Sun, Sep 22, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: windows to mac

kenai ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 4:03 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

I have daz installation programs for millinium dragon for windows, is it possible to install on my mac, or can I install on my laptop pc and move the runtime folders across to the mac?

thanks

kenai

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 8:38 AM

The installer won't run on a Mac, except possibly through something like WINE/Crossover Office, but you can copy the files from your laptop. At worst you will need to use P3DO to convert the rsr thumbnails to pngs before doing so, or to live without thumbnails, but the working files are cross platform. Remember when transferring that Macs don't merge folders so you can't just drag the Runtime from the laptop into your mac content folder - you need to move files, or folders that aren't already on the Mac, individually.

kenai ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 8:42 AM

thanks for your advice I have just copied the runtime files and most of the dragon seem to work accept when I try to add beard or additional items to dragon, they come out really big and will not fit to dragon?

thanks

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 11:43 AM

You can also re-download the installer from your "DAZ Account" page. Do a reset on the item in your purchase history and turn on the option to show Mac files in your "available downloads" page. That way you'll have the Mac installer.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2010 at 2:09 PM

Poser and DS handle scaling of conformed/fitted items differently - the Dragon add-ons are set for Poser and so have the dragon's scaling applied, in DS you need to clear that as it will be inherited from the figure (so you are currently getting two lots of scaling on the add-ons). Select the figures and in the Parameter palette (View>Tabs>Parameters) option-click on the scale parameters to restore them to 100%

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 4:13 AM

richard - your advice is normally so spot on and fantastic.  I was surprised when you said " The installer won't run on a Mac, except possibly through something like WINE/Crossover Office" rather than tell him to just download the installer again and this time select the mac version.  DAZ always gives us both versions.  You probably forgot because you can elect not to see the mac downloads in your account page.
the wine/crossover way would have introduced him to a world of pain.  I have winebottler working well for a couple of things morphing cloth and good enough for morph manager too.  But crossover got me clother (only after help from the crossover people who gave me a special file to make it work), and I have not been able to get crossdresser working at all.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:58 AM

Sorry, I can't recall now but I think I must have been taking it to one of the old installers that needed Classic to run.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:12 AM

I've forgotten about classic it has been so long ago.
It's okay - you normally know everything and are completely spot on. i was just surprised.  Sort of like finding superman can be hurt with kryptonite.
Love esther

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 2:00 PM

Hmm, I don't think I want to visualise myself in a leotard....

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:31 PM

don't worry - I will protect your secret identity.  Only me and a handful of renderosity folk know the truth.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.