Tue, Oct 22, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Hair refit

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 8:10 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:55 AM

Does anyone know where or if there is a V4 refit of Quarker's Sapphire Fox Hair?  It was one of my favorites with V3 that I'd long forgotten about until digging through the old runtime folders. I searched whatever3d and the Freestuff. I also tried to run it through Crossdresser but it didn't work out so well.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 9:02 PM

Netherworks has a Hair Conversion System for V4 which might work.  It can be found here:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/hair-conversion-system?item=7903&_m=d

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 9:15 PM

Wow! It's even shown in the product listing. Thanks... Wonder how "easy" easy is.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 10:46 PM

Quote - Wow! It's even shown in the product listing. Thanks... Wonder how "easy" easy is.

I've used Netherworks hair fits before (not this particular one tho) and they have been pretty darn easy ;o).

Laurie

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 1:32 AM

You don't really need a kit to make hair fit any character.
All my V3 hair has been adjusted by me using the xyz dials to fit V4, it's not difficult and it's not time consuming, why spend money when you don't have to.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

sirenia ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 4:07 AM

I agree with thefixer on this subject. Just use the scale and translate dials and you are good to go !
Oh and sometimes a magnet can do wonders also ;-)

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 5:53 AM

I agree about the manual approach.  However, the conversion app automatically creates the file in your library.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 11:30 AM

You only need to use the + sign in your library in the folder to add the modified hair piece also, job done.
It really is that easy to modify any hair for any character and save it to your library.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

kathym ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 2:32 PM

Hair is probably the easiest thing to convert. You should give it a go before spending more money. :)

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

alizea ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 2:45 PM

Maybe you own Princess Diaries which was a pose set for V4 from Daz3d - guess it's no longer available  .The package included a V4 fit for Sapphire Fox Hair & Babydoll Hair. You can PM Firebirdz to see if it's available anywhere currently .

Alice's and GND4's Tailor !
Check my free clothing fits : www.alizea3d.com

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 2:16 PM

I don't have Princess Diaries, unfortunately, and you're right that it appears not to be available any longer. I will PM Firebirdz.

As for using the xyz dials to place the hair, I use that method whenever possible, but it doesn't work so well with conforming figure hair. You can adjust it and use the Set Figure Parent instead of Conform To, but I doesn't behave correctly when you move V4s head and the Bend, Side-To-Side don't work so well either.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 2:23 PM

Works well enough for me, I use "change parent", maybe that's why!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.