Tue, Sep 24, 12:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: That Glint! (In the eye...)

l8sho ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 9:25 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

I've noticed after surveying all of my favorite renders on this site, that, within each, each model seems to have a particular, distinct glint in his/her (mostly her) eye. Am I correct in thinking that folks are creating these glints, much like the reflections that come with some of the eye sets? If so, how is this done? Or is some sort of optical illusion, trick, or function of the lighting? 

grylin ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 7:01 AM

hi. you could try painting a lil glint with photoshop or whatever  paint program u have :)

poconopixie ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 11:43 AM

The glints are created by upping the specular on the eye surface and setting the multiply specularity by opacity to "off". You also need to make sure you have a least one light set to "specular only" for the best effect.

Also, some eyes have the highlights baked in, these need no additional fussing but may not necessarily match your lighting. There are also the "Eyelights" reflections available at Daz3D.

renmmk ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 3:36 PM

i am sure that everyone does it differently. But for me, there are several packages that add reflections to the eyes. or glints as you call them.

After I apply my shader, I apply the eye reflections and render.

l8sho ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 8:11 PM

packages like...?

poconopixie ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 6:48 AM
renmmk ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 10:27 PM

"packages like"

Uhmmm...there should be several eye reflection packages in the freebie area here search reflections

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:01 PM

Mask includes highlights in the eyes in several of his/her texture packages.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Khory_D ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:22 PM

file_432667.jpg

Its not hard to get that glint without postwork or pre done reflections that may not match your scene. If you have the HSS or the daz shaders from the old freepository. Both of them add a second specular setting that makes it easy to get glints. To use the secondary spec to get the highlights  the settings are white with spec2 at 62%, spec2 roughness 46.6 and spec2 sharpness 97.4 on the eye surface.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.