Fri, Sep 20, 3:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Not Feeling the Love in the DAZ Forum lately

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:38 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:40 AM

And it's kind of ticking me off. I understand it to a certain degree and hey, I've even contributed to it  more than just a little. Will Dupre would be the first to point that out to me, so yes, I acknowledge it.
But lately...

They're reeeeeeally starting to push my buttons.

Posted my freebie poses for Alyson to the DAZ Freepository  and got 25 comments. All negative comments about Alyson's face. Not even one "Hey thanks for the freebie poses."

I almost feel unwelcome if I post anything specifically about Poser in the Commons. Think I'm going to hang out here for a while.

hoplaa ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:57 PM

If they're negative comments about Alyson's face, how does that translate into negativity towards you? Unless you had some part in the development of that figure, I don't see what the problem is. Likewise, if people say bad things about Poser, what reason do you have to take it personally?

But that's just my EUR .014 :-)

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 8:01 PM

i think what he is sayin his thread was about free poses he made not about how bad the figure was and not one person said thanks for the poses just started a irrelevant topic about the figures face. its quite rude not to thank someone for a freebie but sadly it happens all the time no matter where you go.

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 8:03 PM

please excuse bad typing and grammar. am Texting on my cell lol

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 8:05 PM

The new figures are hideous, but that isn't the fault of people who make morphs for them.  You're great for providing free content to people.  Thanks!

rty ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 8:59 PM

Well, DAZ is the home of an app which is a direct competitor to Poser; You need to keep that in mind.
While DAZ themselves are rather cool about it, their cultists aren't; So it's pointless to start any constructive thread about Poser (or Poser content) over there, it will get scuttled sooner or later. It's human nature.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 9:10 PM

Quote - i think what he is sayin his thread was about free poses he made not about how bad the figure was and not one person said thanks for the poses just started a irrelevant topic about the figures face. its quite rude not to thank someone for a freebie but sadly it happens all the time no matter where you go.

Exactly. I'm actually rather used to not getting thanked in the Freepository. I guess most people feel that they're only poses, no need to thank  anyone. I don't download a lot of stuff from there, but I usually thank people when I do.

But this time... Why hijack my thread? There's plenty of hate for Alyson AND Poser already in the Commons.

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 9:15 PM

I think the poses are great!

Sometimes I think that's why CP closed its forums.  There were so many posts that were just outright hostile.  People had concerns and frustrations but simply couldn't behave themselves.  There were some very informative and helpful threads but I think they were few.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 9:40 PM

tis why they actually did me a favour banning me :)
since then life has been so more peaceful ..........

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:16 PM

I find eating worms sometimes helps.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:41 PM

Welcome EClark.
Peps is funny where-ever you go.

Nice one Estherau. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 12:53 AM

I was there browsing the commons forum last nigth, in one thread people were actually spilling their guts out about how bad Poser 8 is.

That behavoiur can be excused (lack of knowledge, stupidity etc) but in this case it all was based on a render someone posted showing very bad deformation on the Poser females neck, a deformation caused by using one of the canned poses from the library.

The mob (in lack of a better word) ruled out Poser 8 based on one bad picture, rendered by someone who had actually found a bad pose that messed up the character.

I felt uncomfortable and left the building.

Regards / Jonny

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:04 AM

Daz moderators should keep in mind that upset customers don't spend money with the people who upset them & Poser customers are by far the largest proportion of customers they have, upset us at your own risk.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Michael314 ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:12 AM

Hello,
yes, the energizing competition between DAZ programs (DS + Carrara) versus Poser unfortunately has moved to a lot of flame war. It's almost like the MS Windows vs. Linux discussions a few years ago. 
For constructive topics, my learning was to best discuss Poser topics here at Rendo (since CP has closed) and Carrara topics at DAZ (I don't use DS).

It is unfortunate, because with some more cooperation, most of the content could be used in both programs much more easily.

Btw., the DAZ forums are not mentioned in the Poser 8 manual (Page 8, Third Party forums), despite most rendered content I believe is bought there.

Best regards,
   Michael

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:42 AM

It can be hurtful, these hatreds and jaundiced views, try stepping back a little and view it all in context of life in general and it all becomes quite funny really. Sometimes absolutely hilarious. Perhaps it is strange humor, but really people getting so angry at you for posting something about a computer app, take it with a grain of salt and laugh, it feels better.  :biggrin:

Life is hard, but what a ride.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:49 AM

Quote - Perhaps it is strange humor, but really people getting so angry at you for posting something about a computer app, take it with a grain of salt and laugh, it feels better.  :biggrin:

No one got angry at EClark1894 for posting anything. Where did you get that idea?

Coldrake

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:51 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:53 AM

Quote - > Quote - Perhaps it is strange humor, but really people getting so angry at you for posting something about a computer app, take it with a grain of salt and laugh, it feels better.  :biggrin:

No one got angry at EClark1894 for posting anything. Where did you get that idea?

Coldrake

Well that's my interpretation wrong or right. But I wouldnt presume to speak for everyone.:biggrin:

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:59 AM

It seems to me that certain people over there have forgotten the reason why Daz3d came into existence in the first place.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:00 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Perhaps it is strange humor, but really people getting so angry at you for posting something about a computer app, take it with a grain of salt and laugh, it feels better.  :biggrin:

Coldrake

Well that's my interpretation wrong or right. But I wouldnt presume to speak for everyone.:biggrin:

Ah, just fanning the flames a little. Gotcha.

Coldrake

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:06 AM

Quote - It seems to me that certain people over there have forgotten the reason why Daz3d came into existence in the first place.

What does that have to do with anything?

Coldrake

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:07 AM

Its almost like watching popeye and brutus, Sunday morning comics.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:10 AM

Actually I'm not saying anything else, i'd rather not get into arguments, I apologise for fanning any flames & i'm out of this thread.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

thedutchview ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:11 AM

EClark1894

Dont feel bad, i love free stuff i just dont type often in forums :) but thanks for the poses. 

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:12 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Perhaps it is strange humor, but really people getting so angry at you for posting something about a computer app, take it with a grain of salt and laugh, it feels better.  :biggrin:

Coldrake

Ah, just fanning the flames a little. Gotcha.

Coldrake

Yes fun eh? Fanning the flames can be really fun but dont let the mods catch you.:lol:

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:14 AM

Quote - Actually I'm not saying anything else, i'd rather not get into arguments, I apologise for fanning any flames & i'm out of this thread.

Me too Lurk mode  :)

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 8:05 AM

yeah...I think we'd all rather a site war didn't start.  I can understand the frustration, and it's fine to vent, but, rather than bashing DAZ, can we just try to make folks feel welcome here?

EClark, have you posted your stuff in the Freebie forum here?  I wouldn't mind taking a peek :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 9:36 AM

Hi
One should be Aware that the great majority of users at the DAZ
forums have never used poser or been part of the "Old school
poser community.
their base program is FREE and alot of them get their content for $2
from the "Platinum Club" or with " gallery vouchers".
and many clearly suffer from Compulsive digital Hoarding.
Frankly the social order over there can be a little Cliqueish
and there reverence For DAZ inc., V-Chick and M4  is one of the most
unquestioned forms of "faith" I have ever witnessed.
so dont expect much gratitude for a freebie offering from an
"infidel" that requires a female
figure that is only availabe when you buy poser8 .

Cheers  

My website

YouTube Channel

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 9:46 AM

Wow, I could have sworn that my last post was at LEAST a hint to not bash on people. 

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 10:56 AM

Quote - Wow, I could have sworn that my last post was at LEAST a hint to not bash on people. 

You know, I think you're right. LOL

Laurie

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 12:52 PM

Quote - Wow, I could have sworn that my last post was at LEAST a hint to not bash on people. 

Some folks don't take hints too well that way sensible talk must be backed up with superior fire power! LOL!!!!!!!

My Facebook Page

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 12:55 PM

That's the thing.  I don't like to HAVE to use the firepower.  I just expect everyone to act like adults.

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 1:13 PM

You need to use a bigger Cluestick - I recommend the old faithful Clue x 4 personally - 6 inch nails optional :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 1:27 PM

Quote - I just expect everyone to act like adults.

There's a flaw in your plan somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it though.

ducks to avoid any incoming pelted jelly
:biggrin:

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 1:30 PM

throws

ooooh sorry.. thats gonna smart... I thought you said plated jelly.....

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 1:31 PM

Alright folks, be nice :lol:

metabog ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:06 PM

Quote - Hi
One should be Aware that the great majority of users at the DAZ
forums have never used poser or been part of the "Old school
poser community.
their base program is FREE and alot of them get their content for $2
from the "Platinum Club" or with " gallery vouchers".
and many clearly suffer from Compulsive digital Hoarding.
Frankly the social order over there can be a little Cliqueish
and there reverence For DAZ inc., V-Chick and M4  is one of the most
unquestioned forms of "faith" I have ever witnessed.
so dont expect much gratitude for a freebie offering from an
"infidel" that requires a female
figure that is only availabe when you buy poser8 .

Ha! Agreed!
If I were impolite I might have to say:

Let them take their renders and Daz studio blab and post them on the CG Society forums and see how welcome they would feel.

But of course I'd never be so impolite as say such a thing!

Peace and love.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:08 PM

sigh

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:40 PM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:42 PM

There are more cliques at DAZ than here.  That is the number one reason I hang around HERE more than there  The present economic climate of competiveness just fans embers and sparks into open flame, IMO.  Loads of good people there as here.  You just have to be more careful not to say anything to overly upset the locals there.

I don't have Poser 8, but I thought the bashing over there was overblown by my standards.  Freebies do NOT have to be free, so they should always be appreciated.

@EClark--Don't have it, and don't need it, but thank you for making it.  I do meant that.

I think a LOT of people just need to chill out and find some stuff to feel happy about, IMO.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:35 AM

Thanks Joel. I'm trying to take a couple of days off from posting on the DAZ forums. It's hard, but I've basically just gone into lurk mode.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:40 AM

Attached Link: http://clark.freehostia.com

> Quote - yeah...I think we'd all rather a site war didn't start.  I can understand the frustration, and it's fine to vent, but, rather than bashing DAZ, can we just try to make folks feel welcome here? > > EClark, have you posted your stuff in the Freebie forum here?  I wouldn't mind taking a peek :)

No, I"ve only ever posted links in the DAZ forum or CP. I also have a download page at my website where people can find the links to all my pose sets.

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:24 AM

Thanks, EClark!  Off to peek now :)  I'm sure that this is something folks would appreciate, if you should change your mind about posting a link in the freestuff forum, too ;)

ajsavill ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:50 AM

Quote - I was there browsing the commons forum last nigth, in one thread people were actually spilling their guts out about how bad Poser 8 is.

That behavoiur can be excused (lack of knowledge, stupidity etc) but in this case it all was based on a render someone posted showing very bad deformation on the Poser females neck, a deformation caused by using one of the canned poses from the library.

The mob (in lack of a better word) ruled out Poser 8 based on one bad picture, rendered by someone who had actually found a bad pose that messed up the character.

I felt uncomfortable and left the building.

Regards / Jonny

Hands up - I'm guilty! I was the someone who posted the picture that got people laughing that made people mad that lived in the forum that DAZ built. This was not posted in the Freepository thread that EClark started - and EClark, I'm sorry your work wasn't appreciated - free content is a generous gesture that should never be dissed in any way.

To be fair to myself, I didn't deliberately pick that particular pose to make Alyson look bad. I picked it at random and was shocked by how badly the figure deformed. I actually think that Alyson is a better figure than Ryan, who I can't help feeling looks just weird.

Ahem, anyway... I've was using Poser for quite a while before I even aware of DAZ and I have no interest in D|S.  I have to say though, that apart from a few bad apples, the folks on the DAZ forums have been very helpful, generous, and kind to me. I've learnt a lot there and I've found that by and large people are far friendlier over there than at a number of other communities.

I don't think i've come across a single forum that doesn't have the occasional software war. I certainly didn't mean to contribute to one. I'm a Poser-person and will remain so. I don't understand why people have to play those silly "my software's better than yours" games. So childish.

Use the software you like, contribute to whichever forums you wish, live and let live.

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:51 AM

I have not had a chance to download your poses, was gone from the house most of the day Saturday, and most of yesterday wife had the whip out making me clean :ohmy: Since we had no kid yesterday she decided to make me work for once so no poser. Plus we had some bad storms come thru last night so I was not on the PC but watching preseason football.

I will take a look but you always make great stuff.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

jonnybode ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:57 AM · edited Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:58 AM

Hi Ajsavill!

I actually liked your picture, it was funny.

But it was the reaction from a lot of people that disturbed me, guess its been a while since i got in touch with such behaviour in a forum :-)

Regards / Jonny

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 9:57 AM

I appreciate that you guys like my poses, really. And yes, it's also nice to be thanked for providing them. I'm actually used to not being thanked for posting my poses in the Freepository. Not a problem really. What set me off this time was that my thread was hi-jacked. so that they could diss the Alyson figure the poses were made for.

There were 25 postings made about how ugly Alyson is. Not one posting was to thank me for the poses, to tell me they sucked, or were even unneccessary. Not one  posting even peripherally mentioned the poses at all. I still don't know whether they came in to download the poses or diss Alyson.

That wasn't just rude, it was insulting.

My poses will still be available on my website, no matter what. I'm just reconsidering making them available through the Freepository Forum anymore..

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:26 AM

Hijacking can be damned rude when it's completely thoughtless.  If it's good natured yammering, it's annoying but sometimes funny.  What went on THERE was a mess! Yeesh.  People can make art with anything if the talent is there.  Folks have to be more respectful of other folks media or programs.  I AM NOT a big fan of DS, but have seen inspiring work come from it, and crap from Poser.  AND Vice versas! :laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 11:57 AM

Ahh, clique behavior.

FWIW, a few things have sprung to mind here:

* while I give massive props to anyone who does the freebie route (hey, it is work), you may want to keep in mind that maybe there are some constructive bits to be found in the criticism (dunno, haven't seen the thread, don't know where it is, too lazy to go look, etc).

*(a) Yes, even for free, one should expect to put up with critiques. I actually love getting them, since it points out stuff that I miss - otherwise I think everything is fine while I continue re-making the same mistakes over and over again... that's no way to grow.

* I sincerely doubt that DAZ is ringleading some evil conspiracy to bad-mouth the P8 figures (from what I've seen, and only IMHO, those particular figures do a good enough job of that w/o any help).

• Hey - it's good to see someone at least trying to put proverbial lipstick on the proverbial pig, yanno? Let me pick on a not-so-controversial example here... Terai Yuki is among the coolest (and bendiest) mesh figures I have ever had the enjoyment of putting to use. OTOH, her face is a raging beast to modify - the few who have tried and didn't botch the job deserves major props in my opinion. Let's pick on another example: Dina... Holy crap was that chick fugly. OTOH, someone (Dacourt?) managed to make a damned fine job of making her (esp. the face) less painful to look at with the DinaV (?) package.

* Finally, an odd thought. Let me use a non-Poser example: If I were to build a neat script to help automate the conversion of your retail-bought OSX Leopard DVD into something you can build a Hackintosh off of, the last place I would want to say anything about it is in the Macintosh/Apple forums here. While yes it's 100% legal to do such a thing, it would tend to rub the denizens there the wrong way (I already found that out just by announcing that I managed to build one the hard way) - therefore, I take the lesson and act accordingly. I'm thinking the same dynamic is at work in the DAZ fora. If it involves a DAZ competitor, odds are good that the denizens there won't/don't have Poser, and therefore won't/don't have a clue as to what to do with it, and thus are more likely to give negative or indifferent feedback, which means...

* You'd have better luck posting the freebies here. Also, know that if you'd built something for a freebie stand-alone figure, or something that didn't require the purchase of Poser (or any moderately costly program), you would've likely gained a better reception there.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 1:19 PM

You obviously misunderstand or have confused what I have stated. I'm not opposed to criticism of any poses I supply. There WERE none. All the criticism was of the ALYSON figure's LOOKS, not her posing abilities. 

And yes, I have posted poses for the G2 figures in the Freepository before. I was thanked and those that use the figures or just wanted the poses downloaded them. No one criticised the G2 figures simply because they belonged to Poser.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 1:42 PM

Quote - All the criticism was of the ALYSON figure's LOOKS, not her posing abilities.

Fair enough (like I said before, I didn't look at the thread. Got a link to it?)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:52 PM

Quote - It seems to me that certain people over there have forgotten the reason why Daz3d came into existence in the first place.

Amen!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:54 PM

Oh and.. are the poses anywhere else? I refuse to set foot in the Daz forums after a certain incident some time back...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.