Sat, Sep 21, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Anyone use 3D nerd's easy backdrop

scottbaldassari ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 3:30 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:36 PM

I downloaded 3d nerds easy backdrop (which is supposed to be an "easy backdrop" tool that you can ad your own pictures to).  I use Daz Studio - the blank back drop loads, but the image files will not.  They are there, but do nothing.... I sent an email to nerd3d a week or so ago but have recieved no reply.  I believe it was a freebie, it is not in my account, but I also can not find it here when searching....

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 10:57 PM

nope never heard of that one, but

maybe you can use one of these till he gets back to you

http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=974621624&frmid=7878&msgid=848140&cmd=show

theres also a tut on usage in studio in anouther thread in the same place.

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

scottbaldassari ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 6:01 AM

Well thanks. enjoyed getting lost in your links and found a few things that will be helpful.  I will try to figure out an item I found in there, though it says "add you own photos through posers' cloth room".... which is never a good sign, I am a DS user.  But thanks again, do appreciate the response.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 6:45 AM

I expect it says "Poser's Material Room". I would imagine you can easily add new images through the Surfaces palette in DS - open it (View>Tabs>Surfaces), switch to the Surface selection tool (Tools>Surface selection) and click on the backdrop; now in the Surfaces palette click on the bar under the Difuse colour colour picker bar (it may already have an image name if the item loads textured) and pick an image that came with the item or one of your own that matches the requirements in the readme; that should do the job, at least at a basic level, so just switch back to your regular posing tool 9Tools menu, or use one of the toolbar buttons) and carry on as usual.

scottbaldassari ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 7:35 AM

Thanks Richard - I'll give it a shot.

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 6:20 PM
scottbaldassari ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 9:02 PM · edited Sun, 27 March 2011 at 9:12 PM

SSweet -

Thanks, I checked that out - but didn't even need it, your backgrounds worked fine for me "as adveritsed".  Nice work, will be great for some fantasy type scenes.

Richard,

I followed your instructions re Nerd 3D's stuff, but there are only png files showing up in my runtime - they load in the above method, but are only thumbnail resolution.  So I searched through windows and found files with a MT5 extension ... They don't work.  I googled it and apparently it is some sort of poser file - It says you can simply rename the file to PZ2 to use in poser, but guess what, that don't work either.  Studio is looking for an image file (jpg or something).  I also tried simply renaming one of them to a JPG, and of course that didn't work either.  Any other ideas?  Or do I just need to delete this stuff out of my runtime?

edited to add:  There are also some .DS files in the same folder corresponding to all the png files....

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 9:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAVisKCf20

Nerd3d has a tutorial on youtube for Daz users.

scottbaldassari ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 1:38 AM

Ahhhh  Thank you, I was over analyzing again!  Just a question of pressing the right buttons (isn't it always?).

Thanks you everyone - appreciate the help.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:14 AM

In general texture files will be in Runtimetexturessomefolder. The pngs in the library folder are just the thumbnails that appear in the Content palette. Poser material files can be converted to pz2s, but you do need to make some very minor edits as well as changing the extension. How useful they will be varies by how much fancy stuff was done in the Material Room, as with any Poser material setting.

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for the video on the deluxe backdrop model, as I have it, and haven't reallys used it. 

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.