Tue, Oct 22, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 7:56 PM

Okay, so no one else has had a problem with the hand pose injections in Artisticheat's poses for Antonia.  Got it.

Thank you for your assistance in the matter.

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:13 PM

Quote - Okay, so no one else has had a problem with the hand pose injections in Artisticheat's poses for Antonia.  Got it.

I don't seem to have these poses.  Where did you download them?  I'll try them and see if I can figure out what's going on, if you can tell me where to get them.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:14 PM

Quote - Okay, so no one else has had a problem with the hand pose injections in Artisticheat's poses for Antonia.  Got it.

Sorry, forgot to reply. As far as I remember, I haven't even tried those poses. The fact that they came as an .exe files was a bit disencouraging, I guess. I've never even heard of those files that it was missing, so I assume they would have come as part of the package, and something went wrong in the installation process. I think your best bet is probably to contact Artistheat directly and ask him about it.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:39 PM

Thalek, I'm sorry my heaqds been kind of fuzzy lately and I didn't know which poses you meant.

but now that i checked, yes there are two poses that won't work for me.

not sure why.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:46 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:49 PM

Okay, I installed the Artistheat poses and tried them out. Apparently, the missing files are not supplied with the package. They might have existed in some antediluvian version of Antonia (you know, more than a year old or so), but  so far I haven't been able to find any traces. One way to make those poses work is to edit the pz2 files and remove all lines starting with 'readScript'. Another would, supposedly, be to provide some dummy files that they could read.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:51 PM

Dummy files, yes, I've done that a few times on pz2 files that were missing or calling for wrong files.
Better than having Poser hang or go crazy. lol.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 10:59 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:06 PM

Quote - I've done a remapping of the Antonia 122 brow overlay, duplicating the 118 version with the scaling and placement of the existing 122 version.  Dunno if this is useful at all.  :lol:  

It could be useful, but we'd have to make sure we still have room for the lashes, as the brow overlays and lashes are mapped together on the same square.

I'm still not quite sure whether to change anything or just put a warning for texture makers in the README (or on the Wiki). My approach at making custom brows would probably be to draw the outlines on the figure in a 3d drawing program, export the result as a texture and use it as a guide for placement. So unless I was being extremely lazy, I wouldn't care about the slight extra rotation because I would likely position each brow individually, anyway.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 10:59 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:03 PM

file_451421.txt

The attached is a fix for the "point at" problem in Antonia 0.9.122's eyes.

D'uh, that was embarrassingly easy. All I had to do was place the eyes cover centers a little bit in front of the eye centers. The end points are only used (or needed) for actors that don't have children, which is why they stopped working in the eyes as soon as I added the eye covers. Since the eye covers do not bend,  I can put their centers wherever I want.

facepalm

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:23 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:24 PM

Quote - It could be useful, but we'd have to make sure we still have room for the lashes, as the brow overlays and lashes are mapped together on the same square.

I'm still not quite sure whether to change anything or just put a warning for texture makers in the README (or on the Wiki). My approach at making custom brows would probably be to draw the outlines on the figure in a 3d drawing program, export the result as a texture and use it as a guide for placement. So unless I was being extremely lazy, I wouldn't care about the slight extra rotation because I would likely position each brow individually, anyway.

The lashes are not impacted at all by the change to the UV's.

The trouble with the slight rotation and/or change in proportion of some of the UV's, from my perspective, is that I can't draw my own brows.  :lol:  I've tried, and I can't make my Wacom do hair very well, no matter what.  So I have to paste together bits from existing textures, to customize brows or lashes at all.  And if the brow overlay UV's are skewed, it's much harder to get halfway decent (even passable) results.  I know, from much experience with bad UV's on props I've made myself.  :lol:

Something like this remapped head could be made available with a geom-swap pose to insert it and another pose to restore the default head.  Phantom3D's Brad is going to make extensive use of that kind of trick.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:30 PM

Well, I don't mind including the remapped brow covers in the official figure, as long as everyone's okay with it and it doesn't create too much work for me. Do you have a low-poly version, as well? Because I will need one.

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:42 PM

Quote - Well, I don't mind including the remapped brow covers in the official figure, as long as everyone's okay with it and it doesn't create too much work for me. Do you have a low-poly version, as well? Because I will need one.

I can make one, if you want it.  It's late here, now, so I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow, but I'm happy to do it.  :thumbupboth:

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 5:56 AM

You guys are doing sterling work here, I can understand various bits and pieces. Still, I have complete faith that you all know what you're doing and the end result will be the best it can be.

CHEERS!

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:16 AM · edited Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:18 AM

Oomph! It turns out that even with my 'fix', the 'point at' for the eyes only works if Antonia doesn't move a muscle between the hip and the head. Not very useful! So I'll take the eye cover actors out again, and we'll inject the bagginsbill eyes in the conventional way as smart props.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 11:20 AM

So this means that Antonia 1 will have BB eyes as standard!?

CHEERS!

Logic23 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 12:19 PM

Nice job Odf, I only wish that I could model like that, but alas I have not the motivation.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:54 PM

file_451452.jpg

I've completed the brows material remapping for Antonia-121-lo and uploaded Antonia-121_brow_remap.zip to the Dev Site, for consideration.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 4:08 PM

I'm wondering if someone can do a pubic hair trans map?

The way the mapping is makes it difficult to do an unshaven look for Toni. :)

On the original figure (114 thru 116) her pubic parts were on the body map, not separate.

Thalek ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:45 PM · edited Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:47 PM

Quote - Okay, I installed the Artistheat poses and tried them out. Apparently, the missing files are not supplied with the package. They might have existed in some antediluvian version of Antonia (you know, more than a year old or so), but  so far I haven't been able to find any traces. One way to make those poses work is to edit the pz2 files and remove all lines starting with 'readScript'. Another would, supposedly, be to provide some dummy files that they could read.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I use P3DO D3D's Poser Organizer for many of my diagnostics, and it was P3DO that first spotted the missing injection files problem.

Thanks again,

John

Edited to add:

There were problems with three of the poses:  upset, carry, and waiting.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 7:17 PM

Yes, carry and waiting were the ones I had problems with.
I never tried upset pose.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:12 PM

Quote - So this means that Antonia 1 will have BB eyes as standard!?

No, it means that the likelihood of the BB eyes being built into Antonia 1 is ever decreasing. If I understand BB correctly, he's happy to make them available for Antonia as a separate free item under a separate licence, which is most likely what will happen.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:13 PM

Quote - Nice job Odf, I only wish that I could model like that, but alas I have not the motivation.

Motivation is a strange and dangerous beast. It sneaks up on you, grips you and sucks you dry. :laugh:

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:16 PM

Quote - I've completed the brows material remapping for Antonia-121-lo and uploaded Antonia-121_brow_remap.zip to the Dev Site, for consideration.

Excellent! If I hear no protests, I'll include that in the next version.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:23 PM · edited Sat, 17 April 2010 at 8:32 PM

Quote - I'm wondering if someone can do a pubic hair trans map?

The way the mapping is makes it difficult to do an unshaven look for Toni. :)

On the original figure (114 thru 116) her pubic parts were on the body map, not separate.

I think a prop for transmapped pubic hair could be very useful.

Have you looked at existing pubic hair props? I think jules53757 made one for an older version of Antonia, and there are number of free ones for Vickies and such floating around. I assume it shouldn't be too hard to make those work for the current Antonia with some magnets.

Edit: I just checked on the developers site. The prop made by Ulli (a.k.a. Jules) is under texture sets.

If none of those are satisfactory, I could easily make a simple prop to put the texture on. Just let me know.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 9:58 PM · edited Sat, 17 April 2010 at 9:59 PM

Quote - If none of those are satisfactory, I could easily make a simple prop to put the texture on. Just let me know.

The whole pubic area moves somewhat, because of the JCM's.  I'd assume that any pubic hair prop would need to work with the joint morphs, so the hair doesn't slip around when her legs move.  :lol:  Although that could be interesting, in a way.

I guess it might depend on the shape and placement of the prop.  If you want the potential for completely anatomically-correct hair just from the prop, the JCM's will throw in more interference.  If you just want the standard trimmed-up wedge, less so, but there might still be issues.

Or so I assume, based on having had to study that area far too much, with the shorts.  :lol:

Errm.  Am I mistaken?  😕

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 10:16 PM

Quote -
The whole pubic area moves somewhat, because of the JCM's.  I'd assume that any pubic hair prop would need to work with the joint morphs, so the hair doesn't slip around when her legs move.  :lol: 

Yes, I think some way of adjusting the prop when the legs are posed might come in handy. How sophisticated that has to be probably depends on the particular hair style and whether one does animations.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 10:23 PM

Well my problem is because, unlike v4, the pubic area does not have it's own material zone.
so I can't create just a texture map for it.
And the way it is cut from the body on the existing map makes it hard to place hair correctly.

Maybe a simple prop so she can have just a tad bit of hair there?

Now I need to get back to trying to make a pz2 file for a set of custom face and body morphs for V4.
For some reason I can't get either one to work and not even a full body morph.
Even tried it with SVDL's python...sigh.
I am getting so forgetful, I've done this before.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 11:32 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_451469.txt

Well, attached is a little multi-purpose patch to cover up Antonia's privates. It could be used for transmapped pubic hair, for growing dynamic hair on, as the basis for a panty mesh, or for any other purpose that requires covering up that area. I've kept it pretty close to Antonia's mesh, particularly at the boundary, so you might have to pull it down and forward a bit if you want to make her a rather extensive lady garden.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 12:14 AM

thank you so much. :)

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 7:07 AM · edited Sun, 18 April 2010 at 7:18 AM

file_451502.jpg

Hi odf,

I think I've found a bug in Antonia 122 during the process of improving the beach volleyball top.  The top doesn't contain any JCM at this point.  It seems to work fine.  When Antonia in the pose: abdomen bend 60, there is a poke through on the left size but not on the right size, see the attach picture.  I tried to find out why but don't know why it happened.

The latest test version of the beach volleyball top can be found at my Google site for Antonia http://sites.google.com/site/amyaimei/antonia, the file name is AntoniaBVTop-20100418.zip

odf ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 7:26 AM · edited Sun, 18 April 2010 at 7:27 AM

That might be the effect of an obscure Poser bug. We've been through this some time ago. Load a figure in zero pose and load the corresponding obj file. Then look very closely. The figure is deformed with respect to the obj file, and the deformation is asymmetric. It is stronger for some figures than for others, but I haven't been able to figure out why. When you pose the figure, even symmetrically, the deformation gets stronger. Apparently, this has been brought up with Smith Micro (pjz99 was very eager to make them fix it), but I don't know the status.

I think DAZ Studio doesn't have this bug. If the same problem shows up there, it could be something in Antonia.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 10:27 AM · edited Sun, 18 April 2010 at 10:28 AM

I can't test it in DS right now, but I'm inclined to think it's a Poser thing based on the behaviour of the mirror function with the morphing tool (even in a perfectly symmetrical figure, when you mirror x, the mirrored side has varying degrees of distortion. I haven't tested the y or z mirror.)

On a side note, if I'm making custom morphs that require both sides of the face to be morphed but different and I want to do a reversed version, is there a way to swap the whole shebang at once? For example, a bite lip morph which requires the lips to be distorted on both sides of the mouth at the same time in order to look correct. I'm trying to get around doing it the long way. ;-)

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 1:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - So this means that Antonia 1 will have BB eyes as standard!?

No, it means that the likelihood of the BB eyes being built into Antonia 1 is ever decreasing. If I understand BB correctly, he's happy to make them available for Antonia as a separate free item under a separate licence, which is most likely what will happen.

Thanks ODF, looking forward to whatever does emerge.

CHEERS"!

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 2:48 PM

Quote - On a side note, if I'm making custom morphs that require both sides of the face to be morphed but different and I want to do a reversed version, is there a way to swap the whole shebang at once? For example, a bite lip morph which requires the lips to be distorted on both sides of the mouth at the same time in order to look correct. I'm trying to get around doing it the long way. ;-)

Morph mirroring and flipping script

The script at the link may help.  A "mirrored" morph will be symmetrical on both sides.  A "flipped" morph will have left and right sides swapped.  The flip feature can also be used to flip morphs between symmetrical actors on either side of X, like left and right arms or legs.

I wrote it to try to help when preparing JCM's on the hip2 actor for Antonia.  Being able to flip the morphs can be very useful.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 4:00 PM

Thank you sooo much! :D

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 4:30 PM

Re: The brow UVs.

Quote - I'm still not quite sure whether to change anything or just put a warning for texture makers in the README (or on the Wiki).

My gut feeling is, if it's wrong, fix it. Better to fix things at this stage than be stuck with something that may cause problems way into the future.

P.S.
I'm on the read for a few days. I hope to be back to my own PC and Poser by this coming weekend.

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quote - That might be the effect of an obscure Poser bug...

I think DAZ Studio doesn't have this bug. If the same problem shows up there, it could be something in Antonia.

I'm using DAZ Studio 3.0.1.144.  The picture I attached is a screen shot from DAZ Studio, not Poser.

If anyone want someone to test Antonia or related items in DAZ Studio, I can help.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 11:09 PM

Quote -
I'm using DAZ Studio 3.0.1.144.  The picture I attached is a screen shot from DAZ Studio, not Poser.

Darn! Next question: are you sure this is an actual asymmetry and not just an artifact of the display? I see that in Poser all the time: in the preview it looks like there's poke-through, but when I actually render, everything's fine.

I'll go through Antonia's rigging again and see if I can find anything fishy, but in the meantime any help isolating the problem would be appreciated. For example: is the asymmetry in the posed figure, the clothing or both?

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 11:13 PM

Quote - I see that in Poser all the time: in the preview it looks like there's poke-through, but when I actually render, everything's fine.

That does really happen a lot in Poser, particularly if you're using the wireframe view.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 12:28 AM · edited Mon, 19 April 2010 at 12:33 AM

New Antonia render in my gallery using the eyeliner, blush, and lip overlays (layer2 in the lips2 set, unaltered) :

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2047145

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 2:36 AM

Very nice indeed!

CHEERS!

amy_aimei ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 6:58 AM · edited Mon, 19 April 2010 at 7:00 AM

Good news!  I have found the fixes to the problem I've found the issue at the abdomen of Antonia 122, the spherical falloff zones are off-center.

I modified the jointX of the abdomen, I moved it back to x=0 and increase the x scale to 0.1 (10%), it works.  The following is the modified section of Antonia 122's abdomen jointX.  

jointX jointx<br></br>
            {<br></br>
            name
jointx<br></br>
            initValue
0<br></br>
            hidden
1<br></br>

forceLimits 0<br></br>
            min
-100000<br></br>
            max
100000<br></br>

trackingScale 1<br></br>
            keys<br></br>

{<br></br>

static  0<br></br>

k  0  0<br></br>

}<br></br>

interpStyleLocked 0<br></br>
            algorithm
0<br></br>
            angles
-129.54 147.938 45.083 -23.64<br></br>
            otherActor
hip:1<br></br>

matrixActor NULL<br></br>
            center 0
0.449 -0.01<br></br>
            algorithm
0<br></br>

sphereMatsRaw<br></br>

<u><strong>0.1</strong></u> 0 0 0<br></br>
            0 0.147857
-0.0253961 0<br></br>
0.0199794 0.116321 0<br></br>

<u><strong>0</strong></u> 0.583747 0.00252754 1<br></br><br></br><strong>           
<u>0.1</u></strong> 0 0 0<strong><br></br></strong>   
        0 0.199848 -0.0104668 0<br></br>
0.00523344 0.0999251 0<br></br>

<u><strong>0</strong></u> 0.481927 -0.0147087 1<br></br>
            doBulge
1<br></br>

posBulgeLeft 0.055<br></br>

posBulgeRight -0.035<br></br>

negBulgeLeft -0.05<br></br>

negBulgeRight 0.05<br></br>
            jointMult
1<br></br>

calcWeights<br></br>

}<br></br>

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 7:21 AM

sazzyazzca, that is beautiful work you've don eon her.
The portrait is excellent.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 7:39 AM

Quote - Good news!  I have found the fixes to the problem I've found the issue at the abdomen of Antonia 122, the spherical falloff zones are off-center.

I modified the jointX of the abdomen, I moved it back to x=0 and increase the x scale to 0.1 (10%), it works.  The following is the modified section of Antonia 122's abdomen jointX.  

Ah, that's a relief! Excellent work! I guess now I'll have to go check the other settings as well.

According to phantom3D, there's some bug in older Poser versions (pre-8) that messes with the spherical falloff zones. Since part of the original rigging was done in P6, this might be a relic of that. I've corrected all the angles and centers at some point, but apparently forgot those spheres.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 7:56 AM

Thank you BluEcho! :D

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 9:48 AM

I think most men need to check their spherical falloff zones from time to time!

CHEERS!

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 10:19 AM · edited Mon, 19 April 2010 at 10:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - Good news!  I have found the fixes to the problem I've found the issue at the abdomen of Antonia 122, the spherical falloff zones are off-center.

Ah, that's a relief! Excellent work! I guess now I'll have to go check the other settings as well.

According to phantom3D, there's some bug in older Poser versions (pre-8) that messes with the spherical falloff zones. Since part of the original rigging was done in P6, this might be a relic of that. I've corrected all the angles and centers at some point, but apparently forgot those spheres.

Very true. I am having an awfull time trying to find a fix or work around. It's especially bad on the shoulders, for Brad anyway, and its arbitrary, some times it shows up and sometimes it doesn't while rigging, but once it does creep in it stays.
I have found that once you set the falloff zones by hand to be symetrical and save it to the library that way, the figure will load with symetry from the library. But if you use the symetry function from the drop down on the figure it moves the fallof zones on the right side. Also sometimes the hip gets slightly shifted  by 0.00022 in the X (thats the number for Brad) This does not always happen with the hip only after repeated use.
SM has fixed this in P8 and PP 2010 but in prior versions not. I have tried locking the falloff zones but this only messes them up badly. I am still investigating for a cause, but I am not very good with code so I dont know.
pjz99 knows about this bug, but I dont think he ever found a fix either.

Edit:  With the falloff zones from left to right it actually flips the right falloff zones by 180 degrees. And on the hip move it actually moves the joint center (not good) but only once in a while.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 2:53 PM

Quote - Good news!  I have found the fixes to the problem I've found the issue at the abdomen of Antonia 122, the spherical falloff zones are off-center.

Good detective work amy_aimei!  

I noiticed what seemed to be  small asymetry in the forearms, but am away from home at the moment, so can't provide details.

Thalek ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 4:49 PM

Brilliant job, Amy!

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:31 AM

I think I'm almost ready for the 0.9.123 release, although I haven't managed to get all the changes in that I was planning for. But it's been a while, and the new hand shapes and thumb rigging deserve to get a good workout. I've merged in lesbentley's improved head JPs and the symmetrised brow cover UVs that Cage was nice enough to provide. I've also renamed the "oldUVs" variants to "A". So it's Antonia-123.cr2 vs. Antonia-123A.cr2 and so on now. Since I'm determined to keep both UV mappings around, there's really no point in pretending that one variant is obsolete. We'll just all have to write good Readme files. 😉

The thumb still needs some JCMs, which I'll probably do after this release. I'll fix the asymmetry in the abdomen falloff zone that amy_aimei found, but a systematic search for further symmetry problems will also have to wait. Slow progress, but we're getting there.

Anyway, I think it will probably happen this weekend.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:39 AM

Yay, that'll give me something to do!

CHEERS!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.