Thu, Sep 19, 9:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Renderosity FreeStuff - Allow External Hosting Petition

dyraven ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:16 PM

**JeniferC... I don't think your 'solution' is going to fly with us contributors (most everyone from the Recent Top 50) that host their own freebies. Your reasonings for on-site hosting is weak at best. Most freebie contributors maintain their sites in a professional manner and do not require site memberships.

And wouldn't this move be more expensive to Renderosity!?

Please post your reply to this forum. The petition page is for petition signing only.

-Al (dyraven)
Meshworks- Home of the KPL Originals

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:42 PM

I support this petition.

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:49 PM

I support this petition.

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

Sophies ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:53 PM

i support this petition

jhilborn23 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:57 PM

I support this petition.

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=57393

What Jenifer's post is stating, guys, is that you CAN link to your items!

This product (sorry to use you as an example, Biscuits, but you're THE only one that's done this) has a download link in the html....right there, in front of everything.  It's an off-site link.

All you have to do is put whatevertextyou'regoingtousehere

It's that simple. 

At the moment, the upload page does require a file to be uploaded.  I do not know if this is something that can be changed.  HOWEVER, giving you the option of editing your html to be able to put your off-site link is definitely a bonus!

@dyraven - I can guarantee that one of our biggest complaints is "provider x's freestuff link is invalid!!!!"  While YOU, personally, may be responsible and keep your site up-to-date and working, not everyone does.  This also allows those who don't have the money to have their own website and may not want to use sites such as sharecg (Yes, there are still people who think it's a spam site.  And telling them otherwise does NOT change their mind, unfortunately) to share freely with the community, while the file stays where it is, indefinitely. 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

ytetsu ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:02 PM

I support this petition.

ladyplf ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:11 PM

I support this petition

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:20 PM

I support this petition.

Especially that part that people who host their freebies off-site (and bear all costs of this desicion and problems of it) should not be a part of current add-filled freebie system because there is no costs for Renderosity for hosting those freebies.

xandory ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:54 PM

I support this.

dyraven ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:09 PM

Thank you for clarifying.

anahressa ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:36 PM

I support this petition.

angreif ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:39 PM

I support this petition

Azhrarn ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:46 PM

As a frequent freebie contributor, I support this petition.

JCD ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:26 PM

I support this petition

dyraven ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:28 PM

Please post comments to this thread. Thank you.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2779878&page=4#message_3507204

Lzy724 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:36 PM

I support this petition

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:39 PM

Supported.

My Facebook Page

Techromancer ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:39 PM

I support this petition

DragonessD ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:46 PM

I support this petition.

raven_leigh ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:48 PM

I support this petition.

Bear ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:21 PM

I support this petition .

I'd also like to meet some of these ficticious members who are requesting these weird and mindless changes .

cheers

logan ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:29 PM

I support this petition

RFreise ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:34 PM

I support this petition.

lando5 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:38 PM

I support this petition.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:39 PM

...I most definitely support this petition.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

teflonpaladin ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 11:42 PM

I support this petition

mybizness32 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 12:01 AM

I support this petition.

biggilyboo ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 12:08 AM

I support this petition.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 1:53 AM

I support this petition.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 2:15 AM

I also support this petition....

gnarklefourbe ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 2:46 AM

I support this petition.

adamthwaites ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 2:56 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to post here, but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

First of all many thanks to those of you who added your support so far.

Second thanks to Renderosity staff for the changes you made so far. The advertising has improved and I appreciate that we are allowed to use html in the notes section of the freebies to link to our sites.

There are still some problems for me though, if we have a link in the notes for people to download then the download will not register on the system. If people choose to download from our sites then it will appear that the freebie has no downloads, therefore not painting an accurate picture of how many people enjoy our work. Not very fair.

Could you please bring back the option to host offsite so that downloads will be registered. For people who don't want to go to other sites because of problems with downloading or downtime then I'm sure we would all be prepared to add some kind of flag to our uploads. If you could add a flag system to say "this freebie can be downloaded offsite and this site is not connected with Renderosity and Renderosity accept no responsibility for availability etc." then it would stop people complaining to you, they should complain to us if they have a problem with the setup. I have included the label Site Link with all of my freebies from day one and I think if you could implement something similar, that must be checked if the freebie is hosted offsite, then it would solve those problems. If some kind of flag is displayed with the freebies then people who want to download that freebie will have to be prepared for possible downtime or whatever. Plus Renderosity will be off the hook because the artist has clearly stated that you are not responsible for the freebie by checking the "offsite" box.

I don't have much of a problem with the advertising now, I think if you guys are happy to let us show off our work here then you should advertise and make some money from it. If you are making money from us though I think it is only fair that we should have an official option to host offsite (with flag) so that people can visit our sites AND the downloads will be registered. It should be a give and take thing and at the moment (despite the very reasonable changes so far) it's still a bit one sided in your favour.

Thank you for your further consideration of this matter.

Adam Thwaites

I'll add this post to the other forum too.

www.most-digital-creations.com

trumarcar ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:14 AM · edited Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:22 AM

I support this petition and all of the above!

andromedakun ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:34 AM

I support this petition.

boanerges ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:39 AM

I support this petition.

ajsavill ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 4:39 AM

I support this petition

MCC27 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 4:44 AM

I support this petition.

seacanyon ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 4:48 AM · edited Sat, 22 August 2009 at 4:52 AM

I not only support this petition, but have some real concerns with Renderosity's policy of flagging all free items as "licensed for non-commerial use only," even when the artist making & offering the free item (which Renderosity is using to attract customers & advertisers) clearly intends otherwise & states so in either/both the readme & the blurb prepared for the freebie page.  This is deliberately misrepresenting the items involved.

heidelx ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 5:40 AM

I support this petition

Greatings Michael Heidelbach.

Natolii ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 5:53 AM

I support this Petition.

DarrenUK ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 6:02 AM

I support this petition.

1. Put adverts on the Rendo hosted freebies to cover cost of hosting.
  2. Put the links to external hosted sites back to the way they were.
  3. Put some sort of identifying icon next to the item, like the "Renderosity exclusive" icon in the marketplace so people have the choice of whether to download from Rendo (through all those ads) or not.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

murphyck ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 7:00 AM

I support this petition

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 8:30 AM

I support this petition, also agree with two quotes below.

Quote -

1. Put adverts on the Rendo hosted freebies to cover cost of hosting.
  2. Put the links to external hosted sites back to the way they were.
  3. Put some sort of identifying icon next to the item, like the "Renderosity exclusive" icon in the marketplace so people have the choice of whether to download from Rendo (through all those ads) or not.

Quote - I not only support this petition, but have some real concerns with Renderosity's policy of flagging all free items as "licensed for non-commerial use only," even when the artist making & offering the free item (which Renderosity is using to attract customers & advertisers) clearly intends otherwise & states so in either/both the readme & the blurb prepared for the freebie page.  This is deliberately misrepresenting the items involved.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

krouser ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 8:35 AM

**I support this petition

THE CREATORS OF THEIR FREE ITEMS NEED TOTAL CONTROL OF WHAT THEY PRODUCE FOR FREE TO THE 3D COMMUNITY!

-I DONT POST MY FREEBIES HERE ANY LONGER NORE DO I POST MY ART HERE.
AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING AS IN CONTROLLING EVERY ASPECT OF THE MEMBERS TO THIS SITE IS ONE REASON WHY I AM NOT AN "ACTIVE MEMBER" TO THIS SUPOSSED COMMINUTY!

THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS ON THIS MATTER! GIVE CONTROLL BACK TO THE CREATORS!!!
-KrouseR**

aztecmarco ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 8:40 AM

I support this petition!

CatlinaDances ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 9:17 AM

I support this Petition.

Marieah ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 9:19 AM

I support this too...

contrafibbularities ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 9:21 AM

I support this petition, too.

fairyfreak ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 9:27 AM

I support this petition.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.