Fri, Sep 20, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Invisible poser pro library window

wushen ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 10:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:34 AM

My libraries are MIA. They exist on my hard drive and I've used them a few days ago, but now do not appear on screen. The library shows up on my tool bar but not on screen, if I maximize/minimize the library from the tool bar it looks like it opens off screen to the right. I do use multiple displays, but the second display is to the left. I have "Library" checked under the "window" tab, and I reset to factory defaults under "general preferences" I also tried to highlight "embedded" under "Library Launch options" but it didn't allow me to select it for unknown reasons. I also readjusted my monitors, but no luck. I'm scratching my head here. I tried updating my software, but Smith Micro didn't recognize my serial number. I contacted them about the update/serial number and the invisible library, but haven't heard from them yet. I figure I'll get a quicker answer here with fewer headaches, I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Brian

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 12:00 AM
estherau ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 4:26 AM

I have a problemw here my library goes white and I click on the material room or cloth room tab and then back to pose room which normally brings my library back.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

wushen ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 2:06 AM

Ester, mine was doing that too before it disappeared. It usually happened after loading an item/morph, but would fix itself after awhile (or by changing rooms) I think it's funny how every "better" generation of Poser has more absurd problems and worse tech support...I miss Curious Labs...I recieved a response from Smith Micro, but they told me a bunch of garbage I already knew with reguards to serial number (only use zeroes and no letter "o") and asked to verify my PC specs...and not to respond to their Email...I swear they're fricken useless...Grrr!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 2:10 AM

I think my problem was due to to me moving the library to a second screen.  Because it happened in the pose room, and material room fixed it, but when I moved it from the material room to the second screen the only thing that fixes it now is going to the cloth room.

I hope it doesn't disappear completely.

Love esther

wushen ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 9:50 PM

I found a novel solution, I reinstalled the program :P Seems like everything is working fine, the library is embedded now, not sure why it defaulted differently with this instillation, but it'll work, so I'm happy. It actually took less time on my pc to reinstall the program, than it did to write an Email to Smith Micro... Jonny, Smith Micro did send me directions to do a simular function with resetting those files, but following their directions, I could not find the "hidden files" that needed to be relocated to reset UI. I think that's due to a varience between my Windows 7-64bit and Vista which I believe the instructions were originally written for. I appreciate everyone's help

Thanks,

Brian

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 10:01 PM

I'm too scared that if i mess with poser it might stop working.  so I haven't tried reinstalling. if the problem becomes extremely severe then I will know what to do (thanks to you)

Love esther

icprncss2 ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 6:26 AM

You may need to update your Flash plugin or your video drivers.

I didn't have the P8 library for the first 4 months I had it.  This may sound like a strange question but in some areas dial up service is all there is so: do you or did you have a modem (even an integrated) installed on your system?  Some modem software seems to interfere with the P8 library. 

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 5:50 PM

I'm on a mac and I have a router for the internet.

Love esther

wushen ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 4:56 AM

Grrrr!!!!!

I'm sorry, I just realized I was mistaken in believeing my problem was fixed with the reinstall...As it turns out, when I reinstalled, I chose the "include 32-bit data" option (paraphrased) When my library was working with the "embedded" library, it turns out I was using the 32 bit version of the software, So, essentially, the library works fine now, but only with the 32-bit version. I primarily render in Vue, so this should work fine in most situations, but I'm sure as I create more complex scenes with dynamic properties, I'll want the power/stability of the 64 bit version. I may just choose to create characters/scenes in 32 and animate dynamic objects in 64. I'll do the monkey dance correspondence with Smith Micro, trying to locate the invisible UI files to move as they've suggested, but if I get too frustrated, working between the different versions seems like a reasonable solution. With my OS on an SSD I didn't notice any speed drawbacks on a simple character build.

Princess, I have the latest update for my video card, and I imagine the most recent flash, as I built this PC a few weeks ago, (my downloads/updates were done very recently) If I do have a dial-up modem on my motherboard, I dont recognize it in device manager or internet options as such.  (could be listed as an IEEE device) I'll check my manual when I get a chance though, I use a DSL (hardwired) modem.

I feel if I do get proper instructions from Smith Micro to locate and move those hidden UI files for Win7-64, I'll have a very difficult time explaining the solution, but I'll do my best

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.