Tue, Oct 1, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 8:55 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Shape Magic Available Again - Now Free

RG ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 6:00 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 8:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.shapemagic.com

I use to sell Shape Magic at 3D Commune but stopped in 2009 when that site shut down. Since then, Shape Magic has not been available. My support site also shut down around the same time. I was recently considering abandoning Shape Magic  entirely, but after looking at it again and at all the free downloads and other programs I had written, I decided to resurrect the site and make it all freeware. So as of today, the following 3D programs can be downloaded from shapemagic.com:

Shape Magic 2.1, Road Maker, Flag Maker, Shape Maker, Stump Maker. Also, a 2D program Funny Faces (2D) is available.

Several of these have been available before but others were never released. I recently went through and revised all the 3D programs to correct the face normals's which allows them to import more easily into several 3D rendering programs. I also made other changes to Shape Magic, so there's  a new version 2.1.

Most of the renders and tutorials use images made in Bryce but I also provide import instructions for Poser, Vue and Daz Studio. The most recent version (2.1) is more Daz Studio and Poser friendly as I hard coded some actions that you use to have to do by hand in UVmapper.

Hope you enjoy the programs and models!

Rich

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 7:12 PM · edited Sat, 21 May 2011 at 6:21 AM

I'm going to sticky this thread for a while so folks who were looking for it can see it at the top of the list. I'll remove the sticky in a month.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 10:29 PM

Thanks !

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 5:55 AM

Thank you very much!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

jenay ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 7:16 AM

cool !!! Many thanks :)

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 1:42 PM

Great, thank you.

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:36 PM

Thank you very much for resurrecting all those apps and the site! Thank you! :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:29 AM · edited Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:36 AM

Very nice. I don't seem to see any download links for the Flag Maker or Stump maker though.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:48 AM

Flag maker and stump maker are included in the shape magic download.

SmallPahtaytez ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 1:06 PM

Awesome thanx!

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2011 at 12:55 AM
Online Now!

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

RG ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 1:18 PM

Attached Link: Road Maker Online Help

For those who use Window 7, the Road Maker help file doesn't open thanks to changes made by Microsoft. I've converted the help to html and posted it to my site. Follow the link to find it.

Rich

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 8:00 PM

thanks RG...a very useful doc.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 9:50 PM

Thanks, RG!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

SmallPahtaytez ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 5:40 PM · edited Wed, 08 June 2011 at 5:41 PM

file_469650.png

Shape Magic is fun to play with. I made a couple of things with it today. I know I'm missing something or did something wrong but I can't seem to get these to load into Daz Studio. Also when I tried the stump maker, they ones I make come out hollow.

Still fun playing around with them tho, thanks again.

SmallPahtaytez ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 5:42 PM

file_469651.jpg

Next image:

RG ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 6:54 PM

Glad it's fun for you!

Which Daz Studio are you using? I had trouble with Daz Studio 3 (they imported huge and then I couldn't find how to reduce their size - but I'm not very familiar with it). I tested Daz Studio 4 and it works. On Daz Studio 4, it will import them huge unless you manually set the import % to 10-100%. Then they come in reasonably sized.

Rich

SmallPahtaytez ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 7:45 PM

Quote - Glad it's fun for you!

Which Daz Studio are you using? I had trouble with Daz Studio 3 (they imported huge and then I couldn't find how to reduce their size - but I'm not very familiar with it). I tested Daz Studio 4 and it works. On Daz Studio 4, it will import them huge unless you manually set the import % to 10-100%. Then they come in reasonably sized.

Rich

Yes that would be DS3. I do have Poser 6. Haven't opened that in ages. Maybe I'll try loading it in there.

Is there a setting in the stump maker to create the stump objects as solid?

Taytez

RG ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 8:07 PM · edited Wed, 08 June 2011 at 8:07 PM

file_469653.jpg

I just tried DS3 again. It was installed when I installed DS4 a couple of weeks ago. After I did "File-Import" and after selecting the file, the "Obj Import Options" dialog box showed up but only showed two buttons: "Accept" and "Cancel". Turns out the box was minimized for some reason, so I used the mouse to pull the bottom edge of the dialog box to resize it. If you then select "Daz Studio" in the "From:" box, it will import with scale of 100% (or you can change that to 30% or whatever). Here's a screenshot with a stump imported and with the dialog box open. My stumps come in solid - but if you are inside the stump when it is too large, it will look hollow. Hope this helps.

Rich

SmallPahtaytez ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 8:17 PM

Excellent thanks! That did the trick :) 

Lucca ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 4:10 PM

RG, I could hug you right now. :D Thank you very much for your generosity. :D I especially missed the Tree Stump Shape maker; it made it a lot easier to make nice looking forests the rendered easily. I wondered where it had gone!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.