Sun, Sep 22, 3:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Mini Challenge just for FUN: Cell Phone Photos

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 7:57 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:25 PM

Cell Phone pics !!

Today most phones have a camera. Do you use your phone  to create art? or just for quick snaps and to document things?

I know we did this once before, but I thought we would try it again.

Post as many as you want..

If you want, tell us about the phone and the pic..where is it, what it is, etc etc...

Did you edit it?  How? on the phone or on your computer?

There are no right or wrong answers..just have fun with your phone cam..

A couple of links to inspire you

12 Tips to taking better cell phone pics

Top 100 Pictures Taken From Cell Phones

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

jcpowell ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:36 AM

file_453220.jpg

Hey...I'm game!

The thing about cell phones cameras...you pretty much have them with you ALL the time.  They may not take hi-res or low light photos like my DSLR, but they're great for candid, spur of the moments captures. Times when you don't have your other camera handy.  

Captured this with my Motorola DROID, using the FXCamera App.

J:woot:e

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 6:19 PM

file_453254.jpg

Always good to challenge ourself. I don't mind this tread come back time to time.

I used the iphone.

1st    overcasted natural light
Low quality but can see all the 'details' also the colors captured well.

2nd  Celling light turned on
This is an interesting shot. The picture on a phone's screen was quite dark. Tapping on a screen I could adjust a brightness a little but a vignette was always there. I was expecting a white ceilling with a yellowish lamp shade, but not. I can not explane it never happened with my canon 400.

3rd   Low light 
I get a lot of noise  at low light it is almost horrible.

Was no editing in sc3 or in the phone ( no option to do so)

@ Joe I surprised how noiseless your shot is. Oh and I am shocked to see how much is it. For that price it must be supper good...lol.

seeyus  Tunde

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 9:29 PM

file_453383.jpg

Edited on my Samsung Impression

www.bclaytonphoto.com

aksirp ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 9:58 AM

file_453447.jpg

sun and rain = rainbow made with Nokia Celphone/Carl Zeiss Optics Tessar 2.8/5.6 autofocus, 5 Megapixel:)

aksirp ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 3:36 PM

file_453457.jpg

just for fun i show you my greatest cellphone-pic from avril 2010! greetings pri

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2010 at 7:51 AM

some cool stuff so far..I've got a couple more to upload soon..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

aksirp ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 4:07 PM

file_453565.jpg

ok, nobody makes cellphone pic's? there is the next one...![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

jcpowell ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 4:00 AM

file_453602.jpg

Keep'em comin!!!

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

jcpowell ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 4:03 AM
bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 7:14 AM

Great stuff Joe..I have to admit, I thought more people would play along with this..I know it's not your DSLR, but it is a camera..Well, that's the way I see it.

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 10:30 AM

file_453613.jpg

Tried to do a vertical panorama with this one..should have started higher..then this dude walked into the shot..had to leave it like this !!

www.bclaytonphoto.com

aksirp ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 12:07 PM

file_453629.jpg

very cool! panorama with cellphon is not easy, have try it once to .. have take an other one the day of the volcano dust, no flys...

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 3:34 PM · edited Tue, 01 June 2010 at 3:38 PM

file_453788.jpg

I was in the passenger seat when I took this one a couple of weeks ago.  I did adjust it in Photoshop to add more zoom.  Taken from my Samsung Impression.

...... Kendra

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 3:43 PM

file_453789.jpg

I was driving for this one which is why it's lopsided and the mirror is in the way but the river (and this was just last week) would have been perfect for photos had I had the time. 

...... Kendra

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 4:04 AM · edited Wed, 02 June 2010 at 4:05 AM

file_453835.jpg

Some more...How many we can share? This is my recent food still set up soon will be in the gallery the nice canon version...lol.

seeya  T

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 4:08 AM

file_453836.jpg

Martini rosso, ice cube, half lemon  lit from under with a flash light captured with  iPhone

seeyus  T

bryananthonydgm ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 4:17 AM · edited Tue, 13 July 2010 at 4:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1730128575&ref=ts#!/photo.php?pid=277028&id=1730128575

I used my phone to capture these kinds of action packed sports .. :)

[url=http://www.my3dservice.com/]Rendering Services[/url]

aksirp ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 9:25 AM

Quote - Martini rosso, ice cube, half lemon  lit from under with a flash light captured with  iPhone

seeyus  T

wonderful Martini rosso, please one for me aswell!

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 10:29 PM

@aksirp...lol...hop in ay time and I will serve one just a way you like it...lol

seeya  Tunde

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 12:44 PM

file_456011.jpg

👍 Wonderful work folks. Does this count? :tt2:

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2010 at 6:14 PM

file_456708.jpg

My phone is quite simple and I had not used the camera but about 4 times until this weekend. We went to Nashville (Tennessee, where else!) to see a concert.  I did not take the phone to the concert, certain rules against photos would be in effect.  Well, folks went in with cameras on straps around their necks and cell phones were everywhere.  Youtube has a few cell videos from the concert.

This is my wife, looking down 5th avenue.  The building on the left a bit ahead is the old Ryman Auditorium, known as the place of the "Grand Ole Oprey" for many years.  At the bottom of the street is the Bridgestone Arena...where we were going.

Paul Mccartney started about 8:15 that evening and with no breaks played for 3 hours!  Wow, what a concert.  This is the best one I believe I have seen.  The first had the advantage of being the first time to see this musical artist..this one had the advantage of being really super from start to finish.

I cannot say much about the photo..straight from cam with crop only.   I don't spend much on the phone contract and do not have a "photo" add on...I have to mail the photo to me for about 25 cents charge to get it off the phone.

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2010 at 7:22 PM

file_456710.jpg

Ok, I am at the bottom of the phone pile but that is ok...here is one more, from the hotel.

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 2:22 AM

Tom, the 2nd shot is priceless almost cute...lol.

seeya  Tunde

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 6:48 PM

file_456789.jpg

LOFT FOR SALE

This is the last one...my very simple phone is close to being lomography.  So, a bit of detail enhancement beyond reality is put to this one so you can read the 'FOR SALE" sign.  The loft is above an alley with some music bars.  You get the little thing on the roof and below that are 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths plus what else in such luxury!   Anything in city center is going to be priced to what the market will bear.

You  could sunbathe on the little porch thing, drift away to the sound of air conditioner units while the folks in two bank buildings took cell phone photos of you. 

If you move in, let me know so I can go to a bank building with my phone...promise to give you a call.

This is likely my last one for the thread..having spent 75 cents to get three images from my phone (email through the cell phone provider to myself) ....there has to be another way!

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 7:18 PM

Tom, I don't know your cell phone type but isn't it an option you can connect a phone to the computer via usb and get a pictures? Just a wild though....

seeya T

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 7:28 PM

Tunde, I thought so with usb...seems to be possible but quite tough to pull off with this phone, possibly needing some software no one seems to have.  I may want to get another phone.
Taking snaps with the phone is actually fun.  :  )

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 9:09 PM

What phone you have Tom?

Sure fun to take picture with cells. I totaly ignore the quality, mine does only 1.3Mb  ( good for nothing) so all I  concentrate on is the compo or interesting subject.

seeya  T

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 9:18 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2010 at 9:26 PM

It is a flip phone by Samsung, a fairly recent one and very simple.  The camera is also right at 1.3. 
Honestly, it is not turned on unless I am making a call or expecting one! Otherwise, the phone is turned off..I need to recharge about once every couple of weeks if that tells how much it is used.

Yes, I find photos fun and do not worry about the quality from the phone.   I didn't get it to take the place of my cameras.  My previous phone did not have a camera..yikes!   My wife has a phone with a farily decent camera even if an older phone and she left the protective plastic sheet over the lens for at least a year..no photos at all.   

With this sort of phone use, we could not be typical teenagers or middle-agers it seems.  We live in the 3rd world of cell phone use, or less than that.    I am one of those people who speaks to a cashier at the food store instead of to someone on the phone while the cashier rings up my stuff.
Strange, but that is what we do. 

There you have it... your friend, Tom.

Oh, the phone does have a USB mini plug for the charger.  It will charge and download stuff from a computer with a proper USB cable (I do not have one with the mini and normal sizes on it).   I might get a cable and try to see if I can somehow open "hidden files", looking for the photos.  If that works, I will be in business.  It still takes software to get it to use the USB on the computer to download stuff  but I believe that can be gotten with the cable.

BobKemper ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2010 at 3:48 PM

file_456830.jpg

Here's a cell phone photo from a couple of weekends ago. I spent the afternoon at a swimming lake down the valley a half-hour or so, and took this pic when I got there to show some folks how it looked. The phone is a Nokia N78 I've had for a few years and carried with me 3/4 of the way around the world. Not waterproof or very fancy, but it does what I need - including taking and sending the occasional photo.

Editing: Rotated and shrank to fit the size restrictions here.

Bob

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2010 at 6:25 PM · edited Wed, 04 August 2010 at 6:27 PM

file_457112.jpg

This is a negative from my simple phone camera options...crop and sharpened.

I like the look..invert it in your photo program and it shows the regular view...I had to check that out to see if the negative was accurate and apparently it is.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.