Sun, Sep 22, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: how to apply the original dimension of background pictures?

p3t2 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 1:33 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:27 PM

hi guys,

amateur asking a stupid question.

when I imported a background picture, Poser asked to adjust the dimension of the current window to match that of the background picture.

but no matter I chose "no" or "yes", the background picture imported showed with a much smaller dimension, which did not match my idea of the screen, and usually with a obviously twisted width/height ratio.

the original dimension of the background picture is 2700/2700, but when imported directly into poser, no matter I chose to adjust the current window to match the background picture or not, its dimension changed to smaller than 1000/1000.

how can I apply a background picture with its original dimension in Poser directly without using any image-editing software for post-work?

thank you very much for your helps!

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 6:37 PM

If the version of Poser you're using is P6, you have to also increase the "Max Texture Size" (found in the Render Settings) to a value at least as large as the longest dimension of the image you're trying to use.

You should also make sure you have applied the latest Poser update.

p3t2 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 7:33 PM

many thx.

I will try your advice.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 8:08 PM · edited Sat, 25 December 2010 at 8:10 PM
Online Now!

You can also apply your image to a flat, one-sided plane and set your dimensions on the y- and x- scale.  Afterwards, change the overall scale to whatever size you desire.  To avoid casting shadows on the plane, connect your image node in the material room to the ambient_color and set it's value to 1.  You can achieve the same affect by also connecting to alt_diffuse.  Make certain the plane's cast shadow is turned off on it's properties panel.  An example can be found here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1884989&user_id=343328&np&np

p3t2 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 10:03 PM

thank you very much, I will try it.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2010 at 7:38 PM

Why even bother?  You won't get a realistic render if you are rendering an image with a flat plane for a background.  So, to make life easier, just render without it, save your render as PNG or TIF, then comp the background in Photoshop.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.