Mon, Oct 21, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: How many of you will actually use the Daz kids 4 in more than one or two renders

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 4:42 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:37 PM

I have all the previous kids, and hardly every use them, accept around the holidays when I can make cute cards with them. I also do not see kids used that much by anyone, not even the Fairy people. They use Aiko more. I am just curious. Will people be using them much?

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 4:46 PM

Not at all in there present form.
and I use kids more often, than I do Naked Vics.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 5:16 PM

I haven't even downloaded the free ones. I've got better things to waste my hard drive space on...lol.

Laurie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 5:40 PM

I use them almost exclusively, them and Koshini etc.  Sharen

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:25 PM

Well, I grab everything free, LOL!

mike1950 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 9:45 PM

Perhaps for comedy?

Treasurer_and_Battle ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 10:17 PM

I will use them a lot.

mike1950 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 10:17 PM

Pure trash

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:05 PM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:05 PM

Hey, DAZ is bragging at how big of a hit they are. Even have a bunch of PA's telling you they are the best thing since slice bread. Like PA's are going to say anything but.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:22 PM

I thought EVERYTHING Daz makes is the best thing since sliced bread? You mean it's not???!!!

;o)

Laurie

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:41 PM

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:49 PM

So, I take it you are not rapturous over the KidZ4? Me either! They don't bother me either- they seem quiet and well behaved. In fact this is the first time I heard about them.

I am sure there are plenty who will get them. There are many popular "Manga-esque" characters that I will never use-being more into attempted realism-but plenty of people do enjoy them.,

True I would like to see a V5 sooner than later. I would not be surprised if they had one already- just waiting for the average user to be using Intel i7 chips and 512 bit video cards -

So far I don't think I have rendered ANY of the kids- going back 11 years- but then I rarely render Mike either- don't use S3,  V1,2, or 3 anymore for that matter. Just good ole V4.2 and sometimes Jessi "The Conehead" as I think of her. Better with hair! Allyson might be good-

Laylah ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 1:36 AM

I am actually contemplating on returning the kids and all of the content for them as I am very unhappy with them the only thing I was really interested in was the toddler which is yeah not really useful at all in poser, I am not into re-rigging it so I can make one animation with it then put it aside again... so yeah scrapping that project and saving a bunch of money instead!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:26 AM

hmmmm, I am disappointed a little in them, I can return them?  Did not know that.  Sharen

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:43 AM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:44 AM

DAZ is very reasonable about returns within 30 days of purchase. You can get either a voucher to spend there or your money back.

edit for spelling, maybe. Time for a new keyboard. Not that that will help. LOL.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 4:11 AM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 4:15 AM

Since they're free, many will download them and hardly anyone will use them. As with most items, they just end up in a runtime for later use, waiting for the time that you actually need them. Everyone knows that time never comes, but the runtimes just keep on growing.

We all go with the latest hype, it doesn't matter if we need it or not. It's an addiction. We render 1 or 2 images with them, then wonder why we even bought them and move on to the next hype. They will end up like the Mil3 kids...... only few use them and everyone begs for new ones. when the nex ones arrives, the same thing happens again. Only few will use the Mil4 kids, everyone will be begging for the Mil5 kids when the time comes.

DAZ just keeps on releasing crap..... everyone buys, lot's complain, but when new crap is released, we all buy again. Never sending DAZ a substantial message, just letting them release whatever crap they like and buying it regardless of how good or bad it is. People should really start sending DAZ a message, especially Poser users, stop treating us this way and please stop releasing badly done figures. A good boycott may sent a good wake up call to DAZ. But we all know that will never happen........ we're addicted too much :-)

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Coleman ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 4:24 AM

The content support for these kids from the get go is fantastic... but the kids themselves look weird and would need a lot of user adjustment to make them look like kids and not small scaled V4 and M4.... in my opinion.

But again... the content available for them out of the gate is fantastic... much better than in past kids releases

hoplaa ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 6:55 AM

Quote - I thought EVERYTHING Daz makes is the best thing since sliced bread? You mean it's not???!!!

Every new product is the best thing since sliced bread according to the marketing department, no matter who is selling and what. It's their friggin' job.

If you must insist on trolling, at the very least you could put some real effort into it.

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 7:26 AM

Okay my turn to "troll".  I never purchase the latest and greatest .  That includes cars, software, homes and getting in on the "GOLD" purchasing craze.  I let other folks beta test the stuff first and in a few years, I might purchase it--maybe except the GOLD craze--never.  Jan

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:34 AM

Quote - > Quote - I thought EVERYTHING Daz makes is the best thing since sliced bread? You mean it's not???!!!

Every new product is the best thing since sliced bread according to the marketing department, no matter who is selling and what. It's their friggin' job.

If you must insist on trolling, at the very least you could put some real effort into it.

Oh, apparently you just haven't been around as long as some of us, or you'd recognize sarcasm.

Laurie

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:57 AM

Hey Laurie, want me to beat him over the head with my 3D digital stone axe? :biggrin:
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:05 AM

Quote - Hey Laurie, want me to beat him over the head with my 3D digital stone axe? :biggrin:
dph

NO! LOL.  I have a board with nails in it for just that purpose ;o).

Seriously though hoplaa, those of us who have been around since Daz started and know all the history know where my sarcasm comes from. I even poke fun at myself with that comment that I made, because I used to buy every damn figure they released, whether I needed it or not before I became a little more discriminating in what I spent my money on. We were ALL Daz poor at some point ;o). Of course, then Daz used to support Poser because Poser supported them. Seems they don't feel that way anymore...

Laurie

hoplaa ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I thought EVERYTHING Daz makes is the best thing since sliced bread? You mean it's not???!!!

Oh, apparently you just haven't been around as long as some of us, or you'd recognize sarcasm.

I did recognize the sarcasm, otherwise I wouldn't have had any reason to react to it. I just saw it as flame bait. It's just all this accusatory nonsense getting on my nerves.

Anyway, it was an over reaction on my part, and I apologize.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:40 AM

Don't apologize. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else.

Laurie

Thetis ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:45 AM

file_451366.jpg

I have the free base and the smaller pack (morphs, some clothes and characters).

It is a small child of no more than 4 years. There are no morphs (or other cr2s) included to depict other ages like a 6 or 8 year old child. These would have so very different proportions all over, you can't just scale them. Somehow I had expected to get just that, children from about 4 to about 8 years old. Dumb old me.

So, if you need a Kindergartenchild, the Kid4 maybe right. But I won't try to send it to school, it maybe get laughed at and suffer severe personality damages. ;)

I'm thinking about returning the pack I paid for. But on the other hand, the included hairstyles (fitting other figures too) alone maybe worth keeping it. But why do I complain. I never used the 'old' kids either. Coming to think of that now, they weren't looking all bad ... the old ones. And they may do well for the actual image I  intend to make with a 10 year old girl and boy in it.  ;)

BTW, Corvas' abilities are needed again. The K4 has the same armpit problem as the other Gen4 people. ;)

hoplaa ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:52 AM

Quote - Don't apologize. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else.

Right, well excuse me for wanting to be civil. I can see how this must seem very unusual behavior around here.

See, I can do this too ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 9:59 AM

Actually, I was being sincere. But I see now you're baiting. I'm done.

Laurie

hoplaa ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 10:07 AM

Quote - Actually, I was being sincere. But I see now you're baiting. I'm done.

You know what I wrote after that smiley emoticon, but edited out?

"Please don't take this seriously"

Sometimes I hate forums and the lack of cues for meaning and intent.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 10:10 AM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 10:10 AM

Um, yea, it is true that there's no way one can really interpret one's meaning from typed text. I guess I'm the one should be sorry now ;o). I apologize.

Now, what was this thread about? lol. Oh yes...Daz Kids4...

Laurie

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:03 AM

I actually had big plans for the kids...and am kind of let down that if I want to use them properly, I HAVE TO use DS.  sigh

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 12:23 PM

I might use the doll-type morphs for art projects, but otherwise, most unlikely that I'd be using the Kids 4 for much else.

Eternal Hobbyist

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 12:33 PM

Much as I've tried to use D|S, I just can't get around it in a way that I can do anything fruitful ;o). I'm stuck with Poser, love it or hate it...lol. At least there I kinda, sorta know what I'm doing. I think...lol.

Laurie

Treasurer_and_Battle ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 12:42 PM

I've never been tempted to get Studio - Poser works for me and I don't want to spend time learning new software - I just don't see the point.  I'd rather spend time learning new tricks in Poser than re-learning in Studio things I already can do in Poser.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 12:57 PM

I do have DS installed, but I'm not enjoying it at all. The only reason I do have it is to make sure my products are DS compatible. As a vendor I do find it a lot of hassle having to make sure everything works in Poser and DS. I'm creating for Poser, but since a lot of DS users like to toon items I do create as well, I'm forced to learn an application I would never use myself. I'm so happy every time I can exit DS and return to good old Poser.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

DAZ_George ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Much as I've tried to use D|S, I just can't get around it in a way that I can do anything fruitful ;o). I'm stuck with Poser, love it or hate it...lol. At least there I kinda, sorta know what I'm doing. I think...lol.

Laurie

Hey Laurie!

I would love to hear what you would like to see in a new DAZ Studio, even GUI wise ;)  We are open for feedback always! Feel free to PM me or Hak over at DAZ and share.  We are collecting ideas and customer feedback for future and current versions.

~G

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:17 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:20 PM

I don't think it's a question of GUI so much as my brain just not wanting to relearn in another program what I've already learned in Poser...lol. In Poser, I know where to go right away, what to do. In D|S I'd have to relearn all that and there's a mental block there. I have worked with DSA, but it's so slow for me to come round to that it just wasn't practical since I have so many other things going on right now, both in RL and modeling/content wise ;o). Very definitely the hardest part were the materials and surfaces. Nothing like Poser...so much so that I was totally lost.

If only 3D programs were more like 2D programs, which all work in a somewhat similar way - at least enough to get by, but 3D programs are so diverse...lol.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:28 PM

Also, I have a LOT of years invested in Poser, not just to mention the expense. It took me a long, long time to learn my way around. I like it now and I like the way it works, even the parts that drive me nuts ;o).

Laurie

DAZ_George ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:29 PM

Oh yes thats a good one, a material room thats more than sliders and drop downs. Maybe a little more visual.  Hey thanks, let me put that on the list. ;)

As for the Topic, I'll say yes, very much so, some of the outfits and hairs out now are too cute ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2045009

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:14 PM

I definitely will never learn ds just for their limiting content. I like Poser and will stay with Poser regardless of daz  cracking the whip.

As for hairs/outfits, if it's not made for Poser I dont buy.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:25 PM

Attached Link: Just a quick Carrara test.

BTW the Toddler is not DAZ Studio only. :)

Further People were claiming that Poser Pro 2010 fixed the scaling bug that affects the Toddler, Freak 4, and Apollo. If SM doesn't want to put that fix into Poser 8 as well, how is that DAZ3D's fault?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:27 PM

"If SM doesn't want to put that fix into Poser 8 as well, how is that DAZ3D's fault?"

who says they don't? there's a SR coming for P8...

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:30 PM

Quote - "If SM doesn't want to put that fix into Poser 8 as well, how is that DAZ3D's fault?"

who says they don't? there's a SR coming for P8...

Good. It is about time this bug was addressed. :)

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:37 PM

Well, I have perfectly good Mill 3 kids to use, plus the old millenium kids that also work ok. Why waste money on kids 4. For what reason?

DAZ_George ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:40 PM

DAZ QA and Smith Micro QA to worked together closely to find a solution for the scaling issue in Poser.  This fix is going to be rolled back to Poser 8 most likely in the service release. This is a great example of two sides coming together for the customers. ;)

~G 

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:44 PM

oh no. please. talk normally.. not in salestalk.. teeth on edge please I beg of you... I come in here to get away from that sobs nooooooooooo

runs for safety

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:45 PM

Poser scaling is not broken, its ds who changed.

And Poser users you heard it directly from daz_dave up there, are their motives for not supporting Poser and their intentions for Poser users still in doubt?  Not for me.

DAZ_George ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:45 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:47 PM

Lol ok no problem Kaibach. I usually abhor it too ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:48 PM

Quote - oh no. please. talk normally.. not in salestalk.. teeth on edge please I beg of you... I come in here to get away from that sobs nooooooooooo

runs for safety

giggle ;o)

Laurie

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:52 PM

Quote - Poser scaling is not broken, its ds who changed.

Tell that to Anton's Apollo. (Not the only Non-DAZ figure it affects, just the most obvious.) 

BTW if it isn't broken why did SM fix it for Poser Pro 2010?

Quote - And Poser users you heard it directly from daz_dave up there, are their motives for not supporting Poser and their intentions for Poser users still in doubt?  Not for me.

I am confused, got a link? I don't see a daz_dave post.

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 3:57 PM

perhaps for the conforming clothing.

Poser scaling is far superior anyway, so ds can just move on IMO.

Antonia scales much better than any daz figure ever did, and does it in Poser and ds.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 4:01 PM

Quote - perhaps for the conforming clothing.

Which is exactly the bug that causes F4 and the Toddler not to work correctly. Without clothing they work just fine. The Conforming Clothing is the issue.

As for scaling, I disagree as to which works better, but that is just an opinion, and we are both entitled to those. :) 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.