Sun, Sep 22, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: A Brief Summary of Miki 3 Reviews Thus Far

Keith ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 6:41 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 2:18 AM

"She doesn't bend better/the same/worse than V4, which everyone knows was better/the same worse than V3 which was itself a vast improvement/pretty much the same/a complete disaster compared to Victoria, which was clearly superior/equivalent/sucked as a replacement for Posette."

"I hate this new bending system I was complaining about creators not using!"

"You know all that whining we do about EVERY SINGLE NEW FIGURE introduced since, oh, 1998?  Yeah, pretty much that."

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 9:42 PM

[Un?] Fortunately, I was born without a fine esthetic or anatomical vision. For years, I’ve read endless moans, comparing various parts of various figures anatomies to various forms of pasta, rope and other organic detritus. I’ve scanned and squinted and usually even when focusing on the colored arrows luridly pointing up a virtual crotch or armpit, I still don’t see it. It’s probably down to never having studied art or anatomy; either that or perhaps Brad’s stubborn refusal to let me go over Angelina with a tape measure. Given that Miki 2 was one of the few models whose face I actually focused on, I doubt that I’ll see her sister’s gross deviations from the Almighty’s divine plan either, but the debate will be interesting – or not.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 11:35 PM

Quote - "I hate this new bending system I was complaining about creators not using!"

I'm not really convinced, from what I've seen, that the new joint capabilities have yet been used to their full potential.  You'd think SM would be interested in showing us how great the new system is, but it doesn't look like that's the case, sadly.  They should hire phantom3D to use the new system to rig a figure.  :woot:  No one's using it because no one's really figured it out yet, presumably.  If they'd really wow us with it, it would catch on.

Where are these complaints being voiced?  I haven't seen them.  Miki 3 looks like a fine figure to me.  I look at Antonia, though, and it still looks like she's not been bested in the bending department.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

stepson ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 4:36 PM

Quote - "She doesn't bend better/the same/worse than V4, which everyone knows was better/the same worse than V3 which was itself a vast improvement/pretty much the same/a complete disaster compared to Victoria, which was clearly superior/equivalent/sucked as a replacement for Posette."

"I hate this new bending system I was complaining about creators not using!"

"You know all that whining we do about EVERY SINGLE NEW FIGURE introduced since, oh, 1998?  Yeah, pretty much that."

:lol: :lol:

And I just hate the P9 people! They look like freaks!  (getting started early) :)

Life is hard, but what a ride.

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 5:47 PM

They should hire phantom3D to use the new system to rig a figure.  :woot: 

You didn't hear? SM didn't want him. He even offered to work for free. Still didn't want him. So he's looking for work at Daz.  :lol:

Hi Cage, thanks for the comp. Don't have Miki 3 yet so I can't comment. How is the mesh? I read that the mesh is pretty nice. Teyon built the mesh, so its gotta be a decent mesh. Wish I could look at it :( I'll pick it up next week.

cheers.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 6:52 PM

But did tenyon build the mesh? I thought I read him saying that he reshaped the mesh in an earlier thread. Which means same mesh, different look.

The shoulders are poor looking. But Miki 3 does seem to be a bit better than 2 but still has some bulging on joints. fixable with the morph brush or drop her into a higher end software and use her there.I agree that you would think SM would have gone that extra mile in rigging. Yet does not show.

For the price right now, I bought her and she does have a nice new look. I'm thinking DAZ has the right idea going with wieght map rigging on thier gen 5 figures. If this is the best that SM can do with thier own poser rigging. It's time to move on to something else.

3dactor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 1:43 PM

Quote - You didn't hear? SM didn't want him. He even offered to work for free. Still didn't want him. So he's looking for work at Daz.  :lol:

I assume that is a joke...

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 3:17 PM

Joke or not, it's not true. And there's more to the story. Better if nobody speculates - unless you were directly involved in a specific conversation with SM - it's all gossip.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 6:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - You didn't hear? SM didn't want him. He even offered to work for free. Still didn't want him. So he's looking for work at Daz.  :lol:

I assume that is a joke...

Ya that was a joke, just seemed at the time it was written that no one really cared about how a figure moves. A person could make something thats leaves the comp sucking dust and still not get any support. Ya just some dry humor, not a rumor.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.