Sun, Sep 22, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: What's that about Alyson?

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 9:53 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:28 PM

file_437511.jpg

Yes, this is Alyson, with a custom face morph from ZBrush in combo with some of her dials, and the addition of the Nadia texture.

I've never had this sort of results from any previous Poser-supplied figure ... just wanted to show folks that she DOES have really good possibilities. I'm pretty happy with this!

(larger version in my gallery)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:28 AM

Nicely done Deece 😄  ... she bears a resemblance to Lauren Bacall.

cheers,
dr geep
;=-]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:31 AM

Very nice work! Glad you like the Nadia texture. ;-)

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:34 AM

Thanks Geep and andolaurina (the texture is very nice).

I kind of thought she had a little bit of a Grace Kelly thing going on too! 8-) 

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 3:18 PM

I showed my husband your render.  He was really impressed, too.  You really nailed the 1940s/50s starlet. Great work. :-)

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:07 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:09 PM

Awesome!

I'm working on a character/texture pack for her right now, too. She's absolutely the best morphable character for Poser so far. I've always had problems getting Victoria (in any iteration) to look like anything BUT Victoria (with a few notable exceptions...) but Alyson is very easy to make look like a whole new figure!

Here's what my version looks like  (I don't want to spam your thread with pictures of mine, but if anyone's interested... ;) )

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:12 PM

Spam away!!!  I would love to see more variations of her in this thread!

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:14 PM

It's a great pic overall, but the chin - bring the chin and the jawline up.  Like half an inch, maybe more.

My Freebies

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:21 PM

Thanks PJZ I will give that a try.

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:26 PM

Wow, that's really interesting that you guys think she's easy to morph.  I think she's by far the hardest.  There are some really wonky things about her mesh that can go haywire (especially in that cheek dimple area).  I personally felt like Sydney was much easier to manipulate.  V4 is a piece of cake.  Miki2 is a good mesh, too (similar to the G2 females...except G2 Jessi who also has some mesh weirdness).

I like your character, TrekkieGirl.  She's great & fun!!  It's so nice to see some variety in the Poser girls.

pjz99, yep, Alyson's chin is by default way too low/long.  But, you have to be careful when morphing her because, unlike some other meshes, her jaw isn't easily aligned with head morphing.  You can easily get her teeth and jaw out of alignment with the face/skin if you're not careful. (and the interior mouth/tongue can break, too).

My RMP Store Freebies

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:28 PM

Oh, and it seems like Alyson is much farther off from normal female head proportions than the other figures.  Not a criticism really...just an observation.

My RMP Store Freebies

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 5:31 PM

It can be done but it's a bit tricky ... will take a bit of time.

Yes, the cheek/dimple area is rough .. hard to smooth out. But as far as flexibility goes she's defintely more malleable. It was really hard to "Un-Sydney" Sydney, for example .. the more stylized a character is, the harder it is to morph away from it. 

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 6:33 PM

Yeah there was never anything wrong with Sydney's looks (at least to me) but the geometry around the eye was VERY distinctive, quite difficult to get away from that certain "look".

My Freebies

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 8:07 PM

I agree, pjz99. I like Sydney a lot as is.

All of the G2 Poser characters seem to have too thick of a lower eyelid and not enough upper eyelid fold.  Alyson is a little better about that.  Sydney also has an Asian face structure.  It always seem to me that it's harder to morph from Asian to Caucasian than from Caucasian to Asian.

My RMP Store Freebies

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 8:36 PM

Ditto on Sydney. I never understood people who said she was either ugly or unrealistic (we're talking the head here). But I don't know how to un-Sydney-fy her eyes. I think I've seen one or two Sydney characters that couldn't be spotted as such from a mile away.

Back on track: Deecey, I think your character is fabulous. Lovely render.

One minor quibble tho: I'd still want to do something about that neck/collarbone area, which is the worst part of Alyson, IMO.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 8:39 PM

Yup ... have another render coming shortly with another character. It's not a final render, it's a WIP test render. But she's cute 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 8:43 PM

file_437573.jpg

A WIP ... 

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 8:51 PM

Very good! I like her even better than the first.

My RMP Store Freebies

3dactor ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 12:37 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 12:39 AM

I love it! The first one.
I actually like the taller face and think it works perfect for the era you were going for.

The 2nd I like the eye shape.

cmcc ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 1:20 AM

file_437587.jpg

here's an alyson that i did. what impressed me was that this was a custom morph with everything done within poser. usually to get the morph i want i need to leave poser and use other apps.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 1:27 AM

She's very cute! She looks European, sort of like she can be walking down the Champs Elysees

andolaurina ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 1:33 AM

I agree, Deecey.  She looks very French.  Nice job, cmcc.

My RMP Store Freebies

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:17 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:18 AM

file_437591.jpg

Here's my Alyson....named Brooke

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:18 AM

Very pretty results Deecey :)

My Renderosity Store

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:20 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:21 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_437593.jpg

sorry for the small pic, image was too big....

body shots of Brooke.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:25 AM

face

I dont know if these are too big now?

What do you guys think?

3dactor ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:44 AM

cmcc: I like the round face and what you have done with the lips. nice job!

phionix: Brooke has that action hero body, similar to lara croft. I also like what you have done with her nose and lips.

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:22 AM

@phionix - She looks great!

My Renderosity Store

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:14 AM

These all look great, but may I cavel on something?

In order to do this, you had to take it into Zbrush, in effect rearranging the mesh to make it happen. Nothing wrong with that, but unless one actually has Zbrush, it's not exactly playing fair (Hang on, that doesnt mean what you automatically think it does). Look at it this way. If I had Zbrush, I could take Bong in the program, rearrange the polygons, and make him look (sorta) like Michael 4. But I certainly woldnt be able to do that within the program itself.

I'm not complaining about the quality of your work, which is excellent and a real enhancement to a mesh that needs all the help it can get. But the original idea with these figures was to provide morphs with the program that would allow the user to create whatever "look" s/he wanted. And in that regard, from what I've seen thus far, P8 fails.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:28 AM

I absolutely do not agree, Sean. It's a question of which program you feel at home in. The Poser 8 figures have OODLES of morphs, both expressionwise and shaping morphs. They have far better shaping morphs than any other native Poser character. And do not forget the Face Room. While it sucks at getting your Poser character to look like a picture of someone particular, it is GREAT for changes outside of the provided morphs - and the new/enhanced morph putty tool shouldn't be forgotten either.

Just because people take the characters into ZBrush (or, in my case, Blacksmith3D) doesn't mean you can't do anything with them from Inside Poser. You can. And cmcc showed an example of that!

As for Alyson's "long shin" - she has a generally long face. Nothing wrong with that. She doesn't look out of proportions to me. Some people have long faces, some have short/round faces. Both are normal :)

We've been "polluted" with the Vickie way of looking at Poser peole, I think :)

Here's a body shot of my Alice, straight out of Poser. I did some work on her overall shape (breasts , navel and I tried to do something about the collar bones) while I was at it...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:39 AM

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, TG. Every morph Ive seen made inside the program doesnt alleviate the hardness of the face. She's scowling no matter what one does, which is a variation on the same problem I had working with Sydney -- I tried using her for a series of exercise videos for a client, and I just couldnt get the "Hey baby..." look off her face. But now, it's the "what are YOU looking at?" expression that seems cast in granite.

Just my 0.02. Worth every penny.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:49 AM

OK Now there's a challenge if I ever saw one L

Hmm.. I WAS busy finishing up Alice.. but this.. I must try...

GAHDAMNYOUSEAN!  :lol:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:40 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:41 AM

OK.. here's an Alyson who has been morphed ONLY with the includedmorphs. No face room. I did use my own texture though and it made a huge differece even right out of the box. It seems like a lot of her percieved scowl is caused by how the brows are placed on the defauly texture O.o

I'm not quite satisfied with her mouth, but again this was just a quick job done to see if it was possible to make her look less nonplussed :) I'd say it is.

Oh and another thing: The focal length of the camera has a HUGE impact, too. Just if someone had forgotten :)

andolaurina ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:52 AM

Well, I've done all my work in Poser 8, not Zbrush.  What'cha think?

This is my 5-face pack over at cp.

My RMP Store Freebies

andolaurina ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:57 AM

And, here's Nadia.  Also created in Poser 8 with the morph brush tool.  She's also over at cp.

My RMP Store Freebies

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:15 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:16 AM

file_437613.jpg

This is Alyson with her Alisha Morph (larger version of the image is in my gallery). Maybe I turned a few dias a bit - but not much.

I don't think she's ugly.

My Renderosity Store

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:34 AM

I dunno, guys. I mean, not to put too fine a point on it, but look at these. Most of them just seem to say "Yeah, I'm Alyson. WHAT'S IT TO YA." The eyebrows, the mouth... again, in most instances (granted not all, but still...) this is a broad with anger issues... :)

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:42 AM

Suggestion - let's see some renders of these morphs without textures applied.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:56 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:39 PM

file_437617.png

Just had to put a render in. just the provided morphs, and one to lower the breasts made in a free 3d app, named anim8or.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:59 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote -  this is a broad with anger issues... :)

I think this has been a trend with the Poser figures since 5 or 6, both male and female ... and a large reason for that is the shaping of the brow area. There aren't enough built-in shapes to soften the shape of them. Unless I'm missing something ... I see morphs to adjust the inner height and the outer height, but nothing to soften the overall curve.

andolaurina ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:08 AM

Quote - I dunno, guys. I mean, not to put too fine a point on it, but look at these. Most of them just seem to say "Yeah, I'm Alyson. WHAT'S IT TO YA." The eyebrows, the mouth... again, in most instances (granted not all, but still...) this is a broad with anger issues... :)

Geez, you're a tough critic. :-)

She's not smiling because she's in the default pose.  Look at any woman who is completely relaxed and not smiling and she looks the same: a little bit of a sad, scowl look.  V4 has abnormally wide-open eyes and flat/upturned mouth.  Same with V3. Miki2 even has her mouth open in the default pose (which you can close with the embedded morphs).

One thing a bit odd about Alyson's default mouth is that it's really, really wide.

But, hey, not everyone is going to like every figure.  I don't like G2 Jessi at all...no matter how much she's morphed.  I guess it's just personal preference.  I'm sure a lot of people detest V4, Miki 2 or Terai Yuki, too (although everyone should like TY, she's adorable! :-) )

My RMP Store Freebies

andolaurina ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:09 AM

Oh...as far as them all looking like Alyson...

All of my morphs are major changes to the face mesh...all over the head.  I don't think anyone could identify my morphs as being Alyson if I had not identified them as such.  And, I'm not the only one.  I see other ones on here that are unidentifiable as Alyson.

My RMP Store Freebies

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 1:51 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:39 PM

file_437634.png

Sorry, forgot the Nudity tag on the previous one, so I gave the little one a cloth.

Still do not know if I like that IDL thing.

Constant problems in and around the arm pit.
One light at 50% from your right, (to get a shadow n that area)  one at 100% from the right.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:40 PM

Please remember to tag your post with nudity if your image contains nudity or sheer clothing.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:06 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I have to say I'm really impressed with Alyson. I don't have P8 yet, but this new figure looks good from the renders I've seen.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

3Dream ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:14 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:14 PM

Hello

I am sorry for my bad English - Sometimes people don't understand what I am trying to say in English .

I really like Alyson figure. She is very versatil and very well made. I made 3 free original face morphs that are available in the Renderosity Free Stuff secction.

I hope that several artists (merchants or not) create a lot of stuff for her. She deserves a lot of related products (free or commercial).

Here is a little image of my last free face morph for Alyson:

Thank you very much for your attention

I wish you a excellent day!
Jose Silva

STOREhttps://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIEShttps://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:29 PM

Very cute!

How is everyone distributing these ... should it be in PMD or INJ/REM?  (I'm a clothing person, have never packaged face morphs before). I have another render of the Asian face coming with Kozaburo's hair ... and I would like to pass her on.

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:46 PM

Thank you very much Jose :)

My Renderosity Store

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:57 PM

file_437642.jpg

OK I've named this one Taya.  It's a better render of the earlier Asian morph I posted. She is using the default Isumi texture, but with the addition of Dimension 3D's perfect skin python script (in marketplace).

Now ... this has some original morph data in it, so I can't just distribute it as a Face file. I'm not sure whether the best route would be a PMD with JUST this character in it, or something else. I could distribute the morph data too.

What's the normal approach these days? LOL

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 4:17 PM

file_437644.jpg

Just for grins, here's the untextured version for Carodan

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 4:47 PM

All I can say is wow. You guys and gals rock.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.