Thu, Sep 19, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: problem with applying textures to lwo files after importing to poserpro

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 8:26 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:22 PM

i have no trouble importing now working in the mat room and nodes and such- but the textures dont seem to show- any suggestions?
thanx in advance

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 8:32 AM
Online Now!

Do you have a screencap of your material room set up?

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 9:51 AM

i will get one- thanx for responding

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:08 AM

file_452478.jpg

the car parts are in a language i dont know but through color testing i found the right part and jpeg for that part

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:10 AM

file_452479.jpg

file size issues sorry

Medzinatar ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:29 AM

Poser only imports LWO up to version 5.6
Those versions do not support UV mapping, so you can only see colors and not textures properly

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:37 AM

so you are saying- my poserpro is a higher version? i am not familar with lwo or importing there in- just needed a police car and there were what i found. i tried exporting as a obj and then appling the tex then but same result

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:44 AM
Online Now!

If that is the case, probably running the LWO file through PoserRay could generate the UVMapping necessary for texturing.  Or exporting the LWO model as an OBJ and reimporting.  However, you still may need a UVMapping of the mesh.  The free version UVMapper can serve that purpose.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:46 AM

The most likely cause is that the geometry isn't UV mapped.

You could try one of the other mapping modes on the image node and see if you can adjust the offsets and scales to get the texture into position (this is the equivalent of LW's objectspace mapping).

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:55 AM

might seem like a novice question but what is poserRay- i did notice on a nothing forum someone had to do that- import to poserRay and then export the object, the result was stellar i have tryied a few ops but none are taking

btw thank you all for the help

Medzinatar ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 11:05 AM

Quote - so you are saying- my poserpro is a higher version? i am not familar with lwo or importing there in- just needed a police car and there were what i found. i tried exporting as a obj and then appling the tex then but same result

So my language not so good sometime, I try again;

Poser only can import Lightwave Objects up to Lightwave version 5.6, those versions do not have UV mapping only object space mapping.  You have to convert the LWO file to some other format and UV map it.  Straight forward way is convert to OBJ and use some UV mapping application, there are many and most modeling programs contain one also 

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 11:15 AM

(thank you for explaining it again- btw ya english is fine chances are it is me) yeah i am noticing that-plus i have located poserRay but seems it has not been tested in winos it is worth a try about to look into some uvmapping proggies- and if it ends up being to much effort for this, which ironically is to sever a bg filler then i will take the texture loss- not a big deal.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 11:32 AM
Online Now!

Poser Ray is a free conversion program originally developed for Vray, but has the capability to convert different model formats, their textures and generate UV Mapping.  There is a small learning curve, but it is intuitive and you can have quick results under 30 minutes.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 1:09 PM

file_452486.jpg

yes poserRay beta worked like a charm- ty you all

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 1:19 PM
Online Now!

You're welcome.  Glad it worked for you.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 1:22 PM

"Poser Ray is a free conversion program originally developed for Vray"

cough poseray was developed for converting to POVray....cough

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 3:31 PM
Online Now!

Thank you, Kaibach, for the correction.  Much appreciated.  Now, you should have someone look into your cough =)

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 6:40 PM

another solution is to ask someone with Lightwave to do a conversion for you. That depends a lot on where you got the model. Its often easier to find another model at turbosquid or sharecg thats in a better format.

darquevision ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2010 at 9:46 AM

the lwo importing is still brand new but this poser ray is very handy and ultra fast- plus the quality of the object i need(well needed) did not have to be high- given it was scene filler.
however i am going to check out that turbosquid right now

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.