Sun, Sep 15, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Help with V8

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 8:10 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 6:23 AM

Help anyone.

My V8 is so sluggish it's barely usable. It's just like back in V4 and V5 when I couldn't use OpenGL yet I can't seem to find the old 'optimized, wire frame' mode.

It seems like every move I make has to buffer first. Anyone else experiencing this?

Windows XP SP2
3 gb ram
Nvidia 8600 GT   512 mb

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 8:19 AM

Hi Mark,

what exactly are you facing? Could it be that by any reason you see the anti-pirate mode that makes Vue crash like crazy? I heard there were some serial number issues that people had. This could cause what you see. Check your account maybe at e-on and see what is registered there.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 8:37 AM

Heya Walther,

I checked my account and everything seems in order. I didn't have any trouble installing or anything.

When I'm working for instance, and I go to turn a model, nothing happens then, of a sudden, it'll pop over, then the same again. In the editors I click ok and it takes a while to disappear and then my cursor will disappear and it all bogs down and I can't manipulate anything.

Boggle....

M

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 8:44 AM

Could you maybe post your display preference settings? Smells a bit as if there is a problem there. "Background draw" is one of the candidates. Try to change that to see whether it makes a difference.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 9:06 AM

I will when I get home this evening. I agree. It feels just like those old Open GL problems one of which was background draw. Thanks for the reply!

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 9:09 AM

The faulse  pirated serial issue will make Vue crash. If you don't crash, then it is something else.

FalseBogus ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 9:16 AM · edited Fri, 06 November 2009 at 9:23 AM

I had sluggish response with smooth shaded previews with my GF8800GT.
Settings views to flat shaded helped a lot with large detailed scenes.

You can try dropping the setting for opengl from settings down from shader 4 too.

[edit]
just tested some more. 
I get rid of the sluggishness by dropping the opengl settings in options.
From opengl 2.1 (shader 4) -> opengl (fixed hardware pipeline)
[/edit]

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 10:07 AM

Mark,

Try updating your Open GL drivers for your card.  I had exactly the same problem you did and after updating my Nvidia driver, the problem went away.

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:03 AM

Thanks guys....I'm gonna do all of the above!   I'm very anxious to play!

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:05 AM

Or you may try not to use the new shader 4 mode but use instead the old standard hardware opengl.

Monsoon ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 7:24 AM

The drivers were key...now we're slick as can be!

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 8:55 AM

Cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.