Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 12:11 am)

Subject: making your own conforming stuff

kerrieanne ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 7:27 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

i was wondering how to go about making clothes and accessories that would conform to both V4 and M4?

i have blender, daz and photoshop 7.

Is there any tutorials for the conforming part?**

thanks in advance.

:D

kerrieanne ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 7:31 AM

do I have to buy this  Figure Setup Tools to make conforming clothes and stuff or is there another way?

by the way some links to some tutorials would be great :D

tokejr ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 7:40 AM

Making clothes for Poser and/or DazStudio you'll need:

1. A modeling program to create the clothes (Hexagon, Blender, Wings3D, Maya, etc.)

2. A way to group the modeled object to the same groups in the character your are creating the clothes for. (you can group in Hexagon, Blender, etc. or you can purchase an add-on like Auto Group Editor)

3. Poser or Daz Studio Figure Setup Tools (Skeleton Setup) to transfer the character skeleton (rig) to the clothing item you created.

4. Poser or Daz Studio Figure Setup Tools (Joint Editor) to modify/create falloff zones to make the clothing move with character poses correctly.

5. A 2D program to create and add textures to the clothing object you created. (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint Shop, etc.)

6. Optionally, a software tool to transfer morphs to your clothing item. For Daz Studio, this will require the Advanced Figure Setup Tools, or you can purchase add-ons to complete this process.

Those are the basics. Each step will require a lot of learning and experimenting to perfect the skills necessary.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 7:44 AM

i also have crossdresser : ) haven't tried it out though.

thanks for the reply.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2010 at 7:27 AM

hi is there any tutorials on how to make the links?

so that people don't have to put the textures on manually?

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 1:03 PM

I think you're asking 2 different things (?)

First, you need to group and rig, or conform the clothing so that it moves with the V4/M4 figure. That's what the figure setup tools are for. I'm afraid I can't help you too much with that as I've yet to actually use them myself.

AS to Texturing, you need to make what's called a UV map. Basically that tells Daz exactly how to apply a texture map to the object. Think of it like wrapping a picture on a chickenwire frame. For that you need a separate program, such as UV mapper. Although I believe Blender UV maps. There's no one click solution to making a uv map. Personally, I hate making em. I'd recommend looking in the Blender forums for tutorials on how to UV map with Blender.

cschell ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 09 October 2010 at 3:59 PM

I wrote a decent tut here in the forums at one point on using Daz Studio and the Figure Set-up tools to make conforming items and the nessessary cr2's etc... should still be floating around somewhere here... the daz forums on the daz site still provide a functional link to it from their community over to here...

kerrieanne ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2010 at 11:06 AM

i'll check it out : )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.