Thu, Sep 19, 8:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: converting clothify drapes to morph targets ???

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 12:28 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:19 PM

it sounds like a great idea in theory to make a morph target after the clothifier does it's thing with the prop. 

trouble is, it has to stay in it's home position, or the morph just explodes.

so, how do you...  ?   how ...? :blushing:

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 1:38 PM

I export the prop after the cloth sim , and then import it and save it as a new prop. I never tried to make it a morph target but it should work .

ErickL88 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 2:06 PM · edited Thu, 10 February 2011 at 2:10 PM

After having the cloths finished calculating in the Cloth room, I use File -> Export -> Wavefront OBJ -> Single Frame in "export Range" -> selecting the certain cloth piece only -> check the Export Options "As Morph Target" and "Include existing groups in polygon groups" and save it on a hdd.

Later then I can use the "Load Morph Target" option in the Properties tab of this certain cloth piece, load the previously saved wavefront.obj, set the new Parameter dial to 1 and the dyn cloth jumps into the previously draped pose, without the need of going through the cloth room all over again.

wolfie ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 2:19 PM

Um, can't you simply go to the menu and select "Spawn Morph Target"?  Haven't done it but I think that should work.

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:40 PM

file_465217.jpg

simple set-up with cloth plane

export plane and make your morph

run simulation

import morph target

key is your export object must be in its origanal state and position

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:41 PM

file_465221.jpg

making the morph

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:42 PM

file_465222.jpg

run simulation

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:42 PM

file_465224.jpg

last frame

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:43 PM

file_465225.jpg

after imorting morph target and set to 1

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:48 PM

Quote - after imorting morph target and set to 1

of course you could just export the finished sumulatoin and re morph it for the same result, but if its a piece of clothing you could re use it  for different sumulatoins

example for the collar on a shirt or such

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - after imorting morph target and set to 1

of course you could just export the finished sumulatoin and re morph it for the same result, but if its a piece of clothing you could re use it  for different sumulatoins

example for the collar on a shirt or such

also you can skip the export to 3d-program and make your morph inside poser with magnets or morph brush just remember to spawn morph and delete magnet

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.