Fri, Jul 19, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 19 11:16 am)

Subject: Poll--I still use V3 alot?

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi Sam;
Posette has problems, but she's still a joy to work with, especially when compared to all the others.
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 8:03 PM

V3's arm/knee pit bends can be hidden most times.  But V4's big eyes are harder to hide.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 8:45 PM

Quote - V3's arm/knee pit bends can be hidden most times.  But V4's big eyes are harder to hide.

Scale dials work wonders for 'em.  But yes, they should have been made right to start with.

Also, she looks worryingly like David Walliams, IMO.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 6:10 AM

Quote - Also, she [V4] looks worryingly like David Walliams, IMO.

snort Pass the tissues, somebody... :lol:

I've been using V4 a bit recently, because I wanted to use some products that had been made for her and that was the easiest route. Although I like her facial expressions, on the whole I still prefer V3; maybe because I like to use the same virtual model and I've settled on a V3 character that I get on with.

On the other hand, I do intend to try employing some of the lesser-used figures a bit more often: Miki, SP3, Judy, Olivia...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 10:44 AM

Heh.  You noticed it too, EB? 

Yup, SP3 is a nice alternative and generally one I use more than t'others.  

The Poser native figures - from Judy onwards - have been a big disappointment to me.  Bought Miki and hated it.  Never got the "upgrade" because I disliked the original so much.  Don't like the P6 figures at all, nor their reworked versions.

My Store

My Gallery

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:02 AM · edited Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:03 AM

I think V4 was a sort of failed experiment at creating a better "neutral" figure that could be adapted since a lot of people always said that V3 always looked like V3 and it was hard to get rid of that look. At least in some places. A lot of people like big eyes so make them big, with the option to dial them smaller, a lot of people like toon so make her a bit more toony with the option to make her more realistic, etc. That, I know, was the concept but I don't think it worked out that well. I still can't stand her and I hate that I would have to include the eye size morph in addition to every custom character I did, etc.

Some people do like her though.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 11:19 AM

I can't think why they'd make the default eye size wrong.  Better to make them right with the option to dial up.  IMO, V4 doesn't look like a toon, either.  Just "wrong".  So, if that was their concept, they messed up on all counts.  Besides which, A4 and G4 should cover the toon bases.

Maybe DAZ will get it right with V400 but don't count on it. 

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 3:15 PM

Quote - Heh.  You noticed it too, EB?

I can't say I had, but now you mentioned it I'll never be able to use V4 again. :lol: 

Quote - Yup, SP3 is a nice alternative and generally one I use more than t'others.  

The Poser native figures - from Judy onwards - have been a big disappointment to me.  Bought Miki and hated it.  Never got the "upgrade" because I disliked the original so much.  Don't like the P6 figures at all, nor their reworked versions.

For what it's worth, I like Miki 2 a lot better than the original. YMMV. And to qualify what I said, I don't use the stock Judy, only one of the enhanced versions such as AnAn, Eternal Judy or TenTen P5 (Judy with V2's head). I also prefer SP3 with her head morphed into V3's shape.

vampchild ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 7:00 PM

V3 Rules! I'm still buying V3 characters when I see a
new one now and then. Would love to see new V3 stuff
made. Looks like everyone sorta went V4 crazy and forgot
V3.

Beware-The Smoking Man Still Lives!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2010 at 4:05 AM

I still have some V3 clothing in my workflow that I'm finishing up. I even made a simple dynamic dress for V2 recently, for Evans' sake. It was actually for Stephanie ( version 1) to wear - now there's a neglected figure. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2010 at 4:44 PM

Steph 1 is a great figure.  Still use it a lot. 

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2010 at 7:16 PM

Hopefully you already have Aino - but in case post-natal senility has set in, and for the benefit of any other S1 fans, I recommend her highly.

I forgot to mention earlier that whenever I use V3, it's usually V3RR, but with the eyes from the normal resolution V3 substituted because I had trouble with the RR ones. Just like to be different, I suppose. :)

Apple_UK ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2010 at 8:00 PM

Quote - yes or no?
just wondering about if it would be worth doing something for her.
thanks
SS

Dammit, sir! This s a POSER forum. May you go to DAZ for your evil

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2010 at 10:40 PM

I still use V3 exclusively.

Nothing against V4, I just have never put the money into all the morphs, clothes, etc. And I put so much time and money into learning how to make V3 work.

Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2010 at 5:29 AM · edited Sat, 12 June 2010 at 5:32 AM

Quote -  Hopefully you already have Aino - but in case post-natal senility has set in, and for the benefit of any other S1 fans, I recommend her highly.

I forgot to mention earlier that whenever I use V3, it's usually V3RR, but with the eyes from the normal resolution V3 substituted because I had trouble with the RR ones. Just like to be different, I suppose. :)

Yep, but to save hunting through my archived stuff, I dled it again.  Not currently installed, ya see.  I generally use Steph Max or Maxine, though.

Also, thanks for continuing to host Aino, and for all your fine stuff.

My Store

My Gallery

Scharmers ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2010 at 4:07 PM

V3 is my primary female figure, because I've purchased a ton of stuff for her, including content that fixes her "problems" (i.e. Corvas' fixes).  It also helps that I've been using the V3 model for years and years and can work around her idiosyncracies.

There is the complaint that most of her clothes don't have all of her morphs, but there are various and sundry (and cheap) clothing morph movers including one here that work well.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2010 at 7:12 PM

V3 is not even in my runtime any longer...

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.