Tue, Oct 22, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Need Help with V4 Glove Joints

lakota ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 9:58 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:22 AM

file_444132.jpg

Hi,

I'm kind of stuck. I made a pair of Gloves and I'm having a real difficult time with the finger joints where they attach to the hand. I'm lost, I don't know if it's my model or my lake of understanding of joints, but it's just not working as well as it should. It conforms ok to v4, just doesn't work as well as I would like.

I need some help
If there is someone who would like to review the obj and cr2, to help fix it, please let me know and I'll send you a link to the zipped runtime file.

chriscox ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 10:06 AM

lakota, I can look at it and see if I can spot any problems.  I'll send you a site mail with my e-mail address.**

Chris Cox

chriscox ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 11:18 AM

file_444137.jpg

OK, I found the problem. The twistX, jointY and jointZ channels in the hands are what are used to deform the hands when the fingers are bent.  However, in these gloves the twistX, jointY and jointZ channels in the hands are missing the line of code, "otherActor", that tells them what part of the body they are controlled by.  When I added the line in for the middle figure on the right had it seem to fix the problem, although you may still need to tweak the JPs.  I'm attaching a picture that shows a couple of the missing lines in V4 and where they should be in the Glooves.

Chris Cox

lakota ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 11:27 AM

Thanks Chris,

I was using WW2 to load morphs, but WW2 doesn't do groves, so I was adding the lines for the fingers into the cr2 it created. Guess I missed a few things,

Thank you for your time.

chriscox ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 11:50 AM

Quote - Thanks Chris,

I was using WW2 to load morphs, but WW2 doesn't do groves, so I was adding the lines for the fingers into the cr2 it created. Guess I missed a few things,

Thank you for your time.

You're welcome,  glad to help

Chris Cox

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.