Sat, Oct 5, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:16 PM

Appears to be painted into the PSD files that the interface is built from.  I guess you could mod these files if the color really, really bugs you...

My Freebies

sunfirexed ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:31 PM

thank you guys for the answer about Legacy Content. In this case, I'm not interested.
After 14 failed downloas I get Poser 8 Content.
Here is "Marcus"
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1927699

Einzelganger ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:34 PM

Bagginsbill said about posting a suggestion on the Smith Micro support page, but i cant find where abouts, i expect i am missing something as per, but if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

there are 2 things i want to put forward, so if anyone agrees mabe add your voice to :D

1. Maya/RF etc style mouse navigation in main view window (i may be alone on this one :)

2 . Morphs that have been used (parameters window) highlight in different colour, as lists can be long.

tia

Einzy.

nico4 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:44 PM

Well, here is my take on the new Poser 8. I haven't purchased it YET, but I probably will sometime later on. I usually like to wait on these new upgrades because of bugs and the like, but I must say I am dissapointed with the new Poser version. I am a big animation fan and was hoping there would be something similar to the aniblocks add on like the one used in Daz 3D software. I have used the walk designer and the nerd 3d walk add on and they both suck! The women always walk like they have arthritis or something. I have been working painfully for hours trying to get vicky to walk more naturally and haven't yet been able to master it. I know there are BVH files for download but that can become expensive. I have a family and can't spend hours and hours in Poser to make animation look decent, that's why I love the aniblocks feature in Daz 3d BUT the Daz 3d software I feel has a ways to go to catch up with the look and feel that Poser has been able to achieve. Any suggestions?....Bueller,.....Bueller,.....Bueller?

raven ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:48 PM

Set up the walks you want in DAZ Studio (DAZ3D is the company, not the software) using Aniblocks, and then export them as Poser .pz2 pose files using the free PoserFileExporter. Then you can apply them in Poser.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quote - Appears to be painted into the PSD files that the interface is built from.  I guess you could mod these files if the color really, really bugs you...

The paint-bucket tool doesn't work any more?

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:52 PM

Update ready !

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:54 PM

Quote - Update ready !

Uh? What? Where?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:56 PM
lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:59 PM

IF a Poser Pro user is LIKELY to upgrade to Poser Pro 2010, then getting Poser 8 costs nothing extra. SM has said that the price of Poser 8 will be subtracted from the cost to upgrade to Poser Pro 2010. Those who buy now will be invited to join the beta team of Poser Pro 2010, and will get a chance to use the software BEFORE its official release.

Or, you can pass on all of this as too much trouble and just upgrade when PP 2010 arrivers.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:01 PM

That was pretty quick, thanks for the heads up Anthanasius.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:02 PM

Update takes you to 8.0.0.10199

My Freebies

sunfirexed ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:07 PM
raven ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:21 PM · edited Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:22 PM

It's also available from your P8 order confirmation page (where you downloaded P8 from) at CP.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:26 PM

Unfortunately, this hotfix does not really improve the GI artifacts I was getting with the first version...

My Freebies

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:29 PM

Quote - Update ready !

**@ Anthanasius ** Thanks for the update on the update

I have just booked a flight with British Airways to USA and reserved a taxi to take me to SM HQ so that I can collect the upgrade in person... as it will prolly be quicker than the download.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Whichway ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:31 PM

Only 9.3 Meg - it's a quicky.

Whichway

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:34 PM

Oh well... better safe than sorry... and I have packed clean socks already.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:36 PM

Quote - Only 9.3 Meg - it's a quicky.

That's the Windows update. The Mac update is 60MB - 25 minutes at current download speed. :O(

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Whichway ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:37 PM

pjz99 - I know I haven't been able to really keep up with your GI problems, but I did try the following: Used you stewer example (coins on a table) and turned Indirect Illumination OFF and still got little black dot artifacts on the extreme right of some of the coins. Do you get that as well or am I totally off base (very likely, I think)

Whichway

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:37 PM

Check cleared, P8 and Vista Ultimate OEM on the way for the brand new CG box....!

Wheeeee!
Toys.......!

Now to start saving for the physical rack to put all the 1u, 3u, and 4u  boxes into.....

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:54 PM

Just grabbed the wondows update here.. took less then 2 minutes to download AND install!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:58 PM

Check bounced, thank goodness I got P8 and Windoze 7 Ultimate on the way for the (almost) brand new CG box....!

Wheeeee!
Where do I start..! Scratches head in confusion.

Now to start bricking up the front door and windows before the repo man arrives.....

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:59 PM

Quote - pjz99 - I know I haven't been able to really keep up with your GI problems, but I did try the following: Used you stewer example (coins on a table) and turned Indirect Illumination OFF and still got little black dot artifacts on the extreme right of some of the coins. Do you get that as well or am I totally off base (very likely, I think)

Whichway

Yes, that's the normals computation problem that many cylinders show (apparently not fixed).  I'm talking about the lighting artifacts that appear in many other places besides those.

My Freebies

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 3:07 PM

Quote -

Check bounced, thank goodness I got P8 and Windoze 7 Ultimate on the way for the (almost) brand new CG box....!

Wheeeee!
Where do I start..! Scratches head in confusion.

Now to start bricking up the front door and windows before the repo man arrives.....

Uh oh!  Hide your organs

www.repo-opera.com/

Whichway ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 3:13 PM

pjz99 - Ok. I'm still a dog on the kitchen floor with this stuff - scrambling to gain some purchase.

Whichway

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 3:52 PM

Is anybody else getting small (3 pixel) jagged eges in places around the edges of their renders..?

Einzelganger ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:03 PM

Not so far,a few test renders with default lights,draft and final quality, looked fine (and rendered fast)

Einzy

hemi426 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:21 PM · edited Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:21 PM

Quote -

Is anybody else getting small (3 pixel) jagged eges in places around the edges of their renders..?

yes, before and after patch...

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:22 PM

Yes.  If you render anything beyond empty space, it seems you get artifacts.  It MAY be tied to graphics driver, but I suspect not.  I've reported this to Smith Micro via ticket.

My Freebies

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for the link bagginsbill. With the exception of the UI mods, the Sketch Designer appears to be exactly the same. The examples don't clarify whether or not how the feature handles transparency has been improved. I suppose I'll just have to upgrade and find out.  :-) 

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:42 PM

Quote - Yes.  If you render anything beyond empty space, it seems you get artifacts.  It MAY be tied to graphics driver, but I suspect not.  I've reported this to Smith Micro via ticket.

Yup... thats whats happening,

If I render a figure in the open all is okay.

If I do a render of say... a figure in a room model.. and it is touching the edges of the preview window... then I get the jaggie edges.

I can live with it I guess, but its annoying having to crop the image in postwork every time to get rid of the jaggies.

Personally, I don't think it is my graphic drivers either... as other than the known graphic glitches with the UI everything is working fine display wise.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 4:45 PM
Forum Moderator

Since you guys can produce that jagged edge thing submit it to smith and include a render of the trouble and a test case. Keep Bagginsbill hopping!

Nerd <-- expert at breaking Poser

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 5:09 PM

file_436214.jpg

Example of what I am referring to:

Have pasted the render on to black bacground to emphasise the jaggies...

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 5:13 PM

Oh dear ... I don't have an answer. I just wanted to comment that "you know your eyes are getting old when you don't see jaggies where you're supposed to."

Ouch ... I need new glasses. LOL

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 5:24 PM

Quote - Oh dear ... I don't have an answer. I just wanted to comment that "you know your eyes are getting old when you don't see jaggies where you're supposed to."

They may not appear in that image very well, due to resizing, compression, etc., but if you have Poser 8 and set up a similar sort of scene... the jaggies are much more obvious...

If other people are experiencing the same problem of course.

My eyes are also getting old, but will never get as old as I am. (Think about that one) LOL

Whichway ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 5:38 PM

**ziggie said:
**> Quote -

Quote - Update ready !

**@ Anthanasius ** Thanks for the update on the update

I have just booked a flight with British Airways to USA and reserved a taxi to take me to SM HQ so that I can collect the upgrade in person... as it will prolly be quicker than the download.

Watsonville is nice, but while you're there, stop by San Juan Bautista - it's where Hitchcock's Vertigo was filmed and you can see the San Andreas fault running through the town square.

Whichway

lvmink ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 9:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Trying to get the Poser 8 Library to show up....no luck.  This seems impossible,

does anyone have a step by step solution to this (I gather someone else encountered this)???
I don't know if it's a problem with Flash, permissions, firewall - not sure. They can help or not, but your info will contribute to the solution.

I'm having this same problem! I am very frustrated! I sent an email to tech support about it.

this is what tech support emailed me:

Make sure you have installed the Flash Update that is available from Adobe. If you have and the issue persists, launch Poser and double click the LSMGUI.html file and launch it in your browser.

Also, verify that the LSMGUI/bin-release folder is listed as a trusted Flash application folder.

The contents should be a variant of this:
C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimeuiFlexLSMGUIbin-release

It should match the main runtime installation location.

In that folder is LSMGUI.html and LSMGUI.swf, the two pieces that make up the Library GUI. Launching LSMGUI.html standalone (but Poser must be running) viewing this in your Browser may reveal the problem.
Include your Operating System and Browser in your response along with the install location of Poser 8 and the content Path.

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 9:12 PM

Total brain fart my my part. But if you have a file that worked (mat pose, material file etc) in P7-Poser Pro or before that all of a sudden doesn't work in P8...if the file extension is not all small letters in P8 it will not work. At least on on an intel Mac.

Feel dumber then one of Gordon's toon characters after spending a boat load of time trying anything and everything to get something to load even if the library says it it loading, yet nothing was happening.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

rty ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 9:30 PM

Quote - this is what tech support emailed me:

Make sure you have installed the Flash Update that is available from Adobe.

That's a pretty god idea anyway, even if you don't use P8, for it was a security patch...

Kudos to P8 for forcing users to enhance security of their computers!... :-D

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 9:42 PM

file_436240.jpg

I'm really enjoying myself with P8. Started some new Poses for Alyson to use. But I'm having a bit of problem with the face room.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:21 AM

"Also, verify that the LSMGUI/bin-release folder is listed as a trusted Flash application folder."

Say what?????  How do you do this?????

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

hemi426 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:27 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:32 AM

Quote -

Quote - Oh dear ... I don't have an answer. I just wanted to comment that "you know your eyes are getting old when you don't see jaggies where you're supposed to."

They may not appear in that image very well, due to resizing, compression, etc., but if you have Poser 8 and set up a similar sort of scene... the jaggies are much more obvious...

If other people are experiencing the same problem of course.

My eyes are also getting old, but will never get as old as I am. (Think about that one) LOL

@ziggie: I only get these artifacts if I have at least one light with raytraced shadows in the scene. Can you confirm this?

EDIT: Forget my post, they also appear with depth map shadows.

@grichter:
I noticed that on page 3 of this thread, so this is my mistake. Go and find one of your own! LOL

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:31 AM
Forum Moderator

@ Latexluv: If your firewall asks about permissions for those files just allow their actions and mark whatever box your firewall has to remember that choice.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:36 AM

As far as I know, I'm not behind a firewall. I did hunt down Flash inside of Windows/system32 folder and there is a file in there called Posertrust.cfg.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:39 AM
Forum Moderator

don't touch that unless you really know that you're doing. You most likely have an OS firewall, like windows defender or some such thing. When Poser tries to access the flash component it should as you if this action is OK.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:44 AM

I am running Windows XP. I do not have Windows Defender, whatever that could be. But I do have Spybot - Search & Destroy that watches registry entries. Could this be messing with things?

Weapons of choice:

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:53 AM
Forum Moderator

XP has a built in fire wall. I never used XP so I'm not the best to answer this. Basically look in control panel for firewall or some such thing. There will be a place to add "exceptions" make sure all the LSMGUI stuff is trusted and well and Poser.exe this should have happened the first time you ran poser. It would have asked it Poser was allowed to access LSMGUI. If you clicked "no" you basically have to manually undo that wrong answer now.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:07 AM

A friend is helping me navigate. We went into Control Panel, into Security. I am NOT using Windows Firewall, but I clicked the Exceptions tab anyway and added Poser 8 and the Flash10 exe as well. I could not add LSMGUI directly because it's not a program.

Weapons of choice:

hemi426 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:21 AM

One more thing: Does shift+click "remove detached nodes" in the material room work for you?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.