Sat, Sep 21, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: ATTN ALL! Comic Poll

Hellmark ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 1:52 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:22 AM

As the comic known as "The Hellmark" enters early production stages, we at Hellmark Programming Group have a few questions, that we would like to find out from the public. So please answer our questionare and send it back to hellmark @ swbell.net (with out the spaces) or reply. #1 - Would you buy a digital comic? Yes __ No __ If yes then how much you would want to pay? $ ________ #2 - Would you buy props seen in the comic, if of quality? Yes __ No __ #3 - Would you be upset if not all the models used in the production of it was made by the producers? Yes __ No __ #4 - Would you like background music to accompany it? Yes __ No __ #5 - What format would you prefer it in? __ HTML __ Flash __ Win Execable __ Video (Divx avi or mpg) __ Other #6 - How often would you like to see new issues, even if quality suffers? __ As time permits __ Monthly __ Bi-monthly __ Weekly Thank you, in advance, for answering our questions Keith Brown Founder / Lead Programmer - Artist Hellmark Programming Group

genosiideri ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 2:07 AM

#1 - Would you buy a digital comic? Yes If yes then how much you would want to pay? $ 0 #2 - Would you buy props seen in the comic, if of quality? No #3 - Would you be upset if not all the models used in the production of it was made by the producers? No #4 - Would you like background music to accompany it? Yes (if i can turn it off too.) #5 - What format would you prefer it in? __ HTML __ Flash __ Win Execable __ Video (Divx avi or mpg) __ Other = Paper ;---) I dont actually care as long it's free! #6 - How often would you like to see new issues, even if quality suffers? __ As time permits __ Monthly Thank you, in advance, for answering our questions

Hellmark ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 2:12 AM

uh, buying aint free

genosiideri ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 2:18 AM

So you could guess that I ain't gona give you money for it! 000000

sadriel ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 2:19 AM

As the comic known as "The Hellmark" enters early production stages, we at Hellmark Programming Group have a few questions, that we would like to find out from the public. So please answer our questionare and send it back to hellmark @ swbell.net (with out the spaces) or reply. #1 - Would you buy a digital comic? Yes x No __ If yes then how much you would want to pay? $ 1-2 #2 - Would you buy props seen in the comic, if of quality? Yes x No __ #3 - Would you be upset if not all the models used in the production of it was made by the producers? Yes __ No x, so long as credit is given #4 - Would you like background music to accompany it? Yes x, if you can turn it off No __ #5 - What format would you prefer it in? __ HTML x Flash x Win Execable __ Video (Divx avi or mpg) __ Other #6 - How often would you like to see new issues, even if quality suffers? __ As time permits x Monthly __ Bi-monthly __ Weekly Thank you, in advance, for answering our questions Keith Brown Founder / Lead Programmer - Artist Hellmark Programming Group

beethoven ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 2:57 AM

1.yes 2. depends on how long it is and quality 3.No 4.that would be cool 5.Flash 6.Quality comes first over time Good luck with it hell let me know when the first one is out.

mqshocker ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 3:03 AM

Would i buy a digital comic book ,yes HOw much would I Pay,2.00 dollars Would i Buy props in the comic ,If its something I use yes. #3 no #4 yes #5 mpeg #6 monthly

nevin ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 4:55 AM

Since I did a few polls back when my animation project was a 3D comic, I'll put in my two cents. You know? Give a little back... #1 - Would you buy a digital comic? Yes. However, I must be able to download it and save it to disk/CD or print. If you make it online-only to protect the images/copyrights/etc. then you may want to consider making it free, cuz I won't pay. If yes then how much you would want to pay? $ 1.00-1.75 (depends greatly on image/story quality). #2 - Would you buy props seen in the comic, if of quality? Yes. #3 - Would you be upset if not all the models used in the production of it was made by the producers? Yes. If I am paying for it, it better be exclusive content. #4 - Would you like background music to accompany it? No. Music inspired by the comic might be cool to include in special issues now & then, but not integrated into the comic. #5 - What format would you prefer it in? Whatever the creator deems necessary. Definitely not avi/mpeg/etc. #6 - How often would you like to see new issues, even if quality suffers? As time permits... probably bi-monthly.

Hellmark ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 10:43 AM

well, anyway I do it the readers will be able to save a copy to there hard drive.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 11:31 AM

#1 - Would you buy a digital comic? Yes If yes then how much you would want to pay? $ 1-2 DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF PAGES/ISSUE. #2 - Would you buy props seen in the comic, if of quality? Yes x IF ALLOWED TO USE THEM IN COMMERCIAL RENDERS (I'M NOT ASKING TO DISTRIBUTE/SELL THE PROPS THEMSELVES, JUST USE THEM AS I PLEASE.) #3 - Would you be upset if not all the models used in the production of it was made by the producers? No SO LONG AS CREDIT IS GIVEN (WHEN POSSIBLE) AND MODELS ARE USED AS PER THE LICENSE AGREEMENT (I.E. DON'T USE MODELS THAT ARE MARKED FOR NON-COMMERCIAL RENDERS ONLY.) #4 - Would you like background music to accompany it? NO. #5 - What format would you prefer it in? HTML #6 - How often would you like to see new issues, even if quality suffers? Monthly.

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 11:36 AM

Well I've been doing 3d comics online for over a year now and sell them through a pay site access. All I can say is unless the comic has some definite adult content or super high res renderings you are not going to get much of a nibble. I put out free comics at my site from time to time which I feel are rather good quality but I only get a handful of responses. The stuff I post at the paysite draws in customers but there's no way to get a definite feedback number on that. What I wouldn't do is buy a comic for a few bucks. I buy comics in the store for the hand drawn art, not the computer renders. The art collection is a major portion of the comic collection business. As for your questions. #1 Yes depending on content and intellectual investment. I might pay a subscription but not per issue. #2 Sure, why not buy props if they are good quality and unique. #3 If you bought the model for render use I see no problem there. Doing characters that are not yours is copyright violation so I doubt you'd do that. Having to make every trash can, door, window etc... from scratch is a waste. Plus that would slow your production time if you spent it making models instead of the comic. #4 I'm on 56k so music would be a big slow down. Optional yes but not if it forsakes art quality or download time. #5 If its a comic can't you just do JPGs or GIF? Flash would be good for presentation effects. Is this thing animated? #6 I actually don't mind if its lower quality if the content is what I want to see but I lean toward better quality. You might want to check out Marvel comics web site. They have a cool on going X-Men comic that's online using flash. Its a good presentation style. Only bad part are the huge ads but you can leaf past those.

Hellmark ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 12:08 PM

I want it to be like you are actually reading the comic. so it will have a comic layout, you turn the pages, etc. One difference is that I won't have ads.

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 12:40 PM

Yes the Marvel site is set up that way. Not only that but each panel expands as you read them. The text becomes big so you can read the story better. Check it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.