Sun, Sep 22, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Apollo Maximus

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 10:39 AM

I thought PoserPros was closed down.

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 10:43 AM

*I can make reasonable good architectural models like furniture, boats and houses,

Bopper

You know I work in construction...big fan of Sullivan and early Wright...So,  Let's see yours.

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 11:05 AM

Quote - I thought PoserPros was closed down.

the forums are still open

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 11:23 AM

*the forums are still open

I ain't been over there since " what's her name was crucified "

You all know Anton is right.  We have a certain group here in our community that love tearing people down.  Specially if they are making stuff that isn't daz related.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 12:04 PM · edited Sat, 11 April 2009 at 12:05 PM

file_428398.jpg

My last project, nothing spectaculair, I made this for a neighbour who wanted to built a third floor on his roof. Modelled in Rhino and rendered in Flamingo ( I dislike flamingo, but it works well with Rhino.

.... This getting so OT.  ( ;-)

regards,

Bopper

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:27 PM

Awesome!  Your proportions are very pleasing to the eye.  Have you made it available for Poser yet?

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:27 PM · edited Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:28 PM

Quote - *the forums are still open

You all know Anton is right.  We have a certain group here in our community that love tearing people down.  Specially if they are making stuff that isn't daz related.

Just as there are people here who are so blindly loyal to certain high profile personalities to the point of near religious worship.

And they viciously attack anyone who dares to question anything  about their "God"
or his/her Miraculous "gifts" to the poser community

even when said deity insists on committing  Commercial suicide
by scaring nearly all but a few third party content creators away with
their melodramatic Self Exiles/triumphant returns from Exile and tedious&unrelenting blood fueds
with DAZ inc
so there are TWO sides to every Issue.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 1:30 PM

*Just as there are people here who are so blindly loyal to certain high profile personalities to the point of near religious worship.

Up until Napoleon's day they used to be called the old guard.

dasquid ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 7:45 PM

Quote - My last project, nothing spectaculair, I made this for a neighbour who wanted to built a third floor on his roof. Modelled in Rhino and rendered in Flamingo ( I dislike flamingo, but it works well with Rhino.

.... This getting so OT.  ( ;-)

regards,

Bopper

Very nice house Bopper.

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 11:35 PM

Any chances of Apollo having IK on hands?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 11:58 PM

*Any chances of Apollo having IK on hands?

What body parts does Apollo have in the IK chain?

patorak ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 5:17 AM

Well well,  I heard a good rumor yesterday.  Don't know if it's true or not,  but rumor has it there will not be an Apollo 2009 cause someone shrunk wrapped a mesh to Apollo and registered a copyright on it.

If this rumor is true, don't be bullied Anton, there is recourse to the law. Here http://www.eff.org/
and here http://copyfight.corante.com/

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 5:58 AM · edited Mon, 13 April 2009 at 6:03 AM

The major value of Apollo is not the mesh, it's the rigging and morphing work Anton put into it.  If it was as simple as "shrinkwrap a sphere or a cylinder onto X figure" then obviously a whole lot more people would do that.

edit: of all people Patorak, YOU should realize how dumb that rumor is.  You have modeled human anatomy, you know how crappy the result of just shrinkwrapping some geometry onto a figure would come out.  Not to say that it can't be done, just - wow, there's no reason to do that.

My Freebies

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 11:57 AM

*Well well,  I heard a good rumor yesterday.  Don't know if it's true or not,  but rumor has it there will not be an Apollo 2009 cause someone shrunk wrapped a mesh to Apollo and registered a copyright on it.

*...and called it M4?

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 3:16 PM

M4 isn't proportioned terribly much like Apollo at all, and the mesh and rig are vastly different.  Both have two arms and legs and a head, but that's about where the similarity ends.

My Freebies

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 3:24 PM

Quote - M4 isn't proportioned terribly much like Apollo at all, and the mesh and rig are vastly different.  Both have two arms and legs and a head, but that's about where the similarity ends.

and M4 Muscular anatomy is way more realistic
Apollo never muscled up like an actual human being and was therefore useless
for forensic/human anatomy works

My website

YouTube Channel

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 3:39 PM

Quote - *Well well,  I heard a good rumor yesterday.  Don't know if it's true or not,  but rumor has it there will not be an Apollo 2009 cause someone shrunk wrapped a mesh to Apollo and registered a copyright on it.

*...and called it M4?

regards,

Bopper.

I thought that was Clark?! =o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 4:01 PM · edited Mon, 13 April 2009 at 4:02 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call M4 "realistic".  The legs and front torso are okay, the back and armpit are just kind of a mess.  In any case though, yes, vastly different from Apollo.

My Freebies

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 5:10 PM

Wolf359 - this superiority complex that you have has gotten tiresome for a long time.  It seem that you pop into threads for no other reason to tarnish someone else's character or espouse some negative point of view.

A lot of people have been here for a long time.  That's why when such conflicts occur in an open forum that people get hurt.  For the aforementioned incident a lot of people who are friends had very different feelings about what happened.  (Trekkie, I still love you and think you're great.)  But it's time to move on.  What an artist's relationship with various websites, or rather what people say that relationship is, really isn't anyone else's business.

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 8:39 PM

M4 is a step forward for Daz due to the rigging and joint controlled morphs. However, a wider variety of realistic body morphs are possible with Apollo while M4 is more grounded in the default mesh. You have two choices for M4’s upper legs: utterly ripped or unrealistic. I suspect this limitation is due to the joint controlled morphs and though it might have been alleviated, low standards and blind loyalty of a customer base won’t necessarily inspire a committee of creators to the genius of taking pains. Whether I could do better myself remains to be seen, but it's really beside the point since Anton already has.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.