Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Is it just me? Or is everyone hungry for the SR1 for Poser 8

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2782244&page=4#message_3527526

I LOVE 3D ART..    I have stated before..  Poser 8 is a lemon..!   I have jumped through hoops. I have followed instructions.  I have apologised for being aggressive in My words.  I have had My family helping TRY to help solve.  I have had My computer taken apart and rebuilt.  And because ALL of this happened on a weekend all contact with Smith Micro is answered by an automated system.

Poser 8 is a LEMON

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:26 PM

I would wait until Sr1 beore you say it is a lemon.  well at the moment it IS a lemon.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:36 PM

Thank You esther..  I am hoping that SR1 will fix everything but I have My doubts this will happen..
There are other members posting in other threads.  Some say that issues in P7 have been carried over into P8.
Apart from occasional slowness in P7 and PPro I did not have any issues worth mentioning

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:43 PM

I cannot use P8 yet.  But I am looking forward to it as the lighting is superb.  things load much quicker too.

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:51 PM

If you are not using it..  How can You say it is a lemon.?

At least I have used it and given it an F..

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:14 PM

to be fair, it's working o.k. for some OS X users (e.g. me).  we'd like to see if we can get to the point where all OS X users can easily run it.

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:31 PM

I am only speaking for Myself.  Poser 8 gets an  F  .

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:37 PM

I used it, but I can't actually USE it, if you know what I mean.  It has to many problems to be useable at the moment until the fix.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 11:29 PM

I know what ya mean, esther.
with any luck, sr1 will make it much more useable.
say no more!

Whichway ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:27 AM

I use Poser 8 regularly. I just limit my use of IDL for now as Bagginsbill has demonstrated that it is much improved in SP1.

Whichway

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:39 AM

Then why was poser 8 released so early?

Smith Micro have done themselves a disservice by the premature release of Poser 8.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:55 AM

my guess is they didn't know it had problems.  I think the problems appear when using extra content and lots of external runtimes.

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 1:09 AM

NoelCan, this happens with almost every new version of software under the sun. Let's say there are 100 beta testers. 100 beta testers are not going to experience every last facet of the program of their own install, much less all the software and hardware configurations of thousands of users. If we want it otherwise, we won't be using computers. At best, software will be infinitely more expensive than it now is. It's frustrating, yes, but the alternatives are frankly not very good unless you're absolutely loaded with cash. Even expensive programs have bugs on first release; much moreso something at this level and at the same time this complexity.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 1:58 AM

Beievable3D:    Yes I am aware of the difficulties involved..  But there are people out here who have their systems overloaded to the hilt. And we who have got totally useless software must wait for something that may,  or may not fix problems that we are being told in these forums,  Smith Micro may know nothing about.  I am tired of being told that after four days My problem will be considered SOLVED.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:03 AM

Quote - With no idea as to when that will be.  I still think that SM could do better..!
Thanks anyway Dizzi..

Sorry if I have missed you post with the problems you are having.
What is happening with Poser 8 and your setup?

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:12 AM
estherau ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:18 AM

I have been in touch with SM and I don't think our problems can be solved except with the SR1 which they are working hard on at the moment.
Love esther

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2782553&page=1

Thanks estherau : - If I did not get so much pleasure from Poser I would ask for My money back. Right now I really do not care. I have had enough. If SR1 works. then all is great. And sometimes MIRACLES do happen..

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:41 AM

Posted Friday, September 18, 2009 by Noelcan,

Quote - I will just continue using Poser pro and not say any more.  leave it to the experts.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 11:42 AM

At least SM hasn't gotten like Adobe where they didn't release any updates for their buggy software.  They required you to upgrade to the next version to get the bug fixes (Premiere Pro for example).

I'm still waiting for SR1 myself and have past my 30 day period not that I'm going to return it.  I'll just use P7 until it comes out.  I just checked here to see if there was any news.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:33 PM

I have a new bug but I can't report it to SM because I can't fill in the product on the new incident page (there's no textbox).
Poser 8 crashes after deleting magnets. At first I was very pleased with new magnet feature to use a magnet on different actors, but when I wanted to delete the magnets poser 8 crashes, to be specific on the eigth magnet, the first seven didn't cause any trouble but deleting the eigth just crashes poser over and over again.
And when I use Ockham's script "delete all magnets"  I get the same result.
I hope someone of SM is also reading this thread beacuse, because like I said: I just can't report the bug! 😠😠😠

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:32 PM

It has been stated that it will be released this month sometime, so they have just over a week left.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 1:40 PM

Quote - At least SM hasn't gotten like Adobe where they didn't release any updates for their buggy software.  They required you to upgrade to the next version to get the bug fixes (Premiere Pro for example).

I'm still waiting for SR1 myself and have past my 30 day period not that I'm going to return it.  I'll just use P7 until it comes out.  I just checked here to see if there was any news.

Well, actually a number of the P8 problems have been carried over from P7 and Poser Pro and even P6 and never got fixed in those versions.

Imo, P7 and Poser Pro should still see a service release to fix those issues and also add full multi-core support. Smith Micro claims there's multi-core support inP7 and Poser Pro, but it's not really functioning.

So, yes SM does the same as Adobe and E-Onsoftware (Vue) and others do. They fix issues and shortcomings from the previous in the next version.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 3:43 PM

Well, It seems I'm too late to report my bug for SR1 anyway, it's just released.
I hope someone else did, or it have to wait for SR2  :sad:

best regards,

Bopper.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 3:45 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 3:46 PM
aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:00 PM

I did find this rather amusing in the SR1 readme.....

Quote - Artifacts in raytraced shadow improved.

Were any other bugs improved as well?  ;-)

Anyway, looking forward to being able to use SR1, hoping it's as good as it sounds!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:11 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:12 PM

By my count, 73 bugs or enhancement requests were resolved in SR1.

From a statistical standpoint, around 30 more bugs will be found and fixed for SR2.

Don't like it? Start a software company.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:19 PM

-Magnets are deleting normal with the SR1, so that's no more problem. Library  search in Vista 64 works. lesser artifacts in tranparancy in IDL rendering. Well, good job so far. 😄😄😄

best regards,

Bopper

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:26 PM

OK...  Downloaded and installed..  Seems to render on basic settings ok..

Will not comment further until checking out other issues..

I still say Smith Micro have done themselves a disservice by releasing Poser 8 too early.!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:30 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:28 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Goddamnit NoelCan do you think we all can't read? I'm really annoyed with you repeating the same thing over and over.

Say something new for God's sake, or shut up.

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 5:59 PM

This last week has been a low point. My first ever postings at any forum.

bagginsbill,  Your attitude leaves much to be desired..   I have stated My personal feelings

I will not report profanity.. Maybe someone else will

bantha ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:05 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:06 PM

Well, we don't need to be hungry for SP1 any longer. So everyone can check it for itself.

It would be great if we would not have more impolite words here, everyone. So please help your friendly moderator by being moderate....

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:07 PM

**NoelCan, your attitude leaves much to be desired. I state my personal feelings

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:22 PM

Quote - Well, we don't need to be hungry for SP1 any longer. So everyone can check it for itself.

It would be great if we would not have more impolite words here, everyone. So please help your friendly moderator by being moderate....

I agree, but swearing the way that was done 4 post earlier, shouldn't be allowed, no matter who you are. It's not the first time, it happens more often and it is disturbing and at times even offensive.

Food for thought.....

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:32 PM
Site Admin

Quote - I agree, but swearing the way that was done 4 post earlier, shouldn't be allowed, no matter who you are. It's not the first time, it happens more often and it is disturbing and at times even offensive.

That's what the language advisory is for.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

bantha ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:36 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:38 PM

Exactly. 

Aeilkema, you are free to discuss things like this in a non-personal manner in the Community Center

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:49 PM

OK, started a thread there :-)

Food for thought.....

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 6:53 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:03 PM

file_439852.png

OMG, here we go again.

Swearing is not against the TOS, and it's not fair to keep claiming that I'm allowed because of who I am. Everybody is allowed to swear here. I do it when I'm fed up. Don't like it? Then stop being annoying.

Please, just stop the bickering. We don't need to have another argument about what is rude and what isn't.

NoelCan is spamming threads, repeating identical statements that are not constructive or helpful or informational. Once is OK. Twice is OK. Three times is pushing it. Four is ridiculous.

People need to stop complaining and get on with rendering. This is the same drivel as before and my opinion is still that people who do not develop software should stop complaining about the software development process, or at least just complain once. We all read it fine the first 11 times. We understand he's not happy. Nobody is confused about this. Click for full size.

I told him weeks ago that using all of the CPU is not a bug, and that he should lower his process priority. Miss Nancy enjoyed pointing out that I "erred" by not telling him that. You don't think that's obnoxious? I said to him, "Let's start over. I want to help." Instead of answering my questions, he announced that nobody is willing to help. He announced he was giving up on getting help from the forums. It's ridiculous.

I told him that there were known bugs dealing with the Mac and they'd be fixed in SR1. That wasn't good enough. Fine. Be unhappy, but stop posting it over and over - it's not constructive - it's not informational, it's not helpful to anybody after the 3rd time. I don't want to hear it anymore. If you think I need to hear it some more, and he has no need to stop spamming the forum with this stuff, then I'll take another week break from Rendo and let you guys sort out how to use SR1 yourselves.

I do not want to read again that Poser 8 gets an F, that Poser 8 is a lemon, that Poser 8 should be refunded, that Poser 8 did not have a big enough Beta test team, that Poser 8 was released too early. I'm not disputing any of that, although I could. I just don't need to read it again.

I was just about to start posting some tutorials, but now I'm so supremely annoyed, I am not going to.

If you think some posters have a right to be annoyed about something and express it 11 or more times, but I can't say something even once, then what the hell is going on?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:58 PM

BB I lub ya!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:34 PM

/nod

We have the "language" flag for a reason, folks.  You might not personally swear, but others do.  I'd rather someone vent by saying "G-D it, I'm frustrated" than "JenX, you're retarded".  Both might be right, in any case, but one is more rude than the other.
The language flag is noted at the top of the post.  Feel free to scroll past the posts flagged with language.

So, SR-1.  My only problem is that SM's not taking my serial numbers, and I keep getting a SQL error when trying to log into Tech support.  (No worries, I sent an email.  I wait patiently.)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:34 PM

BB please post your tutorials, I have a lot to learn :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:53 PM

Since Steve posted the info for SR-1, and this thread seems to be diving into the dumps, I'm locking it.

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:27 AM

You forgot to lock the door.

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:31 AM

:)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:32 AM

hehehe

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:32 AM

quick - lets have a food fight!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:45 AM

Throws a spagetti and meatball sandwich at Esther!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.