Fri, Sep 20, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: hmann's 3D World Kit

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 6:01 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Supposedly there's a button on the MarketPlace pages to post customer feedback, but it doesn't appear on my screen. So I thought I'd post this here instead. Hmann's 3D World Kit is a real bargain. It's extremely easy to use and a lot of fun to play with. I do Poser animations, and the 3D World Kit makes it a snap to creat good looking environments. Obviously, it would make doing the same for non-animation sets a breeze too. It's a real time saver not having to have to set up an environmet in a landscape program like Bryce in which to place Poser characters and props. Definitely worth the price.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

Staby ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 6:28 AM

I'm interested in this product too and i'm glad to hear that it is good as it seems. Can you please post some pics in which you used the 3D World kit, the only images that i saw in the gallery are the promotional art pieces... Thanks

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 7:40 AM

If you're viewing the actual product page--the one with the "Add to Shopping Cart" icon--the link to leave feedback should be there. I haven't seen the 3d World Kit but GeorgeD's Morph Mountain is great, too. You can make all kinds of stuff, including water and clouds. Though I haven't tried the clouds yet.

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 9:01 AM

I bought the entire 3D World Kit, and am very happy with it. Now all we need are some trees and shrubs! I also bought AnimaTek's World Builder 3 and was very disappointed with that.

Solar384 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 10:58 AM

file_192095.jpg

I love the 3D World kit! This image was done in like 3 mins! I only added Anton's trees and Dmentia's Faelyn. It takes me hours to get a poser fig looking this good in Bryce, not to mention all the work. I picked it up at Daz last weekend and I haven't stopped playing with it yet. It has a detailed PDF manual, but it's very easy to use. One thing... it does need 128meg of ram or more. Even with 128, you'll be limited on what you can add to the world. I rate it a "must have" for the fun factor alone!

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 11:30 AM

I agree with Solar - I am enjoying the ease and speed with which I can create a variety of environments (but I think we will be seeing a lot of "lilly ponds" in the near future ;-) I was wondering, though - has anybody got ground shadows yet? I use ProPack and the World Kit manual suggests that there are some rendering bugs in the Pro Kit, and that until they are fixed, we should revert to Poser 4 if we expect decent renders. I notice that Solars image also has no ground shadows, but I don't know his lighting serup so can't tell for sure if that is intentional. If anyone has a Poser 4 install, would you please let me know if you get the shadows. I hate to uninstall my ProPack, but I will if that is the cause.

Solar384 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 11:57 AM

Yeah no shadows. Actually, I think the ground shadow did fall a little outside the render. Movement on the Y axis is critical to getting the shadow just right. What I did here was put together a scene in just a couple if minutes to demonstrate the ease of the kit. I used default everything... from the lights to Faelyn's pose. Even the trees all have the same pose. I just rotated them a round a bit. :) Pro Pack does have a bug which hinders use of shadows according to the manual. He strongly suggests using Poser for the kit. Good luck!

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 5:32 PM

Harv's work is excellent as usual. I just don't understand if you're not doing animations, why you'd want something like this? I'd think the money could be put towards Bryce or Vue where setting up a scene is easy enough and it's totally your own and unique. To each his own I guess. Spit

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2001 at 6:04 PM

Well, only about a week before I bought the World Kit for Poser, I had purchased Animatek's World Builder, and I already have Bryce. I was looking for a quick way to create environments and the World Kit is just that. Poser has me spoiled with the ability to set up a scene and get final renders within minutes. Animatek's World Builder is REALLY powerful, but also EXTREMELY cumbersome and frustrating. Don't bother with it unless you have LOTS of time to wait for even the simple things, and can deal with constant crashes. Yes you can import Poser figures directly into World Builder, but you still have to wait for every single blade of grass to be rendered individually. Cool, but time consuming. If Harv comes out with a few trees and plants, there are already building construction kits available, I think I can pack Bryce away for a long time until I need some kind of "show-piece" which justifies it. I think this is a great idea because it is scaled perfectly to poser, meshes flawlessly with other components and eliminates a lot of importing and exporting hassles not to mention inconsistencies. Well worth the money of you like playing in Poser and value your time.

Magix-101 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 9:36 AM

Hi...I am glad most everyone seems happy with the worldkit. Just to clarify a few points,the 3d World Kit is designed to be quick to set up a scene, but you can also set up a very individual look as well, just like people set up individual looks for Mike and Vicky, the thing is you have to play with the lighting and the morph targets and the sky presets, and the ground textures as well. About ground shadows...theres been a few questions about them, the first thing is that way I set them up (the lights I mean)is by no means the perfect way, in fact I attached the shadows to the key light, but they are a little hard to see, if they were attached to the sunlight then you would have a better chance to see them, there are all kinds of possibilities here, but it does require some experimentation to get the best results, basically your shadow giving light should probably be the brightest light in the scene,but in my default light setup its the key light that has the shadows and it's not necessarily the brightest light in the scene. I hope to build a lot more for it, and believe me there will be (as there are already) plenty of options to create your own individual look, personally I was frustrated with Bryce, its a great app but you cant animate in it and the skies always bugged me. I am pretty sure the movie Final Fantasy used a sky dome (you can tell by the mapping)and the simple reason is that the real sky looks like a dome. The reason I didnt add tree's was because there are so many trees around already that are easy enough to import into the World Kit, probably what I may concentrate on is bridges, more textures for the ground, rocks and plenty of other things. As it took about 3 times longer to build than I hoped (originally I thought it would take about 6 weeks ...but to be honest it took quite a few months and thats working at about 6 hours minimum a day) because there was so much trial and error in getting it to look right and getting the textures to map properly, not to mention large scale morphing etc etc... I read earlier on...someone was saying that they could have probably built it ...but I have to say... I wouldn't like to build it again...no way, to much time and too much experimenting that dragged on for weeks and weeks. Anyway I really hope it works well for you, and if enough people buy it I definitely want to expand it and make it very comprehensive in the future. Thanks Harvey Mann

Magix-101 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 9:45 AM

Oh one more thing...Poser Pro Pack definitely has a bug in the lights, it's explained in the Manual, but its related to distance end....bottom line is Poser 4's lights work better, but no need to uninstall Pro Pack, I have both on my system and theres no problem, however it's better to do the final renders in Poser. Another point is that Steve Cooper told me a while back that in the new version of Poser there will be Raytracing (amongst other things)so that feature alone will really help in setting up better world scenes. Thanks Again Harvey Mann

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 11:33 AM

file_192097.jpg

Harvey, just wanted to thank you for the outstanding job you did on the WorldKit! Here is a render of part of my Atlantis scene. I'm still trying to get shadows - that seems to be the only problem. Anyway, I'm still pluggin away.

Magix-101 ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 1:40 AM

Hi....Looking good.!! About shadows, what you have to do is place a spotlight quite near the object you want to have shadows and turn the angle end down to about 13.000 and maybe have the angle start to about 10.000 anf have the shadow map to about 3000 and the shadow intensity to about 2.000, dont have the other lights too intense, and disable shadows on most of them. I was playing around with a scene earlier that has very intense shadows using this method. Unfortunately Posers lights are not made for larger scenes and this is why it's not as easy as it should be, but there are plenty of workarounds. I plan to get a list of things that the Poser engineers need to look at and send it to Steve Cooper at Curious Labs. Harvey Mann

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 9:35 AM

Thanks Harvey I'll try that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.