Sat, Aug 3, 11:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Odd question:

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 6:51 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 10:38 AM

I noticed, after poking around a bit, a lot of outfits that show quite readily the bottom half of a woman's breasts.

Now mind you I'm not really complaining or anything, at least on grounds of prudishness (trust me, I'm the last human being that anyone can accuse of prudery). So, with that out the way, let's get the train moving.

You see, it got me to thinking... about physics. As in, if there's nothing holding the 'girls' up, then how in the unholy hell do they stay under the cloth, eh? Has anyone who made these things even given the slightest thought to physics here? As someone who, while he does not own a pair of breasts, but has seen and interacted with them since... oh, birth, I'm just wondering how the frig someone can make a mesh that shows off the area without giving a single thought to how to give the illusion of keeping 'em held in there?  A very, very tight shirt? Okay. Understandable. A chest flat enough to play pool on? Ditto. A guy? well, duh. But unless human breasts have recently gained an inflation valve and a PSI (or if you prefer, kPa) rating, well.... WTF, y'all?

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 6:56 PM

Pengy, hon, have you never been to a strip club?  :lol:

In the real world, they use double-sided body tape.  In the 3D world...we use "Conform To"  😉

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 6:59 PM · edited Tue, 28 July 2009 at 7:01 PM

double sided sticky tape

Edit: jenx was faster but then she didn't need to search for the proper english word and then select one out of dozens

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 9:08 PM

Quote - Pengy, hon, have you never been to a strip club?  :lol:

In the real world, they use double-sided body tape.  In the 3D world...we use "Conform To"  😉

I've been to strip clubs, but I can't say that I've seen this.  Could you elaborate a bit more, -maybe with illustrations? '=D
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 9:16 PM

You ought to know by now that most female CG clothes, espeically of the fantasy variety, are complete nonsense from a physics standpoint.  Large CG breasts are even worse.

My Freebies

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:02 PM · edited Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:04 PM

You can go to hollywoodfashiontape dot com and buy some but I believe that Vicki uses a special silicone-helium formula which eliminates the need for such things. 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:22 PM

Quote - In the real world, they use double-sided body tape.

Or surgical glue.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 10:59 PM

I've heard that transvestite bars use duct tape to make 'something out of nothing' on guys, but I wouldn't be surprised...;) Duct tape is such a manly solution anyways...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 11:08 PM

Quote - I've heard that transvestite bars use duct tape to make 'something out of nothing' on guys, but I wouldn't be surprised...;) Duct tape is such a manly solution anyways...;)

That's be use for which McGyver never showed us!! ;=D
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 6:07 AM

uhhhh....

Breasts Shaped by Evolution for Babies, not Men 
"That cute roundness and up-tilt to .... breasts evolved to help feed .... baby, not attract .... mate, say evolutionists."

Accordingly, the 3D female versions ought to mimic Real Life purpose.

Ha ha ha ha ha !

Eternal Hobbyist

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 6:21 AM

Quote - double sided sticky tape

Edit: jenx was faster but then she didn't need to search for the proper english word and then select one out of dozens

It doesn't make your answer any less valid ;)  I'm sure dozens of us were thinking the same thing ;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 6:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.hollywoodfashiontape.com/home.cfm

> Quote - > Quote - Pengy, hon, have you *never* been to a strip club?  :lol: > > > > In the real world, they use double-sided body tape.  In the 3D world...we use "Conform To"  😉 > > > > I've been to strip clubs, but I can't say that I've seen this.  Could you elaborate a bit more, -maybe with illustrations? '=D > DPH

Sure!  The above link is the stuff they sell at walmart.  There's a demo-reel in the top right-hand corner. 

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 6:31 AM

Quote - I've heard that transvestite bars use duct tape to make 'something out of nothing' on guys, but I wouldn't be surprised...;) Duct tape is such a manly solution anyways...;)

I honestly wouldn't use duct tape.  On Skin.  For any reason.  I was actually one of those mean big sisters that found creative ways to pick on her younger siblings.  The only thing I feel really bad about was taping my kid brother to the wall.  I only got a tiny bit of skin with the duct tape, but, after being left there to hang for 15 minutes, and taking it off his arm, it took a good layer or 2 of skin off :(  (Everything else was usually harmless razzing or blaming of other stuff on him.  Or, you know, wedgies)

Anyway, from the cross-dressers I've known, if they don't have anything "naturally", they'll usually go with good-old stick-on boobs under a top.  Those, even without body tape, can actually help accentuate what they really haven't got ;) 

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 11:31 AM

"In a world, of magic... fantasy... and double-sided boob tape!"

Heh.

Never thought of the tape angle (seriously - that can't be comfortable). Do these packages come with any? (I'm half-joking here...)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 11:38 AM · edited Wed, 29 July 2009 at 11:40 AM

file_435538.jpg

tee hee, let's ask Darla how she's keeping her charmers under wraps?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 12:18 PM

I'm not sure how the CG artists do it, but I 'm sure that those breast the size and shape of zeppelins, which don't hang down to the knees, are actually filled with helium. Thus, they defy gravity if not the imagination.

Really though, Poser artists are not interested in realism, they want ULTRArealism where anything is possible.

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 12:33 PM

My wife used to work at a major chain store in the "womens" area (bras, panties, stocking, and other under the clothing stuff). I had asked her the same thing. She said that some tops have built in supporters so they don't fall out when breathing. She said some of them tops are very uncomfortable.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 12:38 PM

Ahhhh....Ode to the Underboob...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 12:55 PM

LOL seems that CG big breasted women with a tooth pick body frame never suffer from chronic back problems or pain ah such a perfect world is it not? Hehehehe.

My Facebook Page

3Dave ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 6:31 AM

Quote from the late Ivor Cutler (Scots poet/musicisn/story-teller)

"If you're breasts are too large, you will fall over,
unless...
you wear a rucksack."

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 11:16 AM

I think the underboob is sexier than cleavage.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 2:41 PM

It can be, no doubt. Erotica is more often than not an image or sound that forces you to fire up your imagination as to what lies beneath, but not seeing it. 

OTOH, it all depends on how it gets presented IMHO. A lot of the outfits presented in the RMP don't quite cut it - it's like they're only showing it off just for the sake of showing it off; there's no 'reason' (for severe lack of a better term) for it to be sitting there exposed... and often calls to mind phrases like: "Daamn, girl - didn't anyone tell you that you shouldn't wash that armor on the 'hot' setting?"  That, or it's like someone threw a transmap on a top and got... that.

Then there's the "damnit, the physics are just plain wrong here" angle. Not to nitpick on you personally, but the image you showed does illustrate this. Forget the apparent age of the character for a second, and take a look at the cloth: Worn on a chest with breasts, the cloth between them should be stretched tight, at a straight (or near-straight) line between them, due to the apparent tension that the cloth has to undergo just to hold everything in there (since there's nothing that would otherwise hold it up, such as straps and etc).

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 1:24 AM

I see some things don't change ;)

bwahahahahahahaha

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 3:02 AM

Pengy, hon, you're trying to inject logic into the situation.  I don't really have to go much further to tell you where you've gone wrong :lol:

Good to see you, ynsaen ;)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 10:36 AM

I know, I know... logic is a bad tack; but I had to. It's my nature, and it guides what I build and buy, n' stuff.

But then, what is the nature of fantasy, and what can be kept, versus what should/can get discarded, even in fantasy? The sci-fi angle is picky enough among fans that logic and physics have to be at least plausible. Call it a curse that I'm a sci-fi fan. 

Fantasy? Not so much a requirement... but what do artists think? How far off the physics angle in clothing and such is a good idea?

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 10:43 AM

Pengy, having worked in a business that involved the wearing of clothing where the laws of physics worked against me. I can tell yor that insofar as women are concented, poserdom is not hte only place where physics (or, more accurately, gravity, motion, and thermal dynamics) are ignored.

Seriously.

:D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.