Fri, Sep 20, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: When did I miss this? Aery Soul no longer?

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2010 at 11:31 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:23 PM

http://www.aerysoul.com/

Just wondering if this was announced and I missed it, or if something awful happened?!

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

LukeA ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2010 at 11:36 PM

Wow that is weird.  Hope all is well.

LukeA

My latest novel

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2010 at 11:46 PM

They did announce awhile back that they were going to close the forums. No real participation I guess or they didn't have the time to manage anymore. They didn't really say :o).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2010 at 11:54 PM · edited Tue, 03 August 2010 at 11:54 PM

And I didn't know that they were quitting the Poser biz. I guess life intervened or they are moving on to other ventures :o).

Sad to see them go. Talented pair ;o).

Laurie

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2010 at 12:08 AM

Wow let's just hope they make a big splashy comback soon! What was troubling was the announcement of no product support even on new items! Now that's unsettling.

ThanX for the heads up Laurie!

Hugs

Ariana

MSTene ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2010 at 1:57 AM

Holy smokes  
./faints
Makes me sad for the love of their stuff; But wish the best for the future.

Mariny ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2010 at 1:14 AM

I think I have missed this:-(

Have they cuit making poser stuff????

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2010 at 7:07 AM

@.@

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Jazzmin ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2010 at 9:34 PM

Wow!  I'm shocked and gonna miss them... they are so damn talented!  But, it is a little unsettling that there was no announcement or support for their products.

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 6:16 AM

seriously....they are going?

Commission open.

TaylaAZ ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 10:42 AM

For anyone wanting to know a little more, there is a thread on DAZ, page four has a detailed reason.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to know what is going on.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 3:23 PM

Thank you Tala!

Hugs

Ariana

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 6:40 PM

thank for the link. it is still so ...unexpected. just ...

Commission open.

Voodoo128 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 5:59 PM

BTW, if you want any of their V3 stuff, grab it before it's gone, they are disappearing on September 15 from Renderosity.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 1:26 AM

Geez... this is really sort of shocking! I thankfully own ALL of the V3 things... guess I better gear up to buy the last few V4 items now!

ThanX for the heads up!

Hugs

Ariana

TaylaAZ ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 4:24 AM

Great, I could do with getting a few things and have no funds to do so. This is so shocking and saddening. I cannot get over how everything seems to be happening without much notice if I wasn't getting update emails for this thread and another I would never have known.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 1:22 PM

You know it is not just AS...... I wonder if we could be witnessing the "end of an era"? Sales are slumping for vendors. Less cash on hand is affecting my abillity to buy like I did. Even the sci-fi conventions are becomming a loss to do (*I rely on them to sell art). Funny, it seems that everyone and everything is changing quite suddenly. *sigh.... I had so much fun doing this. I wonder where things will go from here?

Hugs

Ariana

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 6:36 PM

A lot of people are hurting. My business was doing OK selling concrete statuary and bird baths, not great money but OK. Then the economy tanked and people quit buying stuff thats purely decoration.

I rhink poser is in the sam slump, less income to spend , more cautious purchases. It may come back as things pick up, but a lot of jobs are probably gone for good.

I dont do models for Poser now , I never got the volume of sales I needed to have , I now sell to commercial users who are happy to pay $50 for a dinner set with materials for 3dsmax , lightwave , etc rather than spend an hour making it themselves. My last model was a fantasy catapult which I sold three copies. 

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 11:57 PM

Congrats on that! Sadly I am not able to spend that much, but for some higher paid artists it is surely a great way to expand on their usefulness to the ad markets and such!!!

Hugs
Ariana

TaylaAZ ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 5:29 AM

I agree, I think the initial recession which was pretty much global was just the prelude. In the UK Conservatives are placing "austerity measures" basically pay more tax, get less pay or pay frozen (which amounts to a pay cut with inflation the way it is). It is an absolute nightmare. Mainly because Gov'ts bailed the banks out.

I think every business which relies on expendable income is taking the hit. I had commissions for my art last year which meant I could spend a bit more on content, but no one really wants 3D Imagery when they have a mortgage to make sure they pay and food to put on the table. I'm not complaining though because we are in the same boat.

Content buyers I should imagine are all thinking the same way, "Do I really need another short skirt/character morph/fantasy outfit which has big choppy choppy swords?" I know I am always thinking can I make do with what I've got?

It's really tough, and I think it may well get worse before it gets better any time soon.

Wow, doom and gloom merchant there! Sorry everyone!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 6:16 AM

Not at all... just honest. And I think things could bottom out with the way things are going.

AS is not a small merchant by any stretch. If they can't make it, it is almost assuredly a precursor to others having troubles too.

:(

Ariana

thundering1 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 2:04 PM

Wow - I may not have bought any of their stuff, but I definitely felt their presence all over the place! It IS sad to know they're leaving.

I have a feeling there will be fewer and fewer full-time content creators around - purse strings are pulled if it is not for a necessities like food (and even then there's wiggle room - 6-for-a-buck items vs 1 for $3) and shelter and medicine.

-Lew

Dracoraven ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 3:03 PM

Odd how a merchant that was going to disappear from the RMP is still the "vendor of the year" on the RMP homepage.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

<a href="http://zazzle.com/brianadragon
">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 4:08 PM

Quote - Odd how a merchant that was going to disappear from the RMP is still the "vendor of the year" on the RMP homepage.

Not really, that refers to last year (so they likely qualified after their usual December release of Alice).

Inception8 ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 2:36 PM

Quote -
Content buyers I should imagine are all thinking the same way, "Do I really need another short skirt/character morph/fantasy outfit which has big choppy choppy swords?" I know I am always thinking can I make do with what I've got?

You would think... but.... (tongue in cheek)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quote -

I really don't see AS in that light. The quality of thier products was way beyond the standard 'NVIATWAS' render. It was elevated to another level (*and therefore Genre) entirely. Boy I know I will most definitely miss them.

Ariana

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 4:38 PM

What's missing here is that they choose to move to RDNA beginning of this year. That has hurt their business a lot as well.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 11:59 PM

No what they did was branch out. Not move. I don't see where that hurt "See No Evil" the new edition at all. The prices were the basic guidelines they always had, the product rocked. And as said at thier page, taxes became an issue and the economy.

But even those bits and pieces of info really is not all of the reasons behind thier decision. We may never know. Or I would like to think that they sold the rights to thier work to a big studio and are branching into the movies or a big gamming deal. Which ever or none, I wish them well.

Ariana 

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2010 at 6:48 AM

FYI.... RDNA doesn't allow branching out, they're not like Rendo.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2010 at 8:34 AM

Excuse me... Rebelmommy, Countess, Vex,-Silver-, Kaleya, Fantastart, Sarsa, EvilInnocence  to name but a few of the people who sell there and here (*and elsewhere too).

This was an informative post not a place to flame. So you are sadly mistaken about rdna. What this post is about, is that they are gone for the time being, and we can only hope it is not forever. Until then speculation is moot.

Ariana

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2010 at 11:01 AM

Sure RDNA allows you to broker elsewhere! LOL. All they ask is that you keep the particular items you broker there, exclusive to RDNA. That certainly doesn't mean you can't broker another item somewhere else ;o). Not even Daz has that strict a policy...lol.

Laurie

genefleeman ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2010 at 11:37 PM

I just want to write a thank you for years of genius works they have provided to this and other communities..  Your intensely talented creations will be sorely missed by anyone who has used one of them..  Between you both and Danie and Marforno I would be without half of my works...  Bless you and hope you reconsider at some future date.. Much LOVE...

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 12:05 PM

Yes, Aery Soul had some very beutiful creations. They will be sorely missed, as will others who have retired from the Poser community for whatever reason.  All-in-all I have seen to many I had high opinions of dissappear this year, it is a shame.  All when I was just trying to get back into 3D - it gives me concern I may have wasted the investments I made this year on yet another frivolous attempt to follow a fool's dream.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Trakendm ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 3:55 PM

Quite honestly after the stunt she pulled today.. I wont ever purchase anything from her again no matter how much I like it..

How sad is that.. Renderosity gives a 50% off coupon for one day only.. as long as the item isnt on sale or on clearance.. so what do they do? come in.. and put thier items on sale for 1 day only at 3% off.. which means like 50 cents..

Honestly if your not going to be part of the community.. then leave it.. theres the door.. no one is stopping you.. Im really surprised Renderosity isnt a tad bit annoyed with that.. talk about completely by passing a promotion they created.

Oh well.. good bye Aery Soul.. good riddance

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quote - Quite honestly after the stunt she pulled today.. I wont ever purchase anything from her again no matter how much I like it..

How sad is that.. Renderosity gives a 50% off coupon for one day only.. as long as the item isnt on sale or on clearance.. so what do they do? come in.. and put thier items on sale for 1 day only at 3% off.. which means like 50 cents..

Honestly if your not going to be part of the community.. then leave it.. theres the door.. no one is stopping you.. Im really surprised Renderosity isnt a tad bit annoyed with that.. talk about completely by passing a promotion they created.

I think you need to see it from Aery Soul's side: everytime a coupon is used, the vendor has to soak up the amount lost in the coupon, not RO as far as I know. Some venders can't afford a cut that big. It's nice to be part of the community and all, so long as the community isn't out to eat you ;o). Believe it or not, while you may be a "tad bit annoyed" at a vendor here and there, the vendors get a little more than a tad annoyed at the site for forcing deep price cuts on them. Oh well, everything should be free, right?

Laurie

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:02 PM

I have to say, I too, was sadly aware of the "faux sale", just to keep the items from going for a great price to their fans. I had 4 items that I was going to buy that I had always in the past passed on. Funny I heard around the grapevine that they were closing thier store here come the new year. So I would have thought that since "Hear No Evil (2)" over at RDNA is 50% off, they would do so here. WE did support them for many years. Oh well.....

~A~

Trakendm ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:04 PM

Well Like I said.. if you choose not to go along with what the community does.. then leave it.. its pretty simple I would guess.. and if that was the case.. why would anyone.. and I mean ANYONE care to put something up on Renderosity at all..

no no no.. not everything should be free.. hell I know I would expect to make money for products I created.. But whatever.. i guess they left the market.. why bother worrying about what thier customers think.. they made that painfully obvious when they stated no support for any of thier items.. w/e

fayrie ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:11 PM

i had had 4 of their items in my wishlist and when i saw the 50% coupon the first items i thought of buying where these items..... but to find that they put their catalog on sale for such a small amount to just be taken out of this coupon was very disapointing to me more so because they have had their items on sale at other sites this month.  i really dont think i will get the items in my wishlist from them ever. i understand that they take a cut when places put things on sale but to be put them on sale for just 3% is so sad. if you are going to have items for sale at a site then you should do it the right way and be a part of the place.........

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:15 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:27 PM

Quote - ...they made that painfully obvious when they stated no support for any of thier items.. w/e

I have to agree, I have a couple of products here, and plan to include more, but even if it was 10 years down the road I would always support those who supported me.

I felt very simuliar when V3 was phased out for V4. I had just joined the poser community and had bought THOUSANDS of dolllars in V3 items! Less then one year in here comes V4! And an announcement for As Shannim that they would no longer support V3. I believe it was one of the harshest denouncements in my new found love of 3D. 

As a compliment to a great set of vendors, Danie and Marfono! I have had crashes and lost content (*free updates, Bonus Content and gifts) from buying their products, and Danie has always selflessly found my Bonus Content and resent it to me without ever a complaint! Great Customer Service!!!

So I guess this just means there won't be a "1 week only" sale to get a new improved Alice!!! :D (*I have 4!)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:24 PM

Quote - i had had 4 of their items in my wishlist and when i saw the 50% coupon the first items i thought of buying where these items..... but to find that they put their catalog on sale for such a small amount to just be taken out of this coupon was very disapointing to me more so because they have had their items on sale at other sites this month.  i really dont think i will get the items in my wishlist from them ever. i understand that they take a cut when places put things on sale but to be put them on sale for just 3% is so sad. if you are going to have items for sale at a site then you should do it the right way and be a part of the place.........

I think I very much agree! I would have been understanding if it were like a 25% sale, because for them that IS generous! But 3%? o0  Boggles the mind that they took the time and effort to revisit the store, only to shut out the coupon...

Ariana

Trakendm ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:26 PM

I have been a content creator in different online realms.. I still have an online store through second life.. and every few days I go in just to check to see that my customers who still purchase my items are satisfied.. it takes less than 5 mins and I rarely get complaints..

I am no longer creating content there.. But there are some items that people just liked alot so I leave them up for purchase on thier website sales page.

I will continue to support those items as long as its in my power to be able to log in once in a while.. its not difficult and doesnt take much time.. but the fact is .. your name and your customer service is the only thing that stands out in any buisiness..

There are wonderful sales people here at Renderosity.. Fabina, DM, Pixeluna to name a few have all been great.. why would I give money to someone who isnt?

If you lack customer service skills.. and are only in it to make a buck.. then dont expect me to support your venture

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:30 PM

Quote - If you lack customer service skills.. and are only in it to make a buck.. then dont expect me to support your venture

Brava! Maybe we could work together sometime!
HugZ!
Ariana

fayrie ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - i had had 4 of their items in my wishlist and when i saw the 50% coupon the first items i thought of buying where these items..... but to find that they put their catalog on sale for such a small amount to just be taken out of this coupon was very disapointing to me more so because they have had their items on sale at other sites this month.  i really dont think i will get the items in my wishlist from them ever. i understand that they take a cut when places put things on sale but to be put them on sale for just 3% is so sad. if you are going to have items for sale at a site then you should do it the right way and be a part of the place.........

I think I very much agree! I would have been understanding if it were like a 25% sale, because for them that IS generous! But 3%? o0  Boggles the mind that they took the time and effort to revisit the store, only to shut out the coupon...

Ariana

yes this is what i dont get... they took the time to remove themselves from the coupon use but am no longer providing support for their items smh

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - Quite honestly after the stunt she pulled today.. I wont ever purchase anything from her again no matter how much I like it..

I think you need to see it from Aery Soul's side: everytime a coupon is used, the vendor has to soak up the amount lost in the coupon, not RO as far as I know. 

Laurie

Just to clear this up, it is a shared coupon between the vendor and RO.  Some coupons RO absorbs the whole discount and some are shared such as this one.

Thanks

Trakendm ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:37 PM

hell even 15% would have been understandable.. Im not greedy.. but a blatent 3% is kinda a slap in the face.. shrugs.. I have vented..

lol have fun guys and happy rendering

Rich

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 4:58 PM

Well heck Stacy,
Debbie posted that she would like to see everyone participate this year!!!

I did, and so did DM and many higher level vendors. We are just making a statement of disappointment. We love you tho!!! :D

HuggerZ!
Ariana

KageRyu ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 5:09 PM

Quote - Quite honestly after the stunt she pulled today.. I wont ever purchase anything from her again no matter how much I like it..

This isn't a stunt, and dozens of vendors do it. I fail to see this as a truly valid gripe, or really anything but just bellyaching as there was just a coupon for 50% earlier this month that WAS valid on sale and clearance. I remember quite well as I was upset at not having the funds to take advantage of it because of other 50% off deals that cleared out my wallet.  So it was possible to have used that coupon then on any of Aery Soul's items that you had wanted at a good price.  While I too like to get good deals, I also understand some content creators spend a lot of time on their content for what is really minute compensation.  When you look at the fact that half of the listed cost goes right to the brokerage site in 99% of the cases.  Then when a coupon comes along and gouges another 50% out of that, it is really peanuts.  I still remember when far less detailed and useable content was sold for hundreds of dollars per model or mesh, and I think much of the community today does not realize not only how much it has changed, but how much work goes into creating and testing content. 

Quote - Honestly if your not going to be part of the community.. then leave it.. theres the door.. no one is stopping you.. Im really surprised Renderosity isnt a tad bit annoyed with that.. talk about completely by passing a promotion they created. Oh well.. good bye Aery Soul.. good riddance

This is exactly the types of attitude from the so called community I think is driving away more content creators.  Between an uncarring community that is predominantly hostile, and constant losses to piracy, filesharing, and torrent sites from many who are unwilling to pay at all, it just isn't worth it.  Aery Soul's products aren't even some of the most expensive I have seen, but they were great quality and worthy of the prices in my opinion.  While no longer offering support on their products is a bummer, perhaps if the community was as supportive of vendors and content creators as it expects the creators to be toward it then this wouldn't be an issue.; members in the forums could always volunteer to help out with their knowledge of a product, or useful information.

Whenever I see a content creator who creates good qulity, orriginal content leave the business I am saddened by it, and I feel the community as a whole is lessened. As I said in my comment that seems to have sparked derision and hatred, too many have left the community (and I am not refering to the rendo community but the business as a whole) this year in my mind - creators of decent quality content.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 5:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVP19f4xwH4

how dare a vendor not take part in a sale!

thats criminal!

been saving that video for such occasions

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 6:24 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 6:26 PM

@theKageRyu:

nods in total agreement

Vendors get little enough as it is. And since this is a hobby for most ppl, I see no sense in griping that you can't get something for even less pennies than the pennies they were originally charging for the item. For all the time spent on a given product, the return is ridiculously low in comparison.

Laurie**

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 8:09 PM

Laurie,
For me this is a total business... except I sell what I create on a convention level as works of art, not in broker stores as much. But I do participate because with the economy, my customers deserve a break too!

I originally meant this post as a way to express the fairly sad, and poignant loss that I originally felt about AS leaving the 3D brokering family.

Venting is how people deal with disappointment. RO initiates these sales, and to a large degree expects vendors to participate to drive business to RO! Who makes a damn fine profit off of all "Sales".** **So don't come here and blast Customers, for wanting a good price because of what RO initiated! 

Take your whining about how put upon the vendors are and stop it! What is actually the reality of life, business and the economy is, have a few sales and make some money. Or have no sales and all of those "Hobbyists" will not spend anything!
There's a sobering thought.

Everytime you come in here you seem to have some strange axe to grind on almost every subject.

Anyone who buys on any level, weither 3D or real world looks for sales. There is nothing wrong with it, and it is not trying to screw anyone over (*as in "the vendors"). It is how business is done everywhere.  And a great sale makes good sense. Drives business and gets new peeps on site.

All forms of retail have sales, all types of customers wait for them, and everyone wants to get a deal! It is no crime, sin or lack of courtesy to expect to save some cash. You don't broker here, so as a broker myself, I can say when times are tough it helps your future sales to give back a bit to the community. Kindness and generousity is what keeps a customer loyal. I want to see you turn down a sale price and say "Oh no, I would rather pay full price. I think it is only fair to you... the vendor!" Please... you buy like everyone else.

OK, now that I have that off of my chest. It would have been nice to have seen one item in the AS store available for the sale. IMVHO.....

Ariana 

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 8:21 PM

aaand thats the end of civilised discussion, since that would be Whining.

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.