Thu, Sep 19, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Magnetize clothing

Klebnor ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 9:12 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 8:15 PM

Has anyone here successfully used the magnetize clothing morphs in Carrara?

If so, how do you use them, and do they work well?

Do the magnets need to be specific to the mesh, the morphs, or the clothing?

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Sueposer ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 9:56 AM

I think the magnetize clothing morphs are for daz studio. Not needed for Carrara.

jt411 ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:14 PM

The magnetize clothing poses are for both DS and Poser; they transfer Victoria 4's joint magnets to whatever conformed clothing you're using for better fitting/bending. I've always felt that the magnetize feature does more harm than good, so I always skip the step; I even goes far as to strip the ERC out of Poser CR2's.
In other words, you don't need to worry about it :)

Klebnor ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 3:32 PM

Thanks to both of you.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

adegner ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2009 at 8:12 AM

Yes the magnitize clothing works in carrara especially for tight fitting clothing like any of the tight
stockings from hongyu.  On some items they don't seem to do much on others they are pretty
usefull.  Even works in poser 8.  Never tried em in DS3.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.