How heartbreaking to lose her so young.

As for what we feed our pets being to blame for things... it's too much to even try to get around. We don't even really know what's in our water, much less our food, or the pet food we buy.  It's just no good second-guessing things, and trying to figure out why we weren't super-human. 

With the bank, just keep repeating "it's only money, it can be replaced", and maybe it'll sound true after a couple thousand times.  Never works for me, but it's a good concept. Then move anything left to a different bank, or credit union, or the matress. This is a good lesson for all of us: keep your money spread out and hidden. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 1:25 AM

Quote - Well, this is odd: one of my kitties is named Brie (as in the cheese), and I usually call her Brie-Brie or Breezey. Pure white with gold eyes, and the absolute most shy, goosiest kitty you've ever seen. If she lives up to the name, your Bri-Bri will be an absolute sweetheart! With her settling in so quickly, she sounds like an old soul. 

Wow,  Iwonder if that's coincidence, or if I subconsciously remember you talking about her before. I only remember you talking about Roxie a lot - that's without re-reading stuff.

BriBri does seem like an old soul. There are even more little things that I noticed today in that direction. Like her getting super affectionate when I was crying today, and the way she handles Bubba... Oh, yea, I tried to take a photo of her, and she gave me a little stink eye and turned her head away. This is what Tiggers used to do... but it took about four years of my taking pictures with a flash in her face before she started doing it.

I know, I know, I'm probably just reading into things to make myself feel better :-   ...says the annoying super critical little realist sitting on my left shoulder... just let me dream and hope for a while...

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 1:53 AM

Nope, you're not reading things into it.  You're discovering her personality.  And she's taking care of you. :-)

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

LunaFaye ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 12:12 PM

Thank you all.

Mokachu was an Abyssinian.  They are the smartest most loving cats I've ever known.  I used to say that Mokachu was unfortunately smart.  LOL.

You can read about the breed profile here:
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/abyssinian.html

I'm almost ready emotionally to get another kitty, but not financially.  I too am out of work due to the recession, and trying to scrape by on freelance stuff.  (Used to do 3D animation.)

There is a class action lawsuit settlement against Menu Foods, and I have a claim number, but who knows how long it will be before I see any money.  They own me about $5000 in vets bills and final expenses.

Connie,

Now Wells Fargo is claiming record profits:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wells-Fargo-projects-record-3-apf-14890348.html

Luna

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 12:18 PM · edited Thu, 09 April 2009 at 12:19 PM

Not surprising, given the way they stole Connie's money.

Luna, will you get another Aby when you get your next cat? They look very sweet.

Connie, at that same site you can read about Bombays, if you want to try and figure out if Tiggers was one. http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/bombay.html

edit to make the link clickable

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 12:33 PM · edited Thu, 09 April 2009 at 12:34 PM

Connie, we have talked since this post, but again you know I am so sorry for your loss of Tigger, and I know that your new little girl will fill your heart with new experiences, love and memories. The "Boys" and I are happy that she entered your life, when you nedded her the most.

As for the bank, I am spitting mad that they continue to take from us, and the goverment, and yet seem to be so put upon to help anyone but themselves. : /   Makes you wonder how many in the end will be found wanting when karma takes a big bite outta them?! Good Luck, and here's to a new job very soon!

Luna, I am so sorry that your lovely aby,  Mokachu, is gone. her color and eyes were incredibly beautiful. All the best to your financial endeavor as well.

CardinalBiggles, Griselda is quite the lady with an attitude! LOL! She does not look like she was ready for her close up! : )

Again Connie.... Big Hugs Girl, you know I am sending ya lots of love from me and the "Boys"!

Hugs

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 5:08 PM

This economic situation is hard on the animals as well as people. I'm so ready for another dog, since my Black & Tan Coonhound left over 2 years ago. He was my best friend for over 14 years. (The kitties are my kids.) I've even decided a white English Bull Terrier should be a good challenge, but dogs can be expensive to keep properly, and we're looking at about 6 years with no raises at work. Add that to a car payment 'cause the 13-year-old Dodge went belly-up. 

Record profits for Wells Fargo, eh? Gee, wonder why? And guess who called me today trying to sell me life insurance? click 

I may have mentioned Brie along the way, but Roxi is at the top of the worry list right now. She's not having a good day with her stiffness, and she didn't want to eat until I got out the baby food. 16 years old makes you walk on egg shells and try not to think too much.

While BriBri may not be Tigger come back to you, Tigger might have guided you to notice BriBri, and kept her in your mind, knowing she would be a comfort. Or.. the realist might say you subconciously recognized how much BriBri would be like Tigger. However it happened, BriBri was meant to find you. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 5:52 PM

A quick digression...

OMG, my little BubbaPooh is snoring up a storm right now. I mean, I heard him snore before, but right now, it sounds like a mini human snore. Darn, I wish I could have taped it.

How adorable!

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 6:41 PM

Bubba has been spending entirely too much time with the dog! Everyone knows cats do not snore, burp, cough up hairballs, or make wind. ;)

Is that just too cute, or what? 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 7:00 PM

Quote - Bubba has been spending entirely too much time with the dog! Everyone knows cats do not snore, burp, cough up hairballs, or make wind. ;)

Is that just too cute, or what? 

I just wanted to stick my face in his tummy and go, BRRRRRRRRRRRRR... but I didn't dare to disturb him!

There's just something about cats, I could sit and watch them hours at the time, even if they are sleeping. It has some sort of a therapeutic meditatve effect on me. It's one of very few things I can focus on for a little while, and relax, not think about anything else.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 10:29 PM

Oh, Connie, that's adorable! 

And I agree with you about the economy affecting pets, scanmead.  I would love to have a dog, but there's just no way I can afford one.  

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 12:01 AM

Hi again...

Boy it is tough to keep your fur babies healthy and safe anymore. Since last I posted I checked out pet insurance! A whopping $69.00 a month to insure my 3 litties (*I did not mention Jr. is diabetic, and that would preclude him I am sure) and a whole $31.00 alone for the dog! 

Sigh, it is apparently a thriving business to insure our love babies!

Hugs

Ariana 

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 3:18 AM

file_428292.jpg

Here are first couple of somewhat succesful pics of BriBri. She's too smart, and turns away and squints when I take a flash pic, even with the red-eye strobe on. Little smarty pants!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 3:19 AM

file_428293.jpg

Her little nose is sort of heart shaped... Its hard to see in theese pics.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:34 AM

She's beautiful!  :biggrin:

smoke2002 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:35 AM

She's absolutely adorable. I'm glad that she got a good home with you to love her.

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:37 AM

O.O she is almost the spitting image of Spook!!
Very very cute indeed. 

I have a theory that there is a giant cat "conciousness" that they all tap into so yeah, she probably is talking to Tigger :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:50 AM

BriBri is cute!  Looks like she's got catitude from Griselda lol.

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:13 AM

She's adorable, and definitely has some catitude!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yea, I think she's going to be a character!  Like Tiggers, and then some perhaps.

When Tiggers was younger, she pulled a few stunts. She also had half my old neighborhood wrapped around her tail.

There was a secluded, fenced courtyard with a pool, that 8 condo units had a patio connection to. Her and Bubba had their run of it. We got lucky and all 8 units were animal lovers, and about half of them had cats of their own. Tiggers would at times make herself at home in other peoples units, take a nap on their couch. I would get all apologetic, and people would say, oh, no, I love it, she's welcome any time!!! If she didn't visit them for a while, they'd be asking for her to come....   :(    I miss her so much, she was a huge part of my life.

I don't know if BriBri will get the same chance to work it, things are little more spread out around here, and we're in coyote land. There aren't any secluded fenced out areas she can hang out in. BriBri is taking quite well to my doting... I'm sure she'll carve out her own way.  Today, she knocked over one of the older flatpanel monitors I have here, and spilled a cup of water on my desk, and on my chair... and instead of getting mad, I'm sitting on a wet chair thinking, awww, she's sooo cute. The racket spooked her enough, I diodn't want to get mad on top of that.

...I'm such a pushover when it comes to little critters... Even our little 60 pound female Lab manages to push me out of my own bed.... because I don't want to disturb her comfy slumber. Yeap, a pushover.

Anyway, if you guys want to share your happy kitty stories, go for it!
Well, I don't mean to limit it just to kitties...

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 11:25 PM

LOL, we have a scruffy neighborhood Tomcat serenading under my office window trying to get BriBri's attntion. They told me she was just coming into heat about time she was spayed (about a week and a half ago). The poor little Tomcat probably smells it...  Little BriBri is curious, but not overly interested, not like a kitty in full heat.

I feel bad, little tomcat is looking so worn and torn and not neutered. He would have been a beautiful cat, Orange Tabby. People friendly too. No worries, he won't get a chance to mingle with my kitties, in case he's sick with something.

My honey thinks he belongs to someone in the neighborhood. My first inclination is to take him in and clean him up, and neuter him and find him a new home... Honey says he'll shoot me if I try that.

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:29 AM

Well, BriBri has just the sweetest, most darling face! She looks like a real girly-girl, but that can be deceiving.  

The funniest cat story I've heard was about a cat named Packy, who was rescued from a roadside by a friend in California. Another wise black cat. My friend's new boss came for dinner one evening, and while they were sitting in the living room before dinner, my friend, Sylvia, noticed Packy was sitting on a table behind the boss, giving him some very curious looks. In the blink of an eye, Packy sprang into action, snatched the guy's toupee off his head and ran out the screen door and down the street, Sylvia in hot pursuit. No one had realized the man wore a rug... exept Packy, of course. You just have to wonder what Packy thought that was, and why he decided it needed to be removed. Geez.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 5:02 AM

Glad BriBri's doing well, getting you attuned to her desires lol.

You might want to put a collar on Ginger tom with a note asking the owner to phone you.  If you don't get a reply he's not owned.  You are right to be careful about disease until BriBri has her shots.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 6:35 AM

ROFL, scanmead!

So the little orange guy wants a (new?) home, does he? "Hello, I see you're taking applications for new family members..." That's a great idea CardinalBiggles had about the collar.

My Buddy invited himself to live here, too.  He just hung around and cried for a few days, and wouldn't leave.  When it rained, he'd hide under my car or someone else's. We finally felt bad and just let him stay.

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 8:14 AM

Looks like BriBri is settling in nicely, Connie! And she's obviously helping to soothe your heartache over Tiggers...such a dear! I'm so glad things are going well for you all.

Poor little Tom...I'd have to do something for him, even tho we've got so many cats here! Is there a no-kill shelter in your area? That might be a good option for him. At  least he'd have a safe place and he'd get neutered and all.

scanmead, that's hilarious about Packy! :D

Just yesterday, there was a story on the news from Charlotte, NC (40 mi. South of me). Someone at a nearby business heard noises coming from a storm drain (had some rain here) and it turned out to be a tiny kitten stuck there! No sign of it's momma or any littermates. A unit from the fire dept. happened to come by and they got him out by 'pushing' him out with water from their fire hose. Poor little thing! But he's none the worse for wear and the guy who first found him is keeping him or rather her, as it turns out. He named her Tes, after the character from Touched by an Angel. The story on tv started out with an extreme closeup of Tes, wrapped in a towel and crying...by this time she was dry and still somewhat traumatized. A little tiny kitten, too...she didn't look like she was quite old enough to be weaned. I think I remember them saying he had taken her to a vet or something, but not sure. It was so heartwarming to see that, especially now.

MaskimXul ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:22 PM

Aw, Connie BriBri is so cute! She is sure one lucky little girl! I'm sure you will have her spoiled rotten with love in no time.  :)

Speaking of strays, that's where I got my three babies from.
Last year, we had a beautiful longhair dilute tortie female start to hang around the house, wasn't sure then if she had a home or not but I fed her anyway cause she was so sweet and the kids loved her. Around this time last year (my babies were a year old last week) I was sitting on my back step smoking late one evening, talking on the phone w/my sister. Bunny (my husband named her that, but that's another story) started yeowling and making a huge fuss, and I noticed she was leaking fluid. We had no clue she was pregant!  After I figured out what was going on, she ended up having 4 babies right there in a bed I made her. We eventually brought them all in the house because we were afraid a wild animal might get to them outside. Around the time the babies were weaning, Bunny made a huge fuss day and night, howling and such. She wanted back out!  Eventually we let her out to stay, and she hasn't come back around too much since. We figured she must have had a home, but just came to have an extended vacation while dropping off a few gifts lol. We had decided to keep 3 of the babies and found a home for the other.
What is really funny, I had been BEGGING my husband to get a pet, and he always refused. But, when he saw the newborn kittens, he right away choose one for himself.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for the wonderful stories :)

Bri Bri is running around the house today. It's the first time I let her run around through more then one room at the time - now that she had some safe time to get familiar with each room.
Loos like she's having a ball, giving Bubba a chase. He mostly follows her around... and gets ambushed by her. She does a hit and run, befgore he knew what hit him. They're doing it in a playful way, just mrring. No hissing or growling or biting.

If the darn bank didn't clean me out, I would have taken the tomcat to clean him up, but this way, I have to beg my honey for money for it, and he's saying no, leave him alone. Looks like he has something wrong with his lower jaw, but I couldn't get a closer look. He's friendly, but not friendly enough to be poked and prodded a lot. He was pretty stinky too, I think he is sick from something, like running an infection. Poor little guy. Well, if he shows up again, I haven't quite given up on him yet, we'll see what happens.

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 7:39 PM

Honestly, Connie, I think we're living parallel lives! There's an orange & white (not tabby) that's been sneaking in the kitty door and snatching food here. I call him the 'ghost kitty', because, if you're really quick, you can see him disappear in a flash.  He does seem to be well fed, and I think I saw a collar... My kitties just sit and stare wide-eyed while he zooms by.  

Now BriBri can relax and be the kitten she actually is. Bubba sounds like the purr-fect friend to help her make up for all the fun and games she's missed out on.  How's she taking to the dog?

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 8:01 PM

Yes, Bubba is being great! I was a tinly bit worried because he can sometimes play a bit rough, like he bites and and doesn't know his strength... With him taking a submissive role around BriBri, it's working out great. He's being very thoughtful and gentle. When I let her check out the house, he follows her around, at a distance. Couldn't be working out much better.

She hasn't been around the dog very much. Well, sort of. At night I bring her into the bedroom, and she sleeps in a kitty bed on my nightstand, and the dog wanders in in the middle of the night and climbs up in bed. They don't even notice each other.

When they were chasing around the house earlier today, my honey and the dog were curled up on the couch, watching them. Couple times since I got her the dog saw her running off and tried to give her a bit of a chase (like four steps in BriBri's direction), but the dog got yelled at right away, so she's getting the idea. Other then when she got chased, BriBri is hardly noticing the dog, and the other way around.

Most of the thime, when we're either not at home, or don't get a chance to watch, they are separated, the dog has the run of the livingroom and kitchen, and the kitties use my den and the bedroom. As BriBri gets more comfy, I'll let them roam. Bubba can roam around the house together with the dog, and they get along fine. They're not snuggle buddies, but they get along, even play a little.

They're mad at me at the moment, I put Advantage on them today (flea medicine), BriBri hadn't been de-flead yet, and Bubba was due.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.