Fri, Aug 2, 9:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Forum Banners

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 8:52 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:47 PM
Forum Moderator

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2779526

The discussion we had in the above thread (see link) gives me the impression that getting new banners up would be a good idea.  To this end I've come up with an idea that will take care of the 'we'd like to see new banners' issue and the 'who created that banner?' problem.

I'd like Vue members to create - in Vue version whatever - a new banner.

Each new banner should contain the words - in text or model form - VUE and the artist's name.

The format should be like these examples:

**Rutra's Vue
TheFixer's Vue
Impish's Vue
****bruno021's Vue

Just a little play on words but also a bit of fun!

**The image theme/genre can be anything tasteful and in accordance with the TOS.

Let me know what you think. I'll set up a 'challenge'-type page for entries  like Agiel did. When we get enough entries I'll clear out all the old banners and replace them with the your new ones.

There are no prizes but a lot of kudos.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 12:37 PM

sounds fun... what size?

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:23 PM · edited Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Well according to the specs in the previous 'contest' :

*Your image must be in JPG format and has to be 600x50 or 500x125 *

How does that sound? ;-)

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:25 PM

grins - like good dimensions to work with ;)

i say... sounds like you should download the PLE and try 'er out... add your own banner =D

grins evilly, wipes the grin away and replaces it with a friendlier version with a bit of a laugh

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 8:28 AM
Forum Moderator

PLE?

melikia ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:51 AM

Personal Learning Edition - its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  www.e-onsoftware.com

Vue comes in many "flavors" - there's one for those who don't wanna spend money (like daz studio)... but its sooo scaled back it just teases you more than does anything - this is Vue 7 Pioneer.
Then, there's variations for the average person.
Then, there's one for small businesses and professionals,
and then... the two biggies - usually for big businesses, but the average users loves to get their hands on it, too - Infinite and XTream.
Xtream is the EXACT SAME as Infinite EXCEPT that it comes with plugins to connect Vue with even higher-end apps, like Max =D (and is more prone to crashing than... well.)

Now... you can go get Pioneer, but i wouldnt recommend it - as I said, there's just enough to tease you.  Go for the PLE, and unless you use a big name application, when you grab it, tell it to install INFINITE.

Then, fire her up, and go to www.geekatplay.com and check out some video tutorials - or do so while waiting for install/download LOL.

Restrictions on the PLE:  Watermarks EVERYWHERE (not sure if this one follows what 6-inf-PLE did and gives you 30 days grace period)... limited output size.... and you cannot export your scene files for later use in say, a purchased version of Vue 7 Inf.  Otherwise, its exactly what we use, and gives you a VERY good idea of why we think that you, too, shall be assimilated....

While you're at it, if i remember right, the PLE doesnt come with a lot of content (like paid-for-infinite does), make sure to hit up the freebie area here and at Cornucopia3d.com (you have to sort by lowest price first there, and you're limited in number of freebies per week)

grins - seriously, its a way to figure out why we're all (vue users) soooo enthusiastic about our program... something you rarely see from users of other applications, and without putting forth a single penny for it.

Enjoy!
~meli

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:53 AM · edited Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:55 AM
Forum Moderator

*and unless you use a big name application,

• That would be me then. I use Bryce 6.1

Thanks for the info, melikia ! :-)

*a VERY good idea of why we think that you, too, shall be assimilated....

*Yup! I can see that I will become assimilated.......right after hell freezes over. :lol:

melikia ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 12:19 PM

laughs

I said the same...

and unfortunately, Vue // e-on doesn't consider Bryce to be "high end" - they mean ones you spend thousands of $$ to get, not hundreds. =/  more's the pity.

i think the reason Vue  IS so popular is because it has the most user-friendly interface I have EVER encountered... that includes Bryce (sorry, i get lost in that program and end up tearing my hair out)... the friendly user-interface is what kept me playing in Vue even though I hadn't a CLUE what I was doing. 
Wasn't long before I was creating MUCH better images with Vue than I ever had managed in Poser (and definitely better than anything I ever produced using Bryce)... its also relatively simple to import stuff from Poser - but fair warning, if your machine cannot handle a lot, turn off all the bells & whistles (i.e., poser materials, etc - you lose a few of the nodes Poser has, but most of the time, its simple to recreate in Vue's material editor)... oh, and i wouldnt suggest trying dynamic hair from poser unless you want to cry - or you have one of those kick-buttttt computers and a lot of patience.

grins - ok, you may think you wont be assimilated... and we'll let you operate under that assumption for now... because... like flies to honey.... ;)

Vue is very... very .... VERY sweet.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 1:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Oh I get it now. You live in la-la land! :lol:

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:18 PM

What is Bryce?..does anyone know??...Is it software or something from the ark!?
Just curious!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

melikia ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 5:26 PM

Something from the Ark....

and didnt you know - you GOTTA be crazy (i.e., live in LaLa land) to survive living in Alaska =D

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2009 at 9:27 AM

I used Bryce 3 it was my first 3D app and I loved it because I had not seen anything better, then one day a friend of mine showed me Vue and when Vue 5 came out I got on board.  In the real world I sell aquarium products and it's kind of the same thing really. I get customers who have this great pump and think it's the best out there but when they see the pumps we use they realize they had nothing to compare theres to until now. For the record though, I stil have Bryce, I even upgraded to 6.5 but have only bothered firing it up maybe 3 times since I got it. The controls, the UI, the material lab, lighting  all make Vue an amazing and easy program to use. I have become a vue addict and I'm proud of it :)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2009 at 11:43 AM
Forum Moderator

I stil have Bryce, I even upgraded to 6.5

Wow! You managed to upgrade to something that doesn't exist yet!! WTG! :lol:

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2009 at 2:13 PM

LOL yeh that pretty much shows how much I looked at it. 6.1, 2, 3 whatever Daz decided to call it when they released it.  Don't get me wrong though, I liked Bryce, it's a great program , I just like Vue better now. Now I feel bad, Im going to have to try to render something in it for old time sake.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2009 at 2:38 PM
Forum Moderator

*Now I feel bad, Im going to have to try to render something in it for old time sake

*My work is done!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.