Fri, Sep 20, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: BUYING POSER 8 -- BEWARE!!!

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 6:42 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:50 AM

Make SURE you are not logged in as "Guest" when you add P8 to your cart!!!!
Make SURE you log into your account BEFORE YOU ENTER YOUR SERIAL NUMBER!!!!!

I just added the serial after adding the item to the cart, went to check out, it asked me to log in -- and when I was logged in my cart was empty.

It is now not letting me use my P7 Serial number, so I can't buy it until I hear from freaking support.

Color me bloody annoyed as all hell here.

Silke

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 6:46 AM

I've had that problem with any CP purchase, although since I didn't purchase an upgrade, I just had to add the several items back into my cart, which is still a pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 6:56 AM

The same happened to me, though i've been able to put it back in my cart and reenter my serial with no problem...

My Store

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:39 AM

Happened here too, now I don't know what to do, I've even tried entering my P6 serial number and it wouldn't take that either. 

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:41 AM
Site Admin

Well I didn't sign in because it's the first time I'm buying something from them since they changed the store and I was unaware I had to create a new account.   So first I added it to my cart, input serial, got accepted and then had to create account. Upon completing that there was nothing in my cart, I tried to put it back in again and input serial and it's not accepting it :(

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:42 AM
Site Admin

Deecey, I thought of entering the P6 serial too but we used that to upgrade to Poser 7 so naturally it wouldn't work . . .

virusboy ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:52 AM

I'm having the same problem.  Have tried entering the product serial in the various ways suggested on the site - upper case letters, lower case letters, not using caps lock and still nothing. I got Poser 7 when it still belonged to e-frontier and registered it with them so maybe thats what the problem is. I found a page on their site that allows you to register the product but  whether that was successful I don't know: the resulting web page just said I would be contact by support....I've email support about the serial not being accepted and now I've got to wait. Hopefully they'll get back to me before the upgrade deal ends.......

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:56 AM

Hmm... it seems i'm the only one here who succeed to enter the serial after having looged in, and you all seem to have upgraded from P7 while i did from PPro.
Maybe is it related?

My Store

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:57 AM

OOOOOHHHHH yes, you might be right! I'll try the PPro serial 

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:03 AM

Haven't you seen the announcement concerning upgrade to P8 from PPro? It worth it ;)

My Store

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:03 AM
Site Admin

Go to this link and buy from smithmicro http://my.smithmicro.com/win/poser/index.html
Had no problems accepting my serial and the order went through.

But now it doesn't accept my credit card sigh  I hate upgrading Poser every time, I had problems each and every time - why should 8 be the exception . . .

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:05 AM

OK the Poser Pro SN worked for me ... GOT IT!  8-) 

virusboy ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:10 AM

Quote - Go to this link and buy from smithmicro http://my.smithmicro.com/win/poser/index.html
Had no problems accepting my serial and the order went through.

I tried that and it still wont work......and I don't have Poser Pro...ironically I was waiting for Poser 8 to come out....

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:17 AM
Site Admin

Yeah I don't have Poser Pro either.  Hope we get support soon.   Any onsite support I try I am asked for the order number and a password I supposedly chose when I placed the order.   There was no such thing when placing the order, and I have no idea what password they are referring to.   The thing is, the order is placed, my CC isn't charged yet because apparently they have a problem with it but it has accepted my serial - which  I hope doesn't mean I won't be able to use it again seeing as this order was so botched.

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:25 AM

Quote - I tried that and it still wont work......and I don't have Poser Pro...ironically I was waiting for Poser 8 to come out....

At least you have saved the PPro upgrade price ;)

My Store

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 8:55 AM
Site Admin

Well finally got it.  I cleared my temp internet files and logged back into Content Paradise and this time my serial was accepted - and at least at CP I get the Paypal option since Smith Micro doesn't like my CC.   I'm curious though, has anyone else had any problems with their CC being accepted in the the new Content Paradise or should I write them?

Off to download now :)

virusboy ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 9:10 AM

Quote - Well finally got it.  I cleared my temp internet files and logged back into Content Paradise and this time my serial was accepted - and at least at CP I get the Paypal option since Smith Micro doesn't like my CC.   I'm curious though, has anyone else had any problems with their CC being accepted in the the new Content Paradise or should I write them?

Off to download now :)

I just did the same and the order went through - cleared internet temp files, logged in, and everything was fine.

Off to down load.....

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 9:11 AM

I had the same experience.  Tried both SM and CP... neither place would accept my
P7 serial.  Gave up and moped for a while, then logged in at CP again, and this time
it all went smoothly.    Ah, the mysteries of technology......

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 10:02 AM

Clearing your Cache of your Browser should resolve it, if not, contact Sales Support with your Code and the Store where you were attempting the purchase.

ratscloset
aka John

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:23 AM

Hi RC.  Long time no see.  JCarefree here from the old CP forum.

I'm downloading P8 now.  I was never asked for my P7 Registration Number.

Did I miss something?

Or is that yet to come when I activate?

Anyone?  Please?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:25 AM

Are you sure you ordered an upgrade and not the full version? 

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:27 AM

Oh okay.  Yes.  I ordered the full version.

Information overload today.  Heh heh.

Thank you!

Oh God.  I can't wait to get started.  :)

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 11:45 AM

I think I'll wait until I can get it in amazon or something before I buy it.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 1:28 PM

Quote - Make SURE you are not logged in as "Guest" when you add P8 to your cart!!!!
Make SURE you log into your account BEFORE YOU ENTER YOUR SERIAL NUMBER!!!!!

I just added the serial after adding the item to the cart, went to check out, it asked me to log in -- and when I was logged in my cart was empty.
It is now not letting me use my P7 Serial number, so I can't buy it until I hear from freaking support.

Same problem here; it let me enter the serial number, and then when I logged in it wouldn't recognise it again. So I shut the machine down, went off for a cup of tea, watched the box for an hour and then tried again, logging in first. Worked fine. Now all I have to do is wait patiently for the postman...

martinjfrost ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 1:47 PM

Quote - Hmm... it seems i'm the only one here who succeed to enter the serial after having looged in, and you all seem to have upgraded from P7 while i did from PPro.
Maybe is it related?

Im with you vince, i had no probs with logging in, or serial numbers, it was to be honest, surprisingly fast and efiicient !!

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 2:49 PM · edited Tue, 04 August 2009 at 2:50 PM

Can I use my content paradise login or do I need a new one?

Edit:  Also I'm not seeing where to login prior to entering the serial number...??

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 2:55 PM

CP Login.  Top Righthand corner of your screen, it will say "Log In"

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 3:04 PM

Quote - CP Login.  Top Righthand corner of your screen, it will say "Log In"

Ok thanks.  It just dawned on me that you all were talking about the CP site instead of the Smith Micro site.  Duh

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 3:09 PM

;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

gypsyangel ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 3:36 PM

I had that problem this morning. I cleared out my cache and browser history, went back and it worked fine after that. :) Now if I could just figure out why it can't find any textures in a saved file, figure out how to delete a runtime from the library and figure out how to change this totally hideous interface color, I might stop hating it after all! :D

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 3:48 PM
Site Admin

In order to delete a runtime just display that runtime, not All, and you will get the option to delete right next to the button for adding a new runtime.

As for changing color, I'm afraid we may be stuck with that.  I RTFM but was not enlightened - what a surprise :P

gypsyangel ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 3:55 PM

Thank you!! That's one issue down...The problem with the textures seems to be a HUGE problem, though. It can't find any of the textures for my clothing on saved files---and if I try to use another texture for the same clothing, it can't find that, either. I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do about that. I've set deep search---so at this point I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to read the readme now...

That color is truly hideous, and the thumbnails are ludicrous---I'm trying to figure out if I can set the thumbnails to large or full---or if I have to search each and every individual thumbnail to find what I'm looking for. They sure didn't make this easy for people with eye problems...

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 4:04 PM
Site Admin

Yeah the library navigation leaves a lot to be desired, even the keyboard arrow buttons don't work, I can navigate 4-5 thumbnails and then it stops responding.   I just hope Yarp will update P3dO Explorer to work with P8 because that's the best solution I've found so far for viewing my Poser libraries and opening content right in Poser without having to navigate to a specific runtime inside Poser.

Try to open a saved file in a text editor and see what paths you have for textures.   Maybe not all Runtimes have been added?    And by saved files do you mean saved in the Poser libraries or .pz3 files?  I just tried a .pz3 and it opened fine. 

virusboy ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 4:45 AM

Also is anybody else having problems downloading the files? I'm supposed to be on a 10mb broadband download and the content download is going to take 7 hours!!!!!

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:17 AM

Most people are experiencing low speeds on their download.  That's what happens when everyone downloads at once ;)

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:18 AM
Site Admin

Yep, content for me will be about a 10-hour download.  Yesterday it took about 4 hours to get the Poser installation download.

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:01 AM

I contacted the Web Staff about the slow down that occurred last night and they are aware. I do not know what caused it other than demand. (Not sure if there was some equipment or some other aspect) Hopefully they can do something to relieve the slowdown. Please give them some time.

I do have a couple of tips when you go to reattempt...

Make sure you are not Scanning on Download
Do not use a Download Accelerator (these can be in ISP Software, Toolbars, etc...)
Clear your Download Cache before attempting the download again
Try renaming the File when prompted to Save (this sometimes bypasses a incomplete download that the system or a download manager may have. These can cause issues for the new attempt.)

Depending on where you live, time is also a consideration when there is a lot of demand...East Coast after 4 AM but before 7 AM is the lowest Web Activity in the US. That should help others.

Contact Support if you get any errors (include the Error Message and details) Some users mentioned getting error messages when the Download failed. This information will be needed by the Web Staff.

Anyone that has any problem with the download or store should also include their Operating System, Browser Version, and any Security Software Brand they are using along with any error message details. This information will help speed up locating and fixing any problems.

ratscloset
aka John

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:12 AM
Site Admin

After downloading the content for 9 hours with only an estimated hour or so left my connection went down - I cannot bring myself to restart it again and download at 45KB/Sec.  Please please ratscloset, tell them to give us resumable downloads :)  Otherwise I'll just download in a  week or so.

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:33 AM

I'm in Pennsylvania.

Last night around midnight the servers were feeding me at about an average of 120/sec.

Much faster than earlier.

FWIW.

Good luck!

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:45 AM
Site Admin

I'm in Greece and downloading for about a total of 26 hours now I haven't seen the speed go more than 50-55KB/Sec.  From what I'm hearing European downloads are slower in general so thank you, I'll be needing all the luck I can get :)

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 11:05 AM

Oh wow.  That's brutal to watch when it's going so slow. 

I don't know what time it will be in Greece when it's midnight here, but otherwise ya' can
just pack up your computer and come to my house!

:)

LOL.  Seriously though, hope ya' get it soon.  Set it and forget it and see what happens.

Alright.  Best of luck again.

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 11:27 AM

My download has crashed a total of 6 times so far. I still don't have the file.
I'm using Getright now, since that will resume, I'm that sick of this.
And my speed is rarely above 35kb here, in the UK.

Silke

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:03 PM

I too had serious problem trying to download the two content packs (tried 12 or 15 times...)
Now i'm trying again using the DownThemAll plugin with Firefox, and it seems to go more smooth (an average of 220Ko/s for both files at the same time).
Though i keep my fingers crossed until the end :/

My Store

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:16 PM

I have Poser 5, do any of you think that it will accept my serial number from that version?

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:17 PM

It will accept any version serial :)

My Store

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:24 PM

Thanks!

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:28 PM

Quote - It will accept any version serial :)

Just an add-on...any version higher than 4 :)

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:32 PM

Just a slight correction... version 4 or higher  :O)

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:40 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 1:40 PM

Ok Ok i get it, only 4 and above LOL

My Store

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 2:48 PM
Site Admin

Quote - I don't know what time it will be in Greece when it's midnight here, but otherwise ya' can
just pack up your computer and come to my house!

:)

LOL. 

No laughing matter :)  Last time I came to the States I zig-zagged around with four stopovers and made it to Miami in just under 32 hours!  So I bet I can get there and back even and this will still be downloading :P 

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 2:59 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 3:00 PM

those who purchased poser 3 were instructed to use the same serial when they bought poser 4.
however, the jump from poser 3 to poser 8 may be somewhat overwhelming. in case anybody asks. 
in addition, would suggest buying poser 8 on DVD, if possible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.