Sun, Oct 6, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: POSER 8 - Saved files not loading

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 11:25 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:16 AM

It seems no file I save from poser 8 (pz3), can I reload, is anyone else having this issue?

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 11:41 PM

I just tried this and it worked for me, although the window looked weird for a few seconds, then all was fine.

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 11:44 PM

working for me too.

How are you loading the PZ3. I right click and open the file.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:02 AM

It seems the file was loading but not showing up. The screen never refreshing. I was loading the file from the file / recent files drop down menu. I found that changing to another room then returning to the pose room clears up the issue.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:20 AM

maybe an update on graphic card driver will help?

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:23 AM

I'll look into that, but I think I have the latest. Cards getting old now, updates don't come very often now.

JHoagland ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:45 PM

Nope, it's not just you. ;)

I have a similar problem: whenever I load an existing scene file, the contents are displayed in the lower-right hand section of the document window. Going into the Material Room then back into the Pose Room doesn't help. Needless to say, this makes every existing scene file unusable in P8.

I started a ticket about this issue on the SM bugtracker site a few days ago, but I don't know if it's fixed in the new hotfix or not.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:00 PM

Well I have the hot fix installed, still happens. I tried rendering the blank scene just to see what would happen and it came out white. Switching rooms and returning and it rendered.

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:31 PM

I have this problem as well and have filed a bug report with Smith Micro anybody who hasn't  please do so because the more who do the faster it will get fixed.
They have already asked me for video driver info and installation and runtime path info after posting last night

johnjdesigns ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 7:33 PM

I also have this problem, after loading a file the preview window is white with no tabs. If i go into the material room it loads and then back to pose room and all is OK.

JohnJDesigns - Digital Fabrics for 3D
Commercial Portfolio
Poser Art Portfolio
Renderosity Store

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:56 PM

Quote - I also have this problem, after loading a file the preview window is white with no tabs. If i go into the material room it loads and then back to pose room and all is OK.

Bug report please if you haven't already  http://support.smithmicro.com

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for mentioning to report these issues. With all the testers, we do not always have all the systems or even SOP that other users may use. Sadly, we all get into habits, which sometimes causes specific issues to not appear during testing. There are so many third party products that sometimes a combination of one or more cause issues. There are so many settings within all programs that a combination of specific settings and other programs cause issues.

ratscloset
aka John

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 12:03 AM

I wonder if running a python script would fix the issue?

import poser
poser.Scene().DrawAll()

type those two lines into a text file , rename as .py extension and run it from the file menu option.
This gets Poser to redraw the preview window.

Be curious to see what happens  .

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 10:39 PM · edited Wed, 19 August 2009 at 10:40 PM

Well after going back and forth with tech support this is where this issue stands

quote "I have reported this issue. I can not duplicate, but it may be something one of the Engineers may be able to figure out a cause"end quote

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 11:43 PM

I thought I would mention my issue just went away on it's own, I have no idea why but just seems to work now.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 11:53 PM

Maybe mine will to so far it hasn't
I did find out that if I empty my default scene and then import the saved scene it loads with no problem

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 12:01 AM

That could have something to do with why I'm not having the issue. I'm on the third day of a render have to check that out tomorrow, if it's done by then.

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 12:18 AM

Good luck

ugpsobta ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 6:35 PM

i was having a problem with crashes and decided to check my video card drivers (like a number of folks suggested), and found
a new driver for my nvidia 7800...i updated, restarted and now everything seems pretty good.  no crashes and i am able to load
pz3's that go back to poser 5.  i really like this poser 8 and am looking forward to the beta of poser pro 2010.

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:30 AM

I have a problem with character morphs disappearing when I save a character or a scene.  I have to re-inject M4's morphs, and reapply character morphs.

But it's happening with the same scenes in P8 and P7.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.