Fri, Oct 4, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Stephanie 4 out..DAZ

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 1:30 PM

Yikes, that's a wonky morph combination!

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 2:13 PM

A little love handles action.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:06 PM

file_455206.jpg

PAGE NEEDS PICS!

I went way out of my way to try to break the dress and shoes with some really unreasonable scale settings:
Hourglass 1.0
Short 1.0
Stout 1.0
HeadSize 0.2
ChestSize -0.2
HandsSize 0.6
FeetSize 0.2
TheGirlScale 1.0

Plus a whole bunch of morphs
The Girl 4 0.3
Natalie 0.4
Grace 0.2

and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff besides.  Gnome Power!

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:42 PM

Looks like S4 and the 2 current Poser version combinations have hit it off rather well.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 6:13 PM

file_455209.jpg

Redid that one with a couple of small fixes (dress intersecting the floor, oops) and thus a gratuitous image repost.

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:33 PM

Can't wait until your final versions are released.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:36 PM · edited Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:37 PM

Pretty much everything has converted very well, although the Trinity bikini bottom really doesn't suit the V4 rig (it goes right across the hip/thigh bend at a terrible angle) - that's not a new thing though, it was a problem before.  Otherwise things are looking pretty good, I need to get one more commercial jobby re-uploaded and then I'll get a few freebies repackaged and put out for download.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 9:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_455257.jpg

Lazy no-pic-posting goobersmoochers...

This dress is updated and put out for download, see the freebies forum for links.

My Freebies

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 10:43 PM

(sorry, I'm so far behind, I don't even have SP4 installed yet :blushing: )

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 11:31 PM

wow..keeps getting better and better pjz :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 3:22 PM

file_455316.jpg

This is one of the nicer face shapes for V4 I've ever managed to come up with... This suit is updated, see [ the freebies forum for download links](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2805360).

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 4:11 PM

Err, I don't guess a lot of people are really looking at her face though.

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 7:57 PM

Did somebody say, "I'm up here!"

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 4:51 AM

file_455340.jpg

Instead of sleeping, I pressed on and finished up this outfit.  The morphs actually came out quite a bit smoother than the previous version.  See the [ free stuff forum for download links](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2805397).

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 9:14 AM

file_455342.jpg

here, here

Nice workmanship. Even fits a supercustom fbm

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 10:39 AM

sweet :)

My Freebies

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:29 AM

file_455381.jpg

Thanks for the room prop, Paul. Your work is inspiring here. I'm about to move house in 2 days but I'm sat here playing with Steph instead of packing, heehee.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:40 AM

Yay Karen picks up with some renders :)

If you want the blotchy stuff going on on the floor to be smoother, turn up Indirect Lighting Quality in render options (I run at 50% now, with Irradiance Caching left at 1).

My Freebies

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:37 AM

Ah, thanks for that. The AO is a little too strong on the floor as well.

Just found out we're going to be offline for about a fortnight :ohmy: so I'll be using the downtime to play with her and maybe make a morph and texture pack :)

"you are terrifying

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 5:02 AM

AO is kinda made obsolete by Indirect Lighting/Global Illumination, I haven't bothered with it since installing Poser 8.  Rather than just tell you "don't use AO", which is of course your choice, I do suggest you try rendering without it and see if you really miss it (renders run a lot faster besides).

My Freebies

nabob21 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:33 AM

I have installed S4 and everything works fine in Poser 8 but in Poser 7, only the head morphs work and none of the body morphs. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:35 PM

file_455404.jpg

I haven't had this much fun with a model since I don't remember when. Actually I haven't really played properly with Poser - for fun, as opposed to work - since P7 came out. Sigh.

"you are terrifying

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:36 PM

Nabob, have you run the installer to both your P7 and P8 runtimes?

"you are terrifying

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:39 PM

Yeah that's what it sounds like to me also, if you have V4 in both runtimes.

My Freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:46 PM

Quote - This is one of the nicer face shapes for V4 I've ever managed to come up with...
This suit is updated, see the freebies forum for download links.

Um, that shape is....awesome! I've never seen V4 look so good ;o). Another one that looks human...lol.

Laurie

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:50 PM

I wonder if I saved that.

My Freebies

nabob21 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hello KarenJ and pjz99,

Thanks for your replies. I have all of the V4 files in an external runtime so both Poser 7 and Poser 8 are accessing the same files. I have in fact run the installers (several times actually to make sure that I didn't miss anything) but to no effect. It is odd that the S4 head morphs install and work for both Poser versions, but the body morphs only install and work work in Poser 8. Strangely, if I save an S4 based figure in Poser 8 and then open it in Poser 7 all of the morphs work. But they will not work on an S4 base figure opened directly in Poser 7.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:04 PM

Poser can be a bit iffy using morph data from external runtimes. I would recommend that you run the installer and point it to both P7 and P8 base directory. You can still load the figure and apply the morphs from your chosen external runtime, but adding the deltas to your base install seems to work more reliably.

"you are terrifying

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:20 PM

Best contact DAZ support, I'm sure you're not the only person who's ever tried this.

My Freebies

Vex ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:51 PM · edited Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:54 PM

S4 is a MASSIVE improvement over V4. Even without armpit fix, but Corvas's genius work ( which im surprised has not been included / bought out from daz ) works plenty well.

I rendered the different body morphs and proportions:

Scaling is NP in P8+ ( checking box ) but a friend told me to scale in P7:

Quote - To get the clothes to work right (I am still using P7) Parent the clothing to steph then conform. Parenting instructs the figure to inherit all the data from the figure and will help with the scaling issues. Might seem like a pain but two extra clicks > a headache from stressing over scales and shit hehe

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 10:33 PM

There's actually a pretty good free armpit JCM from DAZ already.  It's not included but it's not hard to pick up either.
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=100712&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=144
This has been available for quite a long time now (since December 2008) and I kind of agree, I'm a bit surprised DAZ hasn't just integrated it.  I guess they're afraid of breaking people's conforming clothing rigs, I dunno.  They could have given you a dial to control it, at worst.

Quote - Parenting instructs the figure to inherit all the data from the figure and will help with the scaling issues.

That isn't really correct, it will inherit scaling from the BODY only, not the shins/thighs and all the other stuff going on, and all the proportions dials do more complex things than just scale down the body.  You CAN get scales to automatically hook to corresponding V4 scales, but it is not trivial (modify the conformer CR2 in an editor and add ERC code to do it for each body part) and this makes the checkbox in P8 apply twice - and aside from that, the conformer probably won't deform the same as the character, when the character is posed.  The old workaround was to not conform the garment, just make the character its parent, and to apply poses to both the character and the garment (i.e. a huge pain).

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 8:46 PM

file_455491.jpg

I think I may update my avatar pic.

My Freebies

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 10:14 PM

I think you should! 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 11:16 PM

lol thats wild :P

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 12:40 PM

pzj99 There is something uniquely sexy about all of your renders in this thread.  I'm not a fan of piercings, but that latest one...  wow.  Heh heh.  That's a wild one!

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I do try :)

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 2:07 AM

file_455658.jpg

A new day, a new S4 pic.  Ralfeta's Bend Morph mixes pretty nicely with everything else, great addition.

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 6:10 AM

Paul,, you're starting to get me competitive..;)

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 11:44 AM

Competition is good for cheesecake quality!

My Freebies

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 2:55 AM

file_455728.jpg

Stephanie 4, Maulette, Darth M's kid sister. Considering a career in Journalism rather than the EVIL Sith Lord career path. :-)

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 5:30 AM

So here's a stupid question from someone who has absolutely no idea how to do it. The new S4 morphs won't work with presaved characters because the morph channels aren't there, right? How hard would it be to add them into the saved CR2 files via a text editor of some sort? Without knowledge of how or what, I'm thinking save head morph into Expressions folder, save body morph into pose folder. Then somehow copy, cut and paste? Will it work? Am I even close?

pjz99: Any chance of posting the dial settings you used to create the woman on about page 3 of this thread? I've tried and tried to duplicate it with no good results.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 10:59 AM

The simple way to get settings out of old saved figures:

• Load an old V4 with whatever morphs dialed up
  • Load a NEW V4
  • Inject those morphs used (or just inject all)
  • Select the BODY of the original V4
  • Edit menu -> Copy
  • Select the BODY of the new V4
  • Edit menu -> Paste
  • Select the HEAD of the original V4
  • Edit menu -> Copy
  • Select the HEAD of the new V4
  • Edit menu -> Paste

I'll see if I can find the settings used, a lot of these were just a few minutes of fooling around and I didn't save them.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:36 AM

Err actually, load the NEW V4 FIRST, and then when you re-save the figure to library the figure name will be just "Victoria 4" rather than "41" (simpler for working with the Magnetize poses).

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:41 AM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:42 AM

For this pic the body settings were:
FBMDefinition 0.3
FBMFitness 0.2
FBMVoluptuous 0.3
FBMBulk 0.3
PBMLatsSize 0.66
PBMBreastsSize -0.464
PBMBreastsNatural -0.5 (they're perky + she's falling)
PBMBreastsDroop -0.25 (she's falling) 
PBMBreastsCleavage -0.156
PBMBreastsCleavageWidth 0.864 (the arms are spread a whole lot, done just for this pose)
PBMBreastsHangForward -0.2
PBMAreolaSize -0.652
PBMAreolaPerk 0.232
PBMNipples 1
PBMTummyOut -0.2
PBMWaistWidth -0.5
PBMHipsSize 0.4
PBMGlutesSize 0.2
PBMGluteRaiseL 0.516 (mainly because the leg is bent)
FBMS4Natalie 0.8
FBMS4Paige 0.3
PBMGluteUpperDepth 0.75
SCLS4Petite 1

My Freebies

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 6:39 PM

Thanks! For both! I'll give them a go.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 5:57 PM · edited Sun, 18 July 2010 at 6:01 PM

file_456300.jpg

Sleepy thread, wake up!

Updating this bikini, even gnomes like their pinup girls.
See the freebies forum for download link.

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 8:43 PM

NICE!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.