Wed, Sep 25, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Poserholic...

jecnodde ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 1:12 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 4:12 AM

Argh..I have for he last 2 years reinstalling, reordering my whole poser runtimes systems...meaning sorting things into runtimes wich make sense to my own way of creating images. I have also been doing the "time-killing-pain-in butt-have to do-hate to do-superboring" sorting and checking that file path and files is in right place.

We are talking of sorting poser items that I have downloaded during the past 7-8 years; freebies and things I have bought. A lot of things was just installed into first and best runtime. I started to try sort out both textures and geometris files.

Today I found myself surfing the net after some good looking ice cream model, I found a very good looking package but I didnt buy it, since I'm short on money. So insteed I continued my "poser sorting"...and i came to my food runtime; and started to look what I had; and ofc I have about 10 very good looking ice cream models - I really dont need anymore.

But why, why do I still find myself looking after diffrent models? I  find myslef looking for diffrent furtitures too - but I really dont need anymore, that was clear after I had installed and sorted all things I have bought from daz, pp and rdna.

So I have just realized that yes; I'm a poserholic, and I have a thing for; animals, jewelry, hair, cute cottage, plants, furniture and tableware items.
I have a lot more tableware items, then I have in my own home, some goes for furnitures.

Am I the only one with this little problem? Never getting enough?

Replicant ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 1:35 PM

My name is Dave and I am a Poserholic.
It has been two days since my last download and I know I can't resist for much longer. No matter how big my runtimes I aways crave more. I've tried to resist. Each time I see something new I ask myself, "Do I really need this?"
Sadly the answer always seems to be "Yes, and I need it NOW, because I know it'll come in handy at some indeterminate point in the future."
Can someone please post the link for Poserholics Anonymous?

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 2:15 PM

Quote -
Can someone please post the link for Poserholics Anonymous?

www.renderosity.com

:lol:

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

edgeverse ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 4:24 PM

Im Aaron, and I am a poserholic.
(shakes hands with everyone)

I have been one since 2000.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

wespose ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 6:08 PM

I guess it's my turn huh...Im Wes, hello everybody. I started using Poser in 2003....ahhh ,this is tough! ..sorry guys, im having a hard time here.

I have about 100 gigs of content. Im a chronic habitual downloader, and I admit that I have a problem, I cant stop collecting content. Even stuff I'll never use, I still download it.

I realized I have a problem when I looked at my runtime and have 4 different penis models for the Mikes and 5 different Vagina models for Vickie's..Ive never even used them (breaks down crying...wipes away a tear)...I mean who is ever going to use a frickin Pomagranite model, I have one.
I have a thing for outdoor scene props like buildings or landscapes, light sets, and I admit nude renders make me buy the v4 character if shes cute ,ok.

One last confession- on two seperate occassions I have spent over $600 on third party content including D/S plugins, I know its treasonous ,but if Poser is my Herion then Daz Studio is like having a crack addiction on top of it.
Sometimes I spend so much time playing with Poser that my Wife gets Jealous of V4 like Im actually having an affair with a digital barbie doll.

I'll never stop!!

Man ,Im Glad I got that off my chest, I feel so much better now.

edgeverse ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 6:48 PM

Welcome to the group.(lol)
I too love outdoor props and building and stuff.
I am also a chronic downloader. MY external hardrive is filling up, though it may take a while considering its a 1.5 terabyte.

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 8:46 PM

I really don't see why wives are jealous of V4, she is really hollow.  Jan

edgeverse ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 9:33 PM

Sometimes when I am working in Poser, my wife will walk past me and look at my screen and say...

"looking at naked women again, huh?"

We laugh and I go back to my work.

jecnodde ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 2:13 AM

You know is bad when the poser people have more cloth then youself...even the male poser people have more cloth then me - and I'm female :O. Oh wait, acctuelly, Luke have less cloth then me.

I really dont want to count how much money I have spent these years.
I havent even made an image in a long time since I'm too busy with the cleaning/sorting of my poser content...and I havent even gone through all I have bought yet - still some stuff that need to be installed, but slowly getting it all done. And then we have all freebies.

And then we have the vue thing too, how many trees do I really need?

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 7:11 AM

I am not, I repeat not a poserholic.

Why just last night while loading up a portable drive to take with me on a 2 week business trip to Asia (not many English TV channels to watch late at night. I need something to do when I wake up in the middle of the night from jet lag) I ran across a text document of a list of scenes I planned to create that I forgot about. Now I have a renewed vigor to sort my content further, buy more content and take a wack at shortening that list. Think of it as render wishlist vs a content wishlist.

I am not, I repeat not a poserholic. I just need more hours in a day to spend with Poser.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 7:30 AM
Site Admin

Hi my name is Jenny and I'm a poseraholic. 

As I was reading this thread, I realized I hadn't checked Daz's weekly freebie and had to stop reading and go check it out. I even download things to computers that don't have Poser on it. I haven't spent much money on it though cause I try to stick with freebies as much as possible. I am also trying to learn modeling so I can make more content. But that is going slowly because I spend too much time in Poser that I don't do anything else.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

wespose ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 11:01 AM

"I havent even gone through all I have bought yet - still some stuff that need to be installed"

Ive downloaded stuff, didnt put it in, burnt it in a collection to dvd, forgot about it then saw it online again later, said hey I dont have one of those and downloaded it again. Only to find it later when going through the archives.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 11:26 AM · edited Fri, 08 October 2010 at 11:27 AM

I need a 3D model of a fandangle to compliment my dohickythingamybob.

Do I:-

a) Spend ? hours looking to see if I can find one on the Internet?

b) Spend ? hours looking to see if I already have one or something that looks like one?

c) Spend ? minutes quickly modeling one from scratch.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

Yes I appreciate that (c) will probably take more effort in the short term. It will also not be the best every time.

Just prompting the train of thought, that's all. :)

poseraholic?  guilty as charged :)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 12:33 PM · edited Fri, 08 October 2010 at 12:33 PM

Quote - Sometimes when I am working in Poser, my wife will walk past me and look at my screen and say...

:lol::lol:

I don't think there is a one of us that is not a Poserholic. lol :)

geep ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 12:58 PM

file_460090.jpg

YUP. 👍

Can't ya tell? 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

wespose ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 1:58 PM

"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."

Im currently learning 3d Coat voxel and retopo...I think I got the hang of it.
But I'll still scour for obsure items other people have made, I like to use other peoples models!

edgeverse ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 2:02 PM

Hahahah Dr Geep. Should have seen your post coming.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 3:35 PM
Site Admin

* need a 3D model of a fandangle to compliment my dohickythingamybob.

Do I:-

a) Spend ? hours looking to see if I can find one on the Internet?

b) Spend ? hours looking to see if I already have one or something that looks like one?

c) Spend ? minutes quickly modeling one from scratch.*

Usually B, then A, then C though you would have to change minutes to hours for that one too.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Kitt_24 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 4:40 PM

hi....i'm mel...waves ...my poser addiction has poser addiction....my poser hair addiction has just about every hairstyle since the 1800's (some of which i know no beautician would ever dream of doing)....Vicky has more clothes & make up than I/my child/my future grandchildren (whom i hope never wear skirts that short or tops that lowcut) would wear in a lifetime...Aiko has more elf ears than LOTR...the lights would provide illumination at least into next century (assuming poser lights are ya know, compact fluourescent)...enough poses ( like really how many do I need of vicky leaning on a wall with that pouty come hither look? or the I wanted you to come hither and am super sad because you didn't expression) to fill fashion magazines for a loooong time....am considering a yard sale on all the props that might come in useful someday (but mostly are collecting dust & again, how many mushrooms does one fairy really need in the forest)...but they're still there....just in case...sigh...really we should have our own poser hoarders reality show...

>^..^<
~all knowledge is worth having~

edgeverse ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 4:42 PM

lol Kitt..

coming soon to NBC,.........

POSERHOLICS 2010

bbost ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 4:45 PM

Quote - Sometimes when I am working in Poser, my wife will walk past me and look at my screen and say...

I've been there!

edgeverse ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 6:09 PM

LOL. Funny isnt it?.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 3:41 AM

I seem to enjoy trawling for Poser goodies each day,  more than actually putting them to work inside Poser. 

Eternal Hobbyist

edgeverse ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 8:59 AM

Same here, Infinity. I must download at least 2 things a day.

bbost ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 10:44 AM

Quote - Same here, Infinity. I must download at least 2 things a day.

If your doing a web comic (or similar type project)  you'll be looking for content. I don't know if that's an addiction as much as a time cost of doing business (even if its unpaid work). 

edgeverse ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 11:31 AM

I run both comics and webcomics, so content searches are an absolute must.
There's always something you can use.
I have found that heromorph is good.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 11:42 AM

Give a man a model and he renders for a day
Teach a man to model and he wastes a lifetime...;)

My handle is Pakled, and I am a pictureholic, Poser-addiction can be tempered with other programs, like modeling, backgrounds, terrains etc. Having no money for the 'spendy' things can moderate it (I should know...;), but there's so much free stuff out there, the temptation can getcha...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

LadyRaine ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 3:29 PM

😊 Hi  I'm a poserholic whats worse is I'm not only a poserholic but a lurking one = . >< This is my first post ever here but in my defence if because I'm trolling the net looking for more stuff to fill my cluttered runtimes with.I don't know which I like more "playing with my people" as my husband calls it or shopping for them >< though alot of the stuff I pick up are freebies....... anyway I'm happy I'm not the only one ...now back to lurking ....

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hey, LadyR .................... Thanks 4 sharing. :lol:

So, um, when will your 2nd post be bestowed upon us? 😄

Just curious. :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep
;p=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

LadyRaine ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 1:54 PM

:lol: I Think I'll keep you guessing :tt2:

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 3:48 PM

I also get this one often :D  Along with "Her boobs are too big"

edgeverse ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 7:11 PM

This thread is great. I have had a few laughs here. Nice to know there are others that are as addicted with Poser as me.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 8:32 PM

I'm not a poser addict.  Why only last week I didn't open poser for a whole day.  I can stop anytime I like.  In fact I've stopped hundreds of times before.  I once stopped for a whole  5 days whilst away at a work conference.
I just do poser because I like it.
well I'd like to tell you more but I have to go and check on a render now.  I would like a shadow to be more pronounced.  Hmmmm.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

edgeverse ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 8:50 PM

a whole week, you are stronger than I.
hail estherau

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 8:53 PM

Yes,  a legend in my own lunchtime!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:35 PM

Several things have cut down on my Poser time and content buying:

Our little boy, Samuel

My renewed interest in building models (I spend more time in Wings than Poser now)

Lack of funds

Even though I spend a lot of time in Wings, there are still models which are too much of a pain in the rear for me to make, when there's a ready made alternative out there.  When I get the cash, I will spend an absolute fortune on cars and bikes.  Clothes, hair and "people stuff" don't really float my boat now.  I think I have enough of those to last me a lifetime.  Maybe.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

proflooney ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 5:57 PM

haha I am lucky I am just starting and am not a poserholic yet. now let me find a good male model with some real even topology and I will be the biggest one yet but so far I am safe

Joe

mouser ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 7:36 PM

Phew 
         thank goodness I can stop anytime I want, hey look a download!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 7:49 PM

where where?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi Dave and all the other Poserholics!

My name is Eric and I have been a Poserholic since 1997-I am also a Poser Hoarder! :-)
I quit for a few years- but without any outside help- I fell back in again this year. Poser 6 was upped to Poser2010- and by then it was too late! :-)

Hair for Poser 3?? Looks like a plastic helmet! :-) We have come a LONG way!

quote] Argh..I have for he last 2 years reinstalling, reordering my whole poser runtimes systems...meaning sorting things into runtimes wich make sense to my own way of creating images. I have also been doing the "time-killing-pain-in butt-have to do-hate to do-superboring" sorting and checking that file path and files is in right place.

We are talking of sorting poser items that I have downloaded during the past 7-8 years; freebies and things I have bought. A lot of things was just installed into first and best runtime. I started to try sort out both textures and geometris files.

Today I found myself surfing the net after some good looking ice cream model, I found a very good looking package but I didnt buy it, since I'm short on money. So insteed I continued my "poser sorting"...and i came to my food runtime; and started to look what I had; and ofc I have about 10 very good looking ice cream models - I really dont need anymore.

But why, why do I still find myself looking after diffrent models? I  find myslef looking for diffrent furtitures too - but I really dont need anymore, that was clear after I had installed and sorted all things I have bought from daz, pp and rdna.

So I have just realized that yes; I'm a poserholic, and I have a thing for; animals, jewelry, hair, cute cottage, plants, furniture and tableware items.
I have a lot more tableware items, then I have in my own home, some goes for furnitures.

Am I the only one with this little problem? Never getting enough?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 2:14 PM

Esther

Your strength is an inspiration to us all! :-)

Eric

Quote -  I'm not a poser addict.  Why only last week I didn't open poser for a whole day.  I can stop anytime I like.  In fact I've stopped hundreds of times before.  I once stopped for a whole  5 days whilst away at a work conference.
I just do poser because I like it.
well I'd like to tell you more but I have to go and check on a render now.  I would like a shadow to be more pronounced.  Hmmmm.
Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 6:25 AM

and maybe the wind beneath your wings.
(Speaking of which I've seen some quite nice wings in the MP here, and you never know what they could come in handy for doing)
Love esther

davlin ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 12:48 PM

HA!HA!...I'm cured ,you suckers...I've just finished a long render with my therapist who ,after many hours of delving into my Victoria fantasies etc , has decided that my addiction is no longer a problem.
Mike ,my therapist , has declared that my memory is'nt impaired and a good long and hard drive
should ease my concerns , kinda take my mind off things.Perhaps call at a libary to enjoy the
lists of available titles available to me as long as I don't crash on the way.

Now that I'm cured can anybody advise me on a Vender who does fully rigged vehicles for Poser so I can animate the up/down movements of wheels as in suspension.

My name is David but that does'nt matter now...:)

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 1:40 PM

Hi, my name is Roy and I am a Poserholic. I have been a Poserholic since '04 when I picked up Poser 6, then I found out that you can do fetish art in Poser and my addiction quadrupled! I have more fetish runtime content than an Adult store and don't get me started on shoes! My V4 models have more shoes than Rodeo Drive shoe store! I tried a 12 step plan once and was forced to stop when I started to get into the negative numbers :shakeshead: and I thought shaking that rocky road IceCream habit was hard!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.