Mon, Oct 7, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Real Time Ray Tracing 32 Cores.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2010 at 10:53 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Ok... so how fast would Bryce render with one of these??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ianMNs12ITc

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 12:10 AM

No idea, but it should be a lot faster than it does now.
Fantastic!
And a beautiful car, too.

Corrie

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 10:12 AM
Forum Moderator

Ouch!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 11:00 AM

Amazing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 11:23 AM

I dont want to even know the price tag for a 32 Core render box :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 11:30 AM

You mean you guys don't have one of these yet?  I've had mine for months.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:34 PM

Willie shakes head a Phil Drawbridge. 

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:43 PM

Quote -  You mean you guys don't have one of these yet?  I've had mine for months.

I tried sell some of my body parts, for one, but there werent any takers.  Just as well, I need my body parts.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'm sure enough of us are already 1/8 of the way there. (I know I've got a quad core now.) But the particular scene in the video didn't look too taxing. (Model + HDRI + ambient lighting. And if the lighting was already precalculated with an irradience or photon map... Then it looks more impressive than it is.)  At least from appearances it looks like something that could be done in under 10-15 minutes on a decent PC. (Not sure if Bryce is that fast yet, but Carrara or Blender should get that car scene done at similar quality.)

What I'm more curious about is how much advantage that processing power would have against an evil task like a scene with multiple lights, caustics, and atmospherics or SSS. Would it be faster on a linear scale or a geometric one?

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.