Fri, Sep 20, 9:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:11 AM · edited Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:13 AM

An offshot of Sigma Delta Kappa.

omega Chi Rho gamma tau [missing letter here in Greek] omicron eta

(pay attention to capitalization)

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:23 AM

I'm guessing that's a really filthy pejorative in nerdspeak.

My Freebies

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:23 AM

:rolleyes: 

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:25 AM

Quote -  I've noticed that the dynamic clothes in poser tend to look very thin and to not have modelled seams etc, but just textured seams.
I am sure if someone made really good clothing designed for dynamics it would be popular.
Love esther

Littlefox at RDNA has made some incredible dynamic clothing for many of the Poser females. And the accompanying tutorial is thorough and works.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:26 AM

Quote - I'm guessing that's a really filthy pejorative in nerdspeak.

Or really not but pretending to be so, just so they can mess with our heads. :)

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:26 AM · edited Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:28 AM

Capital Eta would do in the missing spot, I think.  And thank you for the hint!
Now I can start working on a couple of things I've been wanting to do.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Shalimar-Cherie ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:29 AM · edited Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - Never ever can be the UI so different , that i would not find my way trough it .

So thats for sure not the hottest Point here .

The real importance will be seen over time, in the weeks and months following the product**'s** release.

How many Products are coming ? In the Weeks .... and Month .. following .
So there is more coming ?
Weeks and Months .. more then one Product = Add Ons " Build Up pay Stones " ?
Like DAZ Studio got , like Uberenviroment Lights ...

Just thinking ....

No that is not what I meant.

Look, I have ideas for fantastic FREE plugins I would make for Poser, or svdl or ockham or nruddock or many other talented Python writers could make, but there is no way for us, today, to integrate with the GUI, and let you treat these as if they are a built-in part of the program.

Thank you for this Info , i am glad about , realy .
Poser always had been a complete Program in the first way . So to add a Python is fine realy fine , but i would not purchase a " Build up Poser 8 Kit " a la DAZ Studio ... i guess you know what i mean .
I know you are a Poser Master Dino ;-) , i trust in grins.

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:45 AM

Gee I heard the secret Poser Club with the magic decoder rings and all was

PHI (Builder), (Inject) Deltas, Gamma (Correction)!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:51 AM

lol! Nice one Grichter. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:10 PM

I just hope it work right, and uses more than 3 gigs of memory and that they fix it to use mental ray or vray! a better renderer anyway

ice-boy ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - well the cloth room crashes a lot of time if you want to have a nice t-shirt on apollo plus dynamic pants. 

people dont use it because its not working how it should. in CGI sometimes an arm is going in the body. so when you have dynamic cloth it crashes.

I think the real problem isn't the cloth room itself but rather that not too many clothing items have been specifically designed for use in the cloth room. You do encounter issues with intersecting polygons and groups that arn't properly arranged and welded together, but that is to be expected. This is certainly true of items converted from conforming clothing - collars and buttons dropping away during sims, poly's flying out in all directions etc. But there's also the problem of folk not learning all the features to any real depth, and experimenting. There are things the user has to be aware of, just the same as there are when setting up the Firefly renderer.
I've never had any problems with dynamic items that were modelled as such. For example, the dynamic T-shirt and Jeans for Apollo from PoserWorld work fine. Problem with these is that the detailing isn't there and it's the little things that can let an item down.
The issue I have with dynamic clothing is that there simply isn't enough of it out there - clothes designed specifically for use in the cloth room I mean. Quite a few dresses for the females, but good dynamic shirts and pants with some level of detailing...forget it.
Svdl created an excellent set of ofice clothes for V4  - great details and very well set up. I only wish someone would model some more; everyday items like shirts and pants (male stuff).
Dynamic cloth really looks far better than conforming any day. It's almost criminal that the content isn't available to make best use of this tool.
I don't expect too much development on the cloth room, but I sure wish someone with some decent modelling skills would make some clothes for it.

btw, very entertaining thread.

great post. the topology of the mesh needs to be very good for dynamic cloth. thats why i dont use the clothes that come with the figures because they are not made for this.
it still doesnt work IMO.
i want to see if someone can show me a render of apollo or any other figure with crossed arms with a dynamic shirt and pants.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 3:07 PM

Quote - Actually, it IS our fault as a userbase. Smith Micro bought Poser, and inherited a community that wants everything done for them. If change is going to happen, it has to start with us. Where we, lead as customers, Smith Micro would be idiots not to follow. And, right now, we are collectively leading them toward content-based programming. *apologies for typos. I'm still learning to type on my cellphone.

Isn't that Poser it's strength? If I had all the time I wanted to model,  I would do so, but I need/want results fast. Secondly, when it comes to organic live forms my modeling is horrible. I do technical items (vehicles, planes, architecture, furniture and such) quite well, but humans and do look terrible when I do so. If I had time and could model organic items, I wouldn't even give Poser a though, but use something much more suitable.

Without content Poser would be almost completely worthless and loose it's major selling strength. I agree, I want stuff done for me, I don't want to model it myself. There are many talented modelers around here that create beautiful figures (no, I'm not refering to V4/M4) and clothes for such a great price, that I cannot even afford to start modeling. Doing it myself would be so much more expensive.

So you can blame me for being the kind of customer I am, yes I'm very content orientated and without that I wouldn't even have a purpose for using Poser.

Having said that, it leaves more and enough room for SM to improve my content oriented experience and I sincerely do hope they do continue with their content-based programming!!!!

Perhaps it's time for you to look elsewhere if you need more?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 3:50 PM

Be fair to Poser's dynamic cloth, it's quirky and it's slow but it's really rather powerful and function-heavy.  The crossed arms scenario is difficult for any dynamics simulation, even in the multi thousand dollar apps, and Poser's dynamics are essentially free addons (at most a couple of bucks out of the overall price).

My Freebies

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 4:08 PM

Quote - That's why I said what I said about Poser marketing. Poser is late. Much like in the tortoise/hare fable, they have missed the train.
Each sensible user would rather get DAZ Studio, except a handful old dinosaurs who have got too much used to Poser that they are incapable of changing their habits; And that's not a market share.

In all fairness, while I can agree with the statement in principle (technically, you're spot-on), I don't think this is the whole case.

==

Part of the reason why? Poser still has goods that are a bit indispensable, yet D|S doesn't have them. I'm not talking about dynamics, the face room, or any of the CPU-sucking fluff that gets more marketing time than actual usage. I'm talking about the hidden and the oft-ignored corners of the app: hierarchy editing, joint editing, things of that nature... things that are pretty powerful once you dig in and put them to real use.

A second something to mentally chew on is that -like it or lump it- Poser still has a large and zealous community, folks who are in no hurry to ditch the years of patient learning of what is certainly a quirky application. As much as I would hope that Poser got a real UI (no, really), and one that didn't feel like a kludge, I don't see it happening (and it was pretty much confirmed earlier in this thread, no?)

Also, a lot of it is not the Poser coding team's fault (well, not down in the trenches, anyway). Think of it this way: a MacOS app because a Windows app became an OSX (on PPC, then universal binary) and Win32 app, which is by now about to be a OSX (Intel) and Win64 app.

Not too easy to simultaneously clean out cruft without breaking legacy compatibilities, keep up with the rising competition's feature sets, and at the same time present a compelling application that doesn't have to rely on Moore's Law just to run itself halfway smoothly. Oh, and did I mention that during this whole time, the Poser team's owners keep changing, with twice the speed and frequency of a dockside prostie's john list during Fleet Week...

==

Now, all that said, hey - props to 'em. OTOH, Darwin's theorems apply just as equally to business as they do to evolution, and D|S is getting downright upwardly mobile these days.  So yeah, I agree with what you're saying, but there's a lot more to it behind the scenes :)

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quote - An offshot of Sigma Delta Kappa.

Μήνυμα (τελικά) έλαβε και κατανοητή.

pitklad ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 5:46 PM

is it my idea or you post greek on this? I see greek !

Ω Χ Ρ Τ Ο Η

are the letters BB said... not makes sense for me in greek...

My FreeStuff

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 7:17 PM · edited Sun, 28 June 2009 at 7:21 PM

Hint 1: (repeating) pay attention to capitalization.
Hint 2: I do not know Greek - I would be the kind of person to spell something using Greek letters, that is not a Greek word. But I do not even know the Greek letters. I looked them up on a chart.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 7:20 PM

Right, I should have used capital Eta for the missing letter.

So my corrected clue is:

omega Chi Rho gamma tau Eta omicron eta

Now I have to go and try to decode nruddock's riddle.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - An offshot of Sigma Delta Kappa.

Aha! Got it. So get to work!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 8:19 PM

Too weird for me, sorry.

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 9:16 PM

Maddening thing is that I get nruddock's message easy, but bb's is still a mystery.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 9:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - An offshot of Sigma Delta Kappa.

Aha! Got it. So get to work!

Stick 'wiki.' before it and '.org' after it, and you'll find a lot of good information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:02 PM · edited Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:03 PM

Isn't this fun? It's like you're in the Da Vinci Code.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:30 PM

Just when I was CONVINCED it was the Make Art button!

You're wicked BB

mouser ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:53 PM

Hmm, I guess my hope that they are doing a rewrite of Poser's core app is, unlikly?
I hate to be the odd one out, but I realy hope they add no new features and just concentrate on fixing what they have.
Perhaps Poser needs a new form of marketing, instead of Poser and PoserPro, how about bug heavy and bug light.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:49 PM

wxPython

Regards / Jonny

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 2:28 AM

You know what seems to amaze me most is the number of people who think Poser should be retooled based solely on their own ability (or perhaps I should say, inability) to use it well or some major quirk their computer has with the program.

Coleman ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 3:30 AM

Fingers crossed that Poser 8 is fully 64 bit  😄

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 3:31 AM

Quote - > Quote - Actually, it IS our fault as a userbase. Smith Micro bought Poser, and inherited a community that wants everything done for them. If change is going to happen, it has to start with us. Where we, lead as customers, Smith Micro would be idiots not to follow. And, right now, we are collectively leading them toward content-based programming. *apologies for typos. I'm still learning to type on my cellphone.

Isn't that Poser it's strength? If I had all the time I wanted to model,  I would do so, but I need/want results fast. Secondly, when it comes to organic live forms my modeling is horrible. I do technical items (vehicles, planes, architecture, furniture and such) quite well, but humans and do look terrible when I do so. If I had time and could model organic items, I wouldn't even give Poser a though, but use something much more suitable.

Without content Poser would be almost completely worthless and loose it's major selling strength. I agree, I want stuff done for me, I don't want to model it myself. There are many talented modelers around here that create beautiful figures (no, I'm not refering to V4/M4) and clothes for such a great price, that I cannot even afford to start modeling. Doing it myself would be so much more expensive.

So you can blame me for being the kind of customer I am, yes I'm very content orientated and without that I wouldn't even have a purpose for using Poser.

Having said that, it leaves more and enough room for SM to improve my content oriented experience and I sincerely do hope they do continue with their content-based programming!!!!

Perhaps it's time for you to look elsewhere if you need more?

Actually, that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying that folks who are looking to Poser to be a cheap Lightwave are going to be sorely disappointed.  I don't have anything to do with Smith Micro, but you don't really need a crystal ball to see that. 
What I'm saying is that people who bemoan the fact that Smith Micro is following the way the userbase is going need to look at why the userbase is what it is.  You (not pointedly, collectively) need to look at what a company is going to look at.  They're not going to take the wants of the few over the wants of the many.  They're going to ignore the ones that want better technical handling (the few) over the ones that want better content management (the many). 
My post was actually directed at all the users who are screaming that Smith Micro isn't listening.   They are, actually.  They're listening to the majority of their customers.  I still feel, wholeheartedly, that too many people already don't use the bells and whistles properly as is, so I can't say I'd be surprised if the coolest innovations we get out of version 8 are based on content management.  We got some really great rendering options with P7 and Pro.  For which I'm VERY grateful. 
Everybody uses the program differently.  Everyone has different wants.  If they accomodated everyone, we'd be paying upwards of $1k for the program.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 3:58 AM

can someone post now every hint form BB and the translation? i am confused and lost here .

:) 

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 4:08 AM

QUOTE "can someone post now every hint form BB and the translation? i am confused and lost here .

:) "

It's going to be way cool and do something special in the rendering and render faster.
It will allow other users to script some plugins that look like they are part of poser.
It's coming out after siggraph in august.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 4:08 AM

oh and it will help us manage our bloated runtimes.
Love esther

Cybomanx ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 6:00 AM

I would be happy if the figures didn't have joints that looked like folded innertubes, thats my only gripe.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 6:55 AM

Quote -  QUOTE "can someone post now every hint form BB and the translation? i am confused and lost here .

:) "

It's going to be way cool and do something special in the rendering and render faster.
It will allow other users to script some plugins that look like they are part of poser.
It's coming out after siggraph in august.
Love esther

So, the door is open for a 'Make Art' button after all!  Cool beans!

Synpainter ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 7:48 AM

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 7:59 AM

i hope they fixed DM shadows and they work now how they should 5 years ago.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 8:01 AM

Oh doh ... looks like I need to start saving some money

I only ask for two things: make it a 64 bit app and do.NOT.mess.with.the.interface!

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 8:04 AM

Whatever will be will be at this stage.  But I can't wait to see it and play with it.
Love esther

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 8:46 AM

I am going to throw out my 2 cents. I don't think we will see a significant change to UI with Poser 8. I also don't think we will see the mythical 1 click make art button either. I do hope they address the issue with resources and make content management a little easier.

My wish list for P8 is simple, I know it can be done. I want the option for incremental saving of files (pz3) 

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 8:50 AM

Quote - wxPython

Regards / Jonny

Ok, I guess just didn't know what that was (should have wiki'd it as suggested) so thought I'd translated wrong.

"Six by nine. Forty two." "That's it. That's all there is."

"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 9:03 AM

Quote -
I'll consider buying if it has significant improvements in the areas that need them most (IMO). I hope they've done some serious fixing of the Hair room.

I hope the figures don't continue the trend of ridiculously huge polygon counts and hope the new P8 features are something I need and use.

I hope that the polygon count isnt as high as on Sydney.

Maybe Smith Micro will learn and Alyson will be rigged more like Miki2.

If they want me to shell out over $100 for an upgrade to P8, they'd better have included some new (useful!) features, lots of bug fixes and speed improvements to the core app.

I'd rather have a new poser with more improvements instead of paying for figures and content I'll never use.

I am curious to see if they have changed (even improved) the User Interface.

I am hoping for more 64-bit goodness, and an accurate reference guide.

If, IF, she is the Poser 8 girl, I just might use her.

My point is, yes, they sure need to cater for the old clients.

Please, oh, please include some low to medium res figures .

An hair, lots of hair, P L E A S E.

And, everyday, wearable clothing would be nice too. .

Looking forward to it and no doubt this thing will be a 64-bit program.

Needs full 64 bit capability, and a user interface we can really use (gizmos to move things - enough with spinning dials!)

oooooo, crosses fingers, let it not be a bunch of compressed psds and not brown

Well if they are going to overhaul the interface then I MIGHT be interested in an upgrade.....

I have a long wishlist of things that I would like to see in this version and made sure to include them in the survery they had awhile ago.

How about being able to multi  select body parts and in the Material Room, surfaces??

Really needs options like this for my sort of work flow. 

What I am interested in is whether or not this will include many of the features in Poser Pro, such as HDRI rendering, background rendering, and network rendering support for at least 3 other computers... a UI overhaul with faster load time and rendering time would be ideal.

Including a fast and stable 64-bit version for Intel Macs running Leopard or greater would also be a good reason to upgrade... not the content.

we would like to see an improvment on the Render Engine .

Hoping for the best (lots of new features, global illumination, state-of-the-art render times, well, everything DAZ Studio already has...)

And if someone, we care not who, can just solve all the issues of Poser import into Vue.......

Make DAZ Studio 3 look like MS Paintbrush, and you might gain our respect.

area lights.............................

and a better fake SSS  .........................

i would like better options in the render.

I really do hope they release the full feature list at once and release the list well before the product will be released and don't play these annoying games with us.

Help it by better (and initially free) supporting - updating your own figures? ? ?

If it works better than un-patched Poser5 I'll buy it.

I do hope they include the content as a seperate install, preferably the individual zips so we can pick and choose what we want to install of it and where we want it installed to.

Tool bars would be nice to get rid of all the wasted space carried over since Poser 2 where I started.  Also a way to manage our libraries especially for those of us with multiple runtimes.  Better animation tools as well.

if there are some UI improvements then I'm there for sure.

My one wish would be to see the latest version of Poser as a fully functional 64 bit program!

I just hope it work right, and uses more than 3 gigs of memory and that they fix it to use mental ray or vray!

I realy hope they add no new features and just concentrate on fixing what they have.

Fingers crossed that Poser 8 is fully 64 bit 

I would be happy if the figures didn't have joints that looked like folded innertubes, thats my only gripe.

i hope they fixed DM shadows and they work now how they should 5 years ago.

I only ask for two things: make it a 64 bit app and do.NOT.mess.with.the.interface!

I want the option for incremental saving of files (pz3)

An' a pony!!!! I wanna pony!! Pleeeeeeeez?!? I've been really good this year, an' I reeeeeeely wanna pony!

Can I have one?

If I don't get a pony, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue!

Then you'll be sorry...

:lol: 😄 :lol:

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 9:28 AM

I've never wanted a "make art" button. A "make money" button, now that would be useful.

Shalimar-Cherie ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:13 AM

Quote - > Quote -

I'll consider buying if it has significant improvements in the areas that need them most (IMO). I hope they've done some serious fixing of the Hair room.

I hope the figures don't continue the trend of ridiculously huge polygon counts and hope the new P8 features are something I need and use.

I hope that the polygon count isnt as high as on Sydney.

Maybe Smith Micro will learn and Alyson will be rigged more like Miki2.

If they want me to shell out over $100 for an upgrade to P8, they'd better have included some new (useful!) features, lots of bug fixes and speed improvements to the core app.

I'd rather have a new poser with more improvements instead of paying for figures and content I'll never use.

I am curious to see if they have changed (even improved) the User Interface.

I am hoping for more 64-bit goodness, and an accurate reference guide.

If, IF, she is the Poser 8 girl, I just might use her.

My point is, yes, they sure need to cater for the old clients.

Please, oh, please include some low to medium res figures .

An hair, lots of hair, P L E A S E.

And, everyday, wearable clothing would be nice too. .

Looking forward to it and no doubt this thing will be a 64-bit program.

Needs full 64 bit capability, and a user interface we can really use (gizmos to move things - enough with spinning dials!)

oooooo, crosses fingers, let it not be a bunch of compressed psds and not brown

Well if they are going to overhaul the interface then I MIGHT be interested in an upgrade.....

I have a long wishlist of things that I would like to see in this version and made sure to include them in the survery they had awhile ago.

How about being able to multi  select body parts and in the Material Room, surfaces??

Really needs options like this for my sort of work flow. 

What I am interested in is whether or not this will include many of the features in Poser Pro, such as HDRI rendering, background rendering, and network rendering support for at least 3 other computers... a UI overhaul with faster load time and rendering time would be ideal.

Including a fast and stable 64-bit version for Intel Macs running Leopard or greater would also be a good reason to upgrade... not the content.

we would like to see an improvment on the Render Engine .

Hoping for the best (lots of new features, global illumination, state-of-the-art render times, well, everything DAZ Studio already has...)

And if someone, we care not who, can just solve all the issues of Poser import into Vue.......

Make DAZ Studio 3 look like MS Paintbrush, and you might gain our respect.

area lights.............................

and a better fake SSS  .........................

i would like better options in the render.

I really do hope they release the full feature list at once and release the list well before the product will be released and don't play these annoying games with us.

Help it by better (and initially free) supporting - updating your own figures? ? ?

If it works better than un-patched Poser5 I'll buy it.

I do hope they include the content as a seperate install, preferably the individual zips so we can pick and choose what we want to install of it and where we want it installed to.

Tool bars would be nice to get rid of all the wasted space carried over since Poser 2 where I started.  Also a way to manage our libraries especially for those of us with multiple runtimes.  Better animation tools as well.

if there are some UI improvements then I'm there for sure.

My one wish would be to see the latest version of Poser as a fully functional 64 bit program!

I just hope it work right, and uses more than 3 gigs of memory and that they fix it to use mental ray or vray!

I realy hope they add no new features and just concentrate on fixing what they have.

Fingers crossed that Poser 8 is fully 64 bit 

i hope they fixed DM shadows and they work now how they should 5 years ago.

I want the option for incremental saving of files (pz3)

An' a pony!!!! I wanna pony!! Pleeeeeeeez?!? I've been really good this year, an' I reeeeeeely wanna pony!

Can I have one?

Then you'll be sorry...

I agree in every Point here , without the Pony which is to purchase @ DAZ rofl

It is unflatable but smiling , as i heared the Pony is easy to handle by drag and drop .

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 11:08 AM

wxPython

If that's true, I'm buying. Non-modal dialogs, full UI capabilities, well, it means that whatever SM doesn't put in Poser by itself can be added by talented scripters. WOOT!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 12:04 PM

Quote - An' a pony!!!! I wanna pony!! Pleeeeeeeez?!? I've been really good this year, an' I reeeeeeely wanna pony!

Can I have one?

Then you'll be sorry...

Geez, you already have a horse, the angelfish, a frog, camel, Dolphin and a wolf  and you don't do enough renders with them, and you think you're going to get another pet to ignore? I don't think so, young man!

Go ahead, hold your breath, you'll pass out before you die anyway and then maybe I can get some peace and quiet around here!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 12:22 PM

Quote -  

Oooh shiney! I want one!

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 1:37 PM

Interestingly, wxPython is the same as Vue uses I believe

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 2:13 PM

Quote - Isn't this fun? It's like you're in the Da Vinci Code.

translate.google.com

(it ain't that hard... ;) )

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 2:25 PM

Gee, I think I got BB's code.. ;)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Isn't this fun? It's like you're in the Da Vinci Code.

translate.google.com

(it ain't that hard... ;) )

I think my Greek-letter code was kind of hard, and quite fun until somebody wrote the answer in plain English. I didn't think anybody would do that, and the others who got it didn't, but spelling it out like that is uncool so no more clues from me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.