Sat, Aug 3, 12:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: FLAME

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 1:27 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:49 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_117198.jpg

This is "Flame" a new character in my Comic of the past year "EviLAngeL". This would be her debut cover. This image was to be my entry in the PFO Pose This! contest, but since I'm no longer welcome there I thought I'd post it here for folks to see. Most of the hard effects were done in post production. I adapted Nerd's campfire model for the hair then touched it up big time. The skulls were Rendered in sections and assembled as layers in Corel PP8, as well as the figure and smoke. If you're wondering why you've never seen my comic online, well it was once. I had an HD crash and lost most of it last OCT and then the Website suffered the same fate. I'm slowy rewriting it and remaking the images. -Jeff H.

beelzebulb ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 2:04 AM

It's a shame that you won't be able to enter it but all you really need is the respect and admiration of others who know something good when they see it and this one is good.

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 2:07 AM

Fantastic Jeff.. in awe i can't wait to see More.. Smiles

JKeller ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 2:31 AM

For those of you who don't know, Jeff won last year's Pose This contest. I've seen a bit of the "EviLAngeL" comic...and after seeing how much Jeff has improved in his Poser knowledge and technique in the past year, I'm itching to see more of the new panels he's working on now. -JKeller

bushi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 2:33 AM

Excellence is just that regardless of where it's posted. Very well done. Colors are good. Depth is good. Figure pose is very expressive. I wish I had your eye for composition. I'm impressed.

tmoss ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 6:16 AM

The picture is well done...depth good...nice flames...good colors...very well done. However it is sexist and demeaning to women. My opinion of course. The pic would have been just as effective with a bikini top on her. Cartoon or fantasy ...whatever name you want to give it. The nudity is demeaning and totally unnecessary. tmoss

ali ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 6:54 AM

Wow! this is great Jeff. As for not being able to enter this years contest, well, thats their loss. :) I too can't wait to see the comic. Ali

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 7:11 AM

Jeff that is awsome. Put me on the list for awaiting the comic. -Trav

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 7:26 AM

Jeff that's a winner in my book. Colm...

RadArt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 7:37 AM

I must give credit when credit is due so.... INCREDIBLE WORK JEFF!!! One can tell you worked hard on this; and you sure have amazing TALENT!! I wouldn't have been surprised if you would have won the contest with this. Thanks for putting some brightness into the gloom. Radart(impressed)

scott ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 8:46 AM

Very nice Jeff. I didn't know you won last year. Scott Ayers iamsba@aol.com

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 9:16 AM

Thanks for the great comments everyone ;-) tmoss, She was meant to wear a black bra of some kind, but I couldn't find one and the bikini top didn't look right. My wife suggested that I make it a chainmail outfit, but for now she's topless. Being supernatural most of the characters in my story have no use for clothes until they come to earth. Flame arives in the buff and picks up her clothes along the way. The first people she meets are bikers.. -Jeff H.

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 9:32 AM

WOW! Great job! I love it The fire works! It has that "you don't want to piss me off" look to it. I love it. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

tmoss ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 9:48 AM

I understand Jeff...and no problem. I didn't mean to offend. I have just seen so much of that around the forums...naked women...even if they just want to show off an eyebrow morph....they show naked breasts. I realize that sexuality is a big draw with pictures....but you do such beautiful work...and you make great impact without it. Guess I was just trying to make a point around here..and took it out on your pic. I apologize.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 10:32 AM

heya; pretty cool! er, um, hot! :) are those the bikers in the background? doesnt look like they left many wearables behind. ;) and using the campfire for hair? hmmmm.... verrrry interesting.... :)

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 10:45 AM

I have since created my own "FlameHair" prop in amorphium that requires less touch-up, but I credit Nerd's work with inspiring me. Flame meshes aren't easy; the one I use now is over 6MBs. Does anyone know where I can find a black bra prop or a texture set that does it for one of the clothing props? -JH.

Newc ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 2:44 PM

There was a texture set a while back (P3) by Pavel, called (oddly enough) Pavel's Womans (number 1-8), but I'm not sure where you could find them now. If you wish, I can email you the UndiesBra image, which, if I recall, has a nice lace bra texture. Newc p.s. Very nice image. Would look very nice printed on something (alternative card-type thingy)

Foxhollow ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 4:43 PM

She's Hot! Great imag, Jeff The flames are exceptional...and from the campfire! great idea..

RadArt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 5:15 PM

Since you made such an INSPIRING picture; I think I have a nice bra somewhere in my ARCHIVES of poser downloads; in fact, I know I do. If your interested, let me know. I'll e-mail it. Radart.

rwilliams ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 5:42 PM

This is an exceptional work of art! I could only dream od producing such a piece! KEEP ON POSTING! Thanks for sharing with us.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 6:06 PM

Fantastic work, Jeff. I am going to add it to my inspirational file of works to use as teaching aids for myself. What breast morphs did you use? I remember the same look on your post for some of your new hair.

RadArt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 10:14 PM

Sorry, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut!! WebBOY, you irked me! I don't think your being fair. If this is anything to do with politics, keep it away from good, talented artwork like this, okay?? It's not fair to pick on the guys' talents, especially if he has them!! Your only putting your foot in your mouth. Keep the "artwork" out of ill feelings. It's sacred, not to be touched by all this storm!!!

scott ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 10:34 PM

You ARE allowed to say you don't like something. Just try to be a little less harsh about it. You wouldn't like it much if I said. "I don't like the way you can't spell. It reminds me of kindergarden" would you? Please consider other peoples feelings. And you can post whatever you like. Scott Ayers iamsba@aol.com

RadArt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 10:35 PM

Your allowed to have your own opinion WebBoy. It's just the way you express that opinion that irritated me enough to respond. At these forums, (putting aside all our differences in politics and colours), we have an unwritten "proffessional" rule to "be nice to each other in the face of talent". You must try to show a little more kindness and some respect to some of these Artists that have an obvious reputation. I'm sure you would have been a lot less "crude" if you were critisizing Picasso, even if you thought his work stunk!!?? You don't HAVE to like the work! Just watch how you say things. Or at least swallow your food first.

Lorraine ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 1999 at 11:26 PM

This is a great image! Good images lack politics, the contest is supposed to be open to all poser-folk...well I hope you enter it somewhere it is a great image...

WebBoy ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 12:02 AM

im so sorry guys i didnt mean to sound mad-i relly do like some of jeffs picture like the skulls and the nipple morfs but not all of it radart U R cool 2 stick up for your friend jeff

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 12:24 AM

Personally, I don't even know Jeff; met him on here just prior to the "forum wars". I just happened to be browsing by when I noticed Jeff's image; and it pleased my senses. When it comes to similar interests and talents in Art, no matter what differences we may have elsewhere, we must stick up for each another. I would sincerely hope that whether I was part of the Hell's Angels, or a Church Choir or the PeeWee Herman Club, people would still honour my talents, my virtues and my good work, if it was this good?

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 2:22 AM

RadArt, Thanks for the offer of help with the Bra, I don't seem to have your e-mail address though... Here's mine: howarths@bellatlantic.net -Jeff H. PS: The breast morphs were made with the magnets. I had plans to post them to the propsguild a few months ago, but I get so many negative comments concerning the "nipples" on my figures that I decided not to post them ;-)

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 2:34 AM

WebBoy, You are right, the hair doesn't look "real". Hair of Flame is supernatural concept that does not truely exist in the real world. The skulls are supposed to appear as if they might be coals in a fire, heated and smoldering... Flame seems to be hovering over them sensing the heat with her hands doesn't she? I have an Idea in my head that these are all the men she's ever met in her life. -Jeff H.

ratta ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 8:24 AM

WebBoy: Fantasy begins with the suspension of disbelief. --ratta

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 9:47 AM

Jeff, how about posting the breast morphs here, or a tutorial, or would you e-mail them to me? Thanks

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 11:38 AM

They're Poser4 magnet deformers. I'll go ahead and post them soon. -JH.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 12:56 PM

Cool. Thanks.

ronin ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 8:01 PM

Gooood stuff, Jeff. That's an impressive piece of work! I know I probably shouldn't comment on this, but I just can't help myself:) Since when has nudity become demeaning??? What is more natural than being nude? And no, I am not a nudist: I'm unfortunately just as socially handicapped as the remaining 70-80% of the human race. Oh, sure, when we're talking abuse of children or women that perhaps have no other way to make a living, but in a piece of art like this??? There can never be anything demeaning about it! You are assuming that she comes from a culture that considers nudity as socially unacceptable. Are the natives in the Amazon jungle demeaned by the fact that their women wouldn't know what to do with a bra if they ever got hold of one?? What about all the other cultures that have a far more natural and relaxed view of the "exposure" of the human body. The story is supposedly about a supernatural humanoid creature that comes to Earth, So Jeff can make her wear what ever he wants. Hey, for that matter he could have a bunch of males running around in nothing but jockstraps if he wanted to. Nudity isn't gonna kill ya! Unless, you're stuck in a snowstorm with no clothes...No, nev'mind that. What I'm getting at is that if you don't like it, don't watch it. Yep, that's the way to do it, ignore the damn thing. It's a tried and true method used by humanity since the dawn of time! Sorry about the rant, but I just get annoyed when people show up with those 17th century attitudes. No offense:) Regards Joshua "We are born naked, wet and hungry; then things get worse! But with a little luck and a bit of careful planning, we might get to die naked:)"

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 8:07 PM

Hey Ronin!! Tammie already apologized!! She was having a bad day! Read the thread before you post. I think she feels bad enough already without all this. No need to keep rubbing it in her face. Be nice.....Radart.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 1999 at 9:05 PM

Jeff, I was inspired to finally try to use the magnets. I think I did a pretty good job of emulating your morphs. I haven't figured out how to save them, though. I spawned a morph target and saved the character, and plan to use Morph Manager to extract the morph. I would still like to see your morphs to see how you did it. Thanks again

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 10:48 PM

WOW!! Fantastic!! Amazing!! Wonderful!! applause applause applause Please post when your comic is on-line. I am reading and enjoying so many of them. I guess it is my new hobby along with trying to render pictures. smiles

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 1999 at 3:52 PM

Hi Jeff, GREAT!!! Thats we want to see here; great artists! Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

tmoss ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 9:36 AM

Joshua, Sorry bout my being late responding to this..but your post was just pointed out to me. First off...I think Jeff is a wonderful artist..and his talent is just incredible. The picture is beautiful. I do not have 17th century attitudes..and if I did..it wouldn't be any of your business to begin with. I apologized to Jeff for my little rant on him...I was having a bad day..and didn't take the picture as it was meant...as a fantasy story. Nudity does have it place in some pictures...but not in everything...and if you take a look around these forums...you will see that 75% of the pictures have some form of a naked woman in them. And that is demeaning in that...the impression is given that women should only be admired for their form...or their bare breats. (Jeff..I know this is not what your intent was...so I apologize for doing this in your thread). I have seen some beautiful images on this forum...some with nudity...some not. However..I tend to be more impressed when a picture can make great impact without the nudity. Jeff has that kind of talent...and the above picture would be just as beautiful if the lady had a bra type top on...and I was just trying to point that out to him. However as Jeff pointed out. I didn't know the whole story behind his character...and now I see why she is partially nude. I felt bad about the way I put it..and I apologized to him...because he such a great artist..and I have a great respect for his work. However...I won't apologize to you in any way. Read the threads before you post...the whole thread. Tammie

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 11:28 AM

RoyS, Yeah you're right, a black bra doesn't seem to fit somehow. It was just the vision I had in mind. A skimpy outfit made of black leather and chainmail is what I'm leaning towards now. She looks like she might prefer a medieval look anyway ;-) -JH.

ronin ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 4:38 PM

Ok, one thing first: I was not particularly targetting Tmoss as a person. I just have a problem when people (see, plural?!) start with the "nudity is demeaning" rant. I did read the thread and I did see that Tmoss apologized, but this was never meant as a personal attack on you, Tmoss. I apologize if that is the way I came across. In my own, twisted little way, I was trying to make a point. Or rather state a question...Or maybe both?! I happen to think the female body can be one of the most beautiful things on Earth. And damn right, I like to look at naked women. There is no way anybody can ever make me embarrassed about that. I'm a guy! Guys, unless they're gay or prudes, like to look at women. Correct me if I'm wrong here! It's an instinct for gs to like women, and we are still, like it or not, animalistic enough for instincts to play a large role in our lives. And to set one thing straight: I do not look at women as merely objects. She can be the most beautiful woman in the entire world, with breasts that could make a grown man cry, but if she's a blithering idiot with the IQ of a wet brick; I wouldn't touch her with a barge-pole!!! There has to be a person behind the pretty mask. But that doesn't mean I can't get to drool over purdy pictures:) Ok, enough with the rant. I hope I cleared up a few things, but knowing my usual luck with these things, I've probably muddied the waters a bit too. I apologize if I offended anybody, and that goes double for you, Tmoss. Sometimes, it seems that I am, by nature, an offensive person... Well, it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?! regards Joshua

tmoss ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 1999 at 9:02 PM

Apology accepted Joshua...but it did look like you were going off on me. Discussion over. G Jeff...I do have a question..and a request. I have Corel PP8...but have not used it much..have never seemed to get the hang of it as I did PSP. YOu said this pic was rendered in sections..and then assembled in PP8. I think that is incredible. Do you have any tutorials with PP8...or would you have time to do one and show us dummies something about PP8. Most people use Photoshop..and I have never found many tutorials on pp8. Thanks, Tammie

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 1999 at 7:22 AM

Corel PP8 has most of the same tools as PSP or PS, only the names for the tools are different. The Skulls were rendered in groups of ten or so in poser4 .tif format. Inside CPP8 you open the .tif and load mask from channel and cut. Paste as a new object to your main image from the edit menu. The objects are layers and can be resized, rotated, etc.. Once I got all the skulls into the scene I arranged and grouped them. The figure is a layer/object also, as well as the smoke. Is this the kind of thing you wanted to know? -JH.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 1999 at 12:21 AM

Jeff, Great work. You always amaze me. I'm sorry that your artwork ended up touching off a controversy. (Then again, the best art does promote thinking.) I do agree with the statement that there is a lot of artwork on this forum that is nudity just for seeing bare breasts. It gets old after a while. First, it does promote the idea that women are objects. (Women in bikinis lying on top of cars comes to mind.) Second, it takes away the impact from excellent artwork like Jeff's. Keep up the great work and take the controversy as a compliment.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.