Wed, Sep 25, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 3:25 PM
Online Now!

odf, I found out why the skin is that rosy, it was my lighting...lol.

After I changed the lights color to a more neutral tone, she looked less red. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 5:59 PM
Online Now!

file_443058.jpg

Okay, wanted show what the texture looks like under neutral lights. :) All the red tone was just my lighting, not her skin tones.

I've added a specular map to the mix and set it at 0.4 which looks fairly good.

Any higher is too glossy and  lower is not enough to show highlights.

The only post-work is on the hair to make it a little wispy on the ends.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 6:14 PM

Looks like the schlera of the eyes are gray. I noticed that using VSS. You might need to tinker with that a bit. Looks good to me.

@ odf--That looks very promising. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that?

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

odf ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 7:10 PM

BluEcho: That's gorgeous. Lovely skin tone.

(On an unrelated note, I've noticed that often your rim lights don't seem to have shadows turned on, which leads to sometimes rather surreal effects.)

JOELGLAINE: I'm trying to morph after a reference and achieve a likeness. It's tough, but it seems like I'm slowly getting somewhere. Anyway, if I forget about the likeness, I think the result looks pretty fetching, so I thought I'd share it.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 9:17 PM

I have no clue who it's supposed to be, but it is 'fetching'. I'd have said cute or beautiful.
Is she so cute, she'd get you to fetch something? Play fetch? Roll over and beg?:laugh: I love English. It is so strange!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 9:22 PM
Online Now!

odf, I'm not sure who she is either but she is cute. :)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 9:25 PM

It's not very likely that you guys would know her.

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:20 AM

file_443082.jpg

> Quote - I have been following this thread with great interest and the work you all have done is amazing.  This may well be the forerunner of an entirely new direction for poserholics.  Purely in the spirit  of constructive criticism, IMHO the eyes and brows are a tad high and the mouth a tad low for the normal female face.  But anyway, this sure is an interesting project.

Dont worry-  the face is almost perfect average - this is the projection of the consensus of 100 females on Antonias face and body - the face is almost perfect - but the eyes are to far appart and not slanted. The body's vertical proportions are ok, but the arms too long and the breasts too high  - in general she is horizontally a little bit too broad.

She is perfect !!!!!!! 

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:20 AM

file_443083.jpg

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:39 AM · edited Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:45 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_443084.jpg

and the back....

All rendered at standard anthropological camera positions and focal length

Sorry forgot the nudity tag for the front

Frisketus ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 1:50 AM

Procrustes - Excellent example and I agree with you completely.  The face you present is artistically and esthetically accurate. Thank you.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:13 AM · edited Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:16 AM
Online Now!

file_443137.png

I finally got all the mc6 and pz2 files finished.

Tomorrow I'll put the files through the Merchant Utility and make sure I got all names and paths correct.
Then it will be ready to upload to you, odf.

Meanwhile a teaser on the texture, full body shots.  :)

I did correct the nipples so they won't be orange/red.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:14 AM
Online Now!

file_443138.png

and a back view...

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:22 AM

oooo Shiny!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 12:25 AM

Shiny indeed!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 9:21 AM
Online Now!

I've readjusted the specular so she isn't that shiny now.
It can be adjusted so she is very shiny or just a bit shiny by adjusting the specular setting.

There is a specular map I made for her that lets some areas on her body shine more than others.

odf, you can fiddle with all that when you get her if you want. :)

I need to get the files in the checker and make a readme, then zip it all up for you.

I'll PM you before I send it cause I need to ask you a few things for the readme.

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 2:21 PM

BlueEcho, I don't think they meant literally shiny, as in too much speularity.
"Ooh shiny" is a colloquialism meaning something like "cool", and I think it's a vague reference to the way some people and animals are attracted to shiny things. ;-)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 3:30 PM

Yes, what Mike said. Also, it's a Browncoats thing.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 10:54 PM

Sorry if I caused confusion, as stated above shiny did not refer to the specular qualities, but rather as odf said, shiny meaning really good.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 1:28 AM
Online Now!

Oh, no confusion.
I just wanted explain that the shiny glossy look can be adjusted for more or less with the specular node.

Glad you think it looks good. :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 4:11 PM

file_443482.jpg

**odf**,

Bug report. There seems to be a problem at the junction of the Toe and BigToe1 when the Toe is rotated to a negative value.

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 4:19 PM

I saw this as well, there is not much tolerance when you rotate the toes. On the other hand: How far is a human able to roate his toes? So all that may be needed here may be limits...

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

odf ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 5:49 PM

Thanks Les! I'll check that.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 6:37 PM · edited Fri, 20 November 2009 at 6:39 PM

file_443494.jpg

SaintFox,

Q: How far is a human able to rotate his toes?

A: A long way, quite a bit further than in the image from my previous post.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 6:53 PM

It's probably just a joint zone thing. It's a tight space and sometimes hard to see when you include bits of a child actor. If all fails I could probably change the grouping of the toes to get a bit more wiggle room (pun not intended, but appreciated), but I hope I won't have to.

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 7:11 PM

Ahhhh... I see that we are talking about different things. You mean all toes at once, right? Yes, of course you are right! I just sat here and tried to twist my big toe - and my big toe didn't rotate one tiny bit 😉 In fact it should be the metatarsals that rotates here, not the toebones themselves. But anyway - I can see that there may be a need for better rotation.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 8:09 PM

Bend is rotation in the X-axis, after all, hence the confusion.  Fingers OR toes do not rotate per se, except along their hinge joints in the X-axis.

Only mobsters can rotate other people's fingers, and usually when they owe money!:laugh:

odf ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2009 at 8:22 PM

Oh, I didn't catch that. Yeah, if by rotate you mean twist, I'll have to agree. :laugh: A little bit of that can sometimes be useful for fingers and toes to compensate for non-perfect axis alignment and such, or poses where the twist would be imposed from the outside, be it by mobsters or unyielding surfaces. But that wasn't the issue here.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 12:54 PM
Online Now!

I just uploaded a text link to the developer's site for my new texture set  that you've seen here.
Please do not post the files publicly yet.
It's okay to do images with it.

odf, she is till available if you want to release her with your finished AP118 model. :)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 9:35 PM

BluEcho: I just tried your materials and they look really great! So rosy and pale, I think they would make an excellent base skin for Antonia.

I had a hard time figuring out which of the many cryptically named files worked, though. Some were referencing texture maps that you didn't include (things with names like "BE4Celene_Antonia" and "BE4AristaODF"). If you want, I can clean all that up and package it to be uploaded with the next Antonia preview. I'd still leave it as a separate download, though, with full credits to you and whichever licensing you want.

Or if you'd rather keep full control over your files, that's fine with me, too.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 10:05 PM
Online Now!

odf, I don't know why it's calling for those textures unless I loaded them previously and disconnected the nodes, forgetting to delete them...sigh.

Yes, please if you will, clean it up and package it if you'd like.
Once you release her, the texture can be distributed publicly as well as a freebie.

That's all fine with me.

Anything with Enh means it has shaders, anything else doesn't.                

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 4:44 PM

I dare to ask: What eye-version will ship with the next official preview of Antonia? I just want to know because I would like some more iris variations for that release and update the texture I already uploaded with them (and the new eyebrows). And I guess we'll stay with Mike's mapping for the future (Antonia116)?

odf ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 5:03 PM

Quote - I dare to ask: What eye-version will ship with the next official preview of Antonia? I just want to know because I would like some more iris variations for that release and update the texture I already uploaded with them (and the new eyebrows). And I guess we'll stay with Mike's mapping for the future (Antonia116)?

My plan for the next preview release is this: the original mapping for the eyes, Mike's for everything else.

I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment motivating myself to do Antonia stuff. Nothing to worry about; it's just that I have two long-term projects to handle at my job, and dealing with a third one after work becomes a bit overwhelming at times. So I'm not quite sure when exactly I'll spring back into full action mode, but I'm hoping to get the next preview out before the end of the year.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 5:42 PM

That was my reason to say "I dare to ask" . Antonia should be a challenging but still fun project and you should write "spare time" to your calendar here and there as well!! So I do as well, and when I have some extra-spare time I will do some more eyes (with the old mapping - version 114, right?!) and add them to the sets I've uploaded so that you are up to date.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 9:03 PM
Online Now!

file_443593.jpg

I'd like to introduce you all to Nicol, My lastest work in process. The face morph is my own work too, using the different morph sets and dials though.

I'll have a couple of texture sets waiting when you release the final version. :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2009 at 12:50 AM

Quote -
My plan for the next preview release is this: the original mapping for the eyes, Mike's for everything else.

I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment motivating myself to do Antonia stuff. Nothing to worry about; it's just that I have two long-term projects to handle at my job, and dealing with a third one after work becomes a bit overwhelming at times. So I'm not quite sure when exactly I'll spring back into full action mode, but I'm hoping to get the next preview out before the end of the year.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, project and work-wise. I'm also going to be doing a good bit of traveling around over the next month or so, what with the Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's holidays and all, and may not be around very much, may not get online here too often.
So I'll repeat again that you have my full permission to use anything and everything I've done for Antonia in the next release - UV maps, morphs, skull caps, whatever you want. I'm just mentioning that because I don't want to hold anything up and if you message or email me about any of that I may not be around to read it.
So I'm once again making it a matter of public record that I agree completely with the whole Creative Commons license and all that good stuff.

Thanks for the texture set BlueEcho! Looks good, and your new one seems to be off on a good start too. :-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2009 at 12:55 AM

Quote - That was my reason to say "I dare to ask" . Antonia should be a challenging but still fun project and you should write "spare time" to your calendar here and there as well!! So I do as well, and when I have some extra-spare time I will do some more eyes (with the old mapping - version 114, right?!) and add them to the sets I've uploaded so that you are up to date.

Yes, that would be version 114, to answer your question.

I wish I had some more spare time. Doesn't seem to be in the cards for me until the beginning of next year though, but I hope to do some more morphs, as well as finish a few things I've started. I've got some clothes for Antonia partially done, as well as a pair of sunglasses, and a few props. I hope I can get back at that stuff soon.
During the whole eye discussion I decided to make  a pair of sunglasses for her, figuring maybe if we can't see her eyes, maybe it wouldn't matter which set she had. ;-)

SaintFox ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2009 at 3:16 AM · edited Mon, 23 November 2009 at 3:19 AM

During the whole eye discussion I decided to make  a pair of sunglasses for her, figuring maybe if we can't see her eyes, maybe it wouldn't matter which set she had. ;-) :laugh:

The upcoming season shouldn't be that stressful!! Over the years I decided that some things can wait and if I have the chance to have a glow wine on a christmasmarket with Leo and some friends I am able to leave some housework or such alone meanwhile. So: We all love this project a lot, I think I love it more than any other 3D work I did so far. But Antonia is patient and can wait for us picking her up again. The holiday season is over very fast  and doesn't wait for us. And as it's the perfect chance to see friends and family...

Leo is mean - he just said that Antonia is part of the family as well meanwhile 😉

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2009 at 11:01 AM

file_443735.jpg

I have come across a very strange, and rather serious issue at the junction between hip and hip2 actors. The image says it all. The figure is in a zeroed pose and IK is off. The only change between the two images was to xRotate the hip by -90 degrees.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2009 at 12:30 PM · edited Wed, 25 November 2009 at 12:40 PM

file_443742.jpg

I'm not sure why the problem with the hip is happening. As every other part (except BODY) is a child or decadent of the hip and moves with it, I would not have expected rotating the hip to have any effect on the action of the  joint parameters. However it seems that it does have an effect.

Without having any real understanding of what is going on here, I note that setting 'Dyn B'  for xRotate to 159.000 in the Joint Editor seems to cure the problem. I don't know if making this change would have any adverse effects in other areas.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2009 at 5:37 AM · edited Thu, 26 November 2009 at 5:41 AM

Good find, Les! Apparently, some bogus joint channels had crept into the CR2. Probably been in there for a long time. For a quick fix, set "bend" to off for the hip actor.

(Actually, I think JOELGLAINE noticed this problem some time ago, but I couldn't quite make sense of it back then and subsequently forgot about it.)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2009 at 5:53 AM

My ability to explain stuff is sometimes impaired, so I dropped the ball on following it up. It was a weird thing and I thought it might have been fixed and forgot it,too.

My mind used to be like a steel trap. Now it's like a steel bar. Just lays there.:laugh:

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2009 at 6:17 AM

Well, it seems like sooner or later, each and every one of my past sins comes back to light. :laugh:

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2009 at 7:19 AM

And they lay there like steel bars.

:laugh:  Stop talking about our sins, or we'll all end up in hell!:lol:

model342 ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 3:36 AM

file_443812.JPG

I´ve experimented with some other values. I think that it should go.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 5:33 AM

Do you know when you will be releasing this figure?

odf ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 5:51 AM

Quote - Do you know when you will be releasing this figure?

Well in a sense, the figure is already released. Part of the joys of open sourcing. 😉 All she's missing is my official "I will keep my fingers off her for some time now" seal and a proper version number with dots in it. There's not really a time line for that. At some point I will either get bored of fixing things or decide that she's as good as she'll ever get. Or maybe people will start a revolt and demand that the prisoners be freed and suchlike.

That said, maybe februarish? But don't quote me on that.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 5:58 AM

OK thanks.

I was thinking of Wardrobe Wizard support but since any minor change to either the mesh or jointing requires that I start over I'll hold off for now.

Regards

Phil

odf ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 6:07 AM

Quote - OK thanks.

I was thinking of Wardrobe Wizard support but since any minor change to either the mesh or jointing requires that I start over I'll hold off for now.

Regards

Phil

Wardrobe Wizard support would be awesome. I'll let you know when I go into mesh and joint freeze.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2009 at 7:45 AM

Thread dated Jan 22, 2006.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2552634

Guess ya started Antonia in 2005 ?
That would be 5 years on the same mesh.
1/2 a Decade.I am thinking you should call
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/

I know she is open sorce for free but you should at least get a medal or something.

Thay just relesed zbrush 3.5R3,it's real fast, you can map in a click of a mouse.
Model,map,texture,pose a character in a day or two.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.