Mon, Sep 23, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: My windows does not support 3d??? or even wmv format???

AnyMatter ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 8:58 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:26 PM

Hi,

firstly i would like to apologize if this problems are nothing to do with poser forum, but i would be glad if someone reply this... ^_^

At first, when i execute poser 7, the program works well. but when i go to material room, as i choose diffrent texture of body parts, it loads very damn slow to change view from i texture to another texture.

Second, when i render in preview mode, it can last only in range of 30-50 frames, and it crushes all in sudden. the program just close immediately.

Third, my laptop doesnt seem to be WMV format supported. When i play in window media player, the movie's colors are broken, sort of only green, blue and brown pink that kind of graphics. But when i play this movie with diffrent computer, it works normally.

4th, In photoshop, as i drag pictures up and down, there are alot of frameskip and not smooth. This also  happen when i drag up and down in certain websites, especially when the screen pass thru pic that has greater resolution, or maybe high quality pics.

Finally, here is my laptop detail.
Window XP version 2002 service pack 3
im using ACER ASPIRE 4535
Computer:

AMD turion(tm)X2Dual-core
Mobile RM-75
2.20 Ghz, 2.75 GB of RAM
Physical address extension.
1 GB memory
250GB HDD
ATI Radeon Graphics

Now, Does my laptop details still not sufficient to run better???
Hope someone reply me..... ^o^.   THANKS!!!!

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 9:13 AM

Have you got the latest video drivers for your graphics card?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:03 AM

I would check how much virtual memory you are allowing on your system. and try sreed instead of opengl. (right click in the preview window to change it)    Animations suck up a lot of resources.

What settings do you have for your screen ?   the color setting mainly. 32 bit or lower.

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 6:30 PM

I had a lesser laptop that ran WMV and Poser much better than is being described by the OP.  I think it's drivers.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 6:41 PM

It could also be missing video codecs for his WMV file if encoded incorrectly.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 7:50 PM

The wmv thing is why I wonder about the set color depth .

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:24 AM

Is your video card supported/working,if not reinstall correct drivers.

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:10 AM

Quote - Have you got the latest video drivers for your graphics card?

oh.... i don't really know about that. I'll check my drivers and graphic cards then... thx for replying^o^

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:13 AM

Quote - I would check how much virtual memory you are allowing on your system. and try sreed instead of opengl. (right click in the preview window to change it)    Animations suck up a lot of resources.

What settings do you have for your screen ?   the color setting mainly. 32 bit or lower.

i thought it was 32 bit. everything set normally, but only when i open WMV file the colors are broken.

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:14 AM

Quote - I had a lesser laptop that ran WMV and Poser much better than is being described by the OP.  I think it's drivers.

oh... drivers?? ok thanks! i'll check my driver then... thanks for the tips^o^

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:18 AM

Quote - It could also be missing video codecs for his WMV file if encoded incorrectly.

BTW, can this be encoded correctly? I mean with just several click of mouse to set things normally without opening or changing my laptop hardwares...

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:21 AM

Quote - The wmv thing is why I wonder about the set color depth .

BTW, how to go to set color depth menu, did u mean the display properties?? I thought i set it as 32 bit. Only running WMV file cause broken color. But .avi works normally...

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:31 AM

The colour problems with the WMV file could be either, a broken/missing codec (quite possible as it works perfectly on another machine) or broken/outdated video drivers (I have problems whenever new drivers are released & only when new drivers are released). Grab a copy of GSpot it'll tell you which codec your wmv file needs & whether you have it installed.

The Frame skipping in Photoshop could be any of loads of things, your processor being too slow, not enough Ram, fragmented hard drive, video drivers, pagefile damaged, missing or too small, display properties colour being set too low (I've had it drop to 8bit before).

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:32 AM

In your win media player preferences /file types look to see if the format you are trying to play is checked (OK)

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:40 PM

Yes, I meant the color setting in the display properties , usually 16, 24 or 32 bit color.

AnyMatter ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 5:28 PM

Quote - I would check how much virtual memory you are allowing on your system. and try sreed instead of opengl. (right click in the preview window to change it)    Animations suck up a lot of resources.

LOL.... Its the opengl caused my preview render to crush in middle of process. So i just changed to sreed!! thx, now its works normally. And, i realize my virtual memory was only around 450 of KB. Does this consider very small???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.