Wed, Sep 25, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 11:51 am)

Subject: Morph on a posed body part

poliakis ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 10:31 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Problem with a morph on a posed figure

Hi All !

I have this problem since a while ago: I want to make a morph on a posed body part, but the result doesn’t even looks like the morphed mesh ! It’s not a vertex scramble, as I have this problem even with a single body part.

Let’s look an example: I’ll use M4 mesh from DAZ3D, and I put the Right Thigh of this mesh at the minimum value (-75°) (fig.1 ).

Let’s say I don’t like the form of the “glute” at this point (fairly to low), so the idea is to use the GluteUp morph that can be seen on fig 2.

But now the mesh has a little deformation that I’d like to correct, for example by smoothing it.

So I export this body part as a prop (fig 3),

and with the Morphing Tool of Poser I have quickly a smoothed mesh (fig 4). (Note that for doing this I don’t have to export and reimport the body part. But it’s necessary on a mesh composed of multiple body parts, and the problem is the same, plus the vertex scrambling on welded exported geometry J )

Now, the problem is when I load this smoothed mesh on the original right thigh, I don’t have at all the result expected (fig 5): the mesh is a little more corrected, but not as with the smoothed mesh.

The good result should be what is shown on fig 6 (smooth prop replacing original right thigh, but of course the seams are visible here in the hip-rThigh joint).

This problem doesn’t appear on zero posed figure, for when applying the morphed mesh on the original part the result is what one would expect (fortunately J).

If someone has an idea … J

Thx to all

poliakis ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 11:10 AM

Oups, all the pix are invisible

Sorry for that, u can watch all the six of them at           http://www.4shared.com/file/116539753/e7b09664/1_-_M4_posed.html

Sorry again (my first post 😄)

jonnybode ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 12:15 PM

Hi!

I should have tried this with magnets, start with unmorphed figure, bend leg, add magnet to rigth tigh, choose magnet, add elemnts to deform = Hip, play with magnet and finetune with magnet zone.

When happy, spawn morphtarget in rigth tigh + Hip.

Regards / Jonny

poliakis ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 2:16 PM

Thx for your answer

Actually, as i was (and i'm still) desesperated with this problem, i've tried your solution a while ago playing with different magnets, trying to adjust different mag zones etc... The result is that, in your own words, i was never "happy" with this solution, the main reason being for once the complexity and the number of objects needed to perform (in an unsatisfactoy way) this operation, and the second the fact that with other blending parameters all the adjustemnts with all the mag must be done again, while, with morphs, ERC techniques can adjust automatically the values needed.

The main problem remains to understand why a morph, while adequate in an exported bended geometry, still remains unfitted when apllied on the original bended mesh. As matter a fact, the "custom_morph" created with the morphing tools in poser has its targetgeom data after all the world transformations in the actor part of the cr2 file, while a "normal" morph has its data just after the "groups" declaration in the channels, meaning that rotating or bending a geometry must have an influence on the morph data. So i've tried to put the morphed data also after the world transformations, but with no chance either :cursing:

So still desesperated ...

Regards
PK

jonnybode ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 3:08 PM

What happens if you create a morph  (no other morphs applied except your custom_morph) on a characters Right Thigh without exporting as obj?
Instead you spawn a morphtarget from Object/spawn morph target.

I never export bodyparts when i morph them (except for bringing them in to 3rd party programs).

Regards / Jonny

poliakis ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2009 at 3:22 AM

Applying directly the morphing tool in poser without exporting anything is a good start point, though in posed body parts this tool (in particuliar in smoothing) seems to have a curious behavior. The tool works much better when applied in a separate prop (exported body part).

Anyway, for smoothing contiguous body parts (for example hip + rthigh) you have to export a welded geometry of your posed figure, and the same problem will arise when importing back the modified body parts (plus the vertices mixing, fortunately resolvable with a free tool like morpher)

poliakis ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2009 at 1:08 AM

up :biggrin:

No seriously, anyone has an idea ?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.