Tue, Oct 22, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Wrought iron and liquid in a glass?

Greebo ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 7:00 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

As the title says, I'm looking for a wrought iron shader for a set of cemetary gates. I also would like to know how to make a glass seem as if it is half filled with liquid. I have a champagne glass but it looks sorta silly with no bubbly in it.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 9:27 AM

You may be able to fake a liquid by doing a texture so part of the glass is a different color , and using a transparency map on a disc or plane to make the top surface.  I use a modelling program to make a plug, that fits into the glass to be the liquid. There are also some props with morphs for level and tilt of a liquid in the glass, bottle etc .

"Champagne Flute Glass Prop" in freestuff might work.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 9:52 AM

file_435429.jpg

I haven't been around wrought iron in a while, but if my tactile memory serves, it has a sort of waviness.  Here's one way to get there. Since this uses Displacement, be sure to check the "use displacement maps" on the render choices.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 9:52 AM

file_435430.jpg

The result of this texture.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Greebo ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Ockham, that's really cool :)

Ah, I'm not much of a modeller, but that freestuff link looks promising, thanks very much markschum :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 5:10 PM

Quote - I haven't been around wrought iron in a while, but if my tactile memory serves,
it has a sort of waviness.  Here's one way to get there.
Since this uses Displacement, be sure to check the "use displacement maps"
on the render choices.

Yes, rough and with a slight greenish tinge, believe it or not ;o).

Laurie

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 5:32 PM · edited Tue, 28 July 2009 at 5:35 PM

Interesting.  I've only seen wrought iron when it was painted black,
not in raw form.   Wonder if the hammering brings out a trace of copper,
or just changes the surface so it reflects more green?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:49 PM

As with all dark materials, if you're looking for realism, the key will be a gamma-correcting shader, as it is all in the speculars.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 1:42 AM

I took a break on the image as it really wasn't working the way I wanted it to :( But thanks very much for your help guys. It's much appreciated :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.