Wed, Oct 2, 5:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Creating my own face in DAZ

toads ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2010 at 11:23 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 3:31 AM

I want to try and create myself in DAZ Studio and have been doing it by taking two shots of my head, one from the side and one from straight on, but I have to work with the images open in preview next to my DAZ Studio window and so far it has been going reasonably well. The problem is that I am having issues with the sizing of things on the characters head. Is there anyway I can get my images into DAZ to overlay them over the head, drop their opacity so I can see the head under the image and work on the morphs that way to help keep things in scale and as close to my image as I can?

Thanks in addvance ;)

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2010 at 12:23 PM

have you fried putting the pic of your face as the bg in daz so you don't have to fight with the bouncing from program to program or even, creating a new plane primitive and using the pic as it's texture so that you can move and shape it so it looks like the pic should that's how i have tried making poses that i needed some major reverence for and it works pretty well for me

toads ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 6:39 AM

I tried applying the image to the plane but the plane just looked the same. I tired to render it and the image appeared, but it wasnt central too the plane and only showed the bottom left corner of the image. Is thee anything I can do to fix this?

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 10:14 AM

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 10:24 AM
Online Now!

Try this,

think it works on any programme, I have used it in hex and argyle, its a window that sits on top of your programme and you can change its opacity so you can see the programme underneath, then when you hit the overlay button you can work on the programme underneath without the window disappearing.  

there is a video to show you whats what, http://www.freeformthreads.com/showthread.php?p=690

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

toads ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for that Lully, looks like a great idea for doing things like this, just a shame its an exe file. Im working on a Mac so sadly I cant instal this :( Thanks for the help anyways ;)

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 8:11 AM
Online Now!

oh that's a shame  :/

Now this is gonna sound stupid but it's how my brain works,  you could try printing the photo onto acetate sheets with light opacity and sticking them to the monitor screen, it might work lol

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

toads ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 8:33 AM

Thats a pretty good idea, use my monitor as a kind of upright light box, haha. I might try the plane thing again, I must be doing something wrong. When I tried before I set the image to the colour shader, that is the correct one to put it on isnt it? As I said before, the image only showed on the plane when I rendered which I thought was abit strange.

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 8:40 AM
Online Now!

Sorry, I don't use DAZ. not sure what nodes there are, maybe put your question to the DAZ forum, if you get it right then it will probably work good as you can change the opacity and positioning of the plane fairly easily.

toads ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 9:54 AM

Ive worked out how to do it. I must have been setting it to the strength paramater on the colour channel, instead of on colour its self. Thanks for the help guys and girls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.