Sun, Sep 22, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How can I make the appearance of blood in water using Bryce 4?

jks ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 7:10 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

You know how blood acts when it comes in contact w/ water? It doesn't automatically combine with it, it stands out. Well, that's the effect I'm going for. I have blood droplets that hit the water, but now I need the water to look like the blood is in it. Do you get what I'm saying? If you do, please help. I can't quite get it to work.

kaom ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 10:03 PM

Hmmmmmmm............You could experiment with a volume texture on some "Meatballs" commonly refered to as metaballs. You could change the color to the red shade you want and try putiing the shape in the water. That's the only thing I can think of, or you could cheat and do it in Photoshop, and probobly make it look convincing.I'm sure someone else will have some good suggestions, because as we all know, there are a zillion ways to do any one thing in the world of 3D. Good luck, I hope I was of some help. Oppps! I just realized you don't have Meatballs in Bryce 4. So if you can't get a shape you need get the Free version of Amapi 4.15, an dmake a Nurbes object deformed to the shape that will work. Her are the links for Amapi 4.15 and a link for the full manual fo rit, if you don't already have it. Amapi 4.15: http://www.insidecg.com/downloads.php Amapi manulal: ftp://ftp.tgs.com/Amapi/Doc/ P.S. If you go to get it, don't forget to click on th elink for the serial number at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!

rockjockjared ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 11:02 PM

Er! I'm never going to live down that Meatball thing am I?! Oh well...guess I'll just have to live with it! About the blood in the water...I can think of a couple of ways to do it. 1: if it is from the side of say a glass or something probably the easiest way would be a symetrical latice...I really don't know how to explain this, but I can see it in my mind. If it is from the top try it with a terrain with the elevation droped way down and just create the shape of the blood that you are going for. Good luck and when you figure it out let us know how you did it! Jared

theFOG ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 12:19 AM

file_203622.jpg

Not sure if this is quite what you want. Try applying a volume material to a shape (like a rock) and placing it under the water. Play with the shape and color untill you get the effect you want. Here is what I came up with. Still needs work.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 12:41 AM

file_203624.jpg

Another option might be a cloud material with reds. Although this is not had an antialias and is small as I don't have time. Let me know if you need me to explain in detail but this was my take...

kaom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 1:22 AM

rockjockjared, How do I export the "Meatballs" when I'm hungry? I've tried everything and I can't get them out of my computer. Maybe in the next version we will be able to eat them. LOL Just giving you a little $#it. Nope you'll probobly never get to live that one down. But hey, it was pretty damn funny anyway. kaom

rockjockjared ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 2:00 AM

I will be haunted forever. Oh well, at least it's good to be known for something...even if it is stupid! :) Vile - good idea! I didn't even think of that one! Seems to work very well too! Jared The Meatball Man

kaom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 2:31 AM

rockjockjared, Yep! You will be haunted by that little piece of humor, I cracked up when I read it, pure good humor. That's gotta be one of the funniest typo's I seen here. MMMM..... Meatballs! How bout that "Vortex" editor in Carrara? Or the "Nurds" capabilities in Max?LOL Now I'm just being loopy, I'm tired, I havn't slept for days,I've been trying to master Anything Grooves in Carrara with the new MBGrooves pack from Mark Bremmer, plus my fiance's been sick lately so I've been taking care of her, and not getting my beauty sleep! heh Mybe I'll get a wink or two tonight. kaom

gfronte ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 2:16 PM

Well Vile, I think I'll go with your idea since it looks most realistic. Any chance you could help me out, though? I've got blood drops falling into the water using a garnet texture (from an assorted gemstone collection I downloaded from here). So I want it to use that texture or at least colour. I'm also using a dark sky, so the garnet looks like a rich dark blood. Now so far the image looks awesome, but the water is still Caribbean Resort (one of the original textures in Bryce 4). I'm not looking at the water from the side, though. I'm looking at it from the surface. You can see through the water just enough to see things close to the surface, so I need it to be close to the surface. I really hope you can help me out and thanks a ton. ~JKS

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 7:55 PM

JKS Thanks for the compliment email me at leftatmars0@hotmail.com and give me your email I will send you the material and the instructions. I also used the blood volume for the surface althoug I didn't check to see how it looked.

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 5:49 AM

file_203625.jpg

vile IMHO, your technique kicks some major bootay! Now, either do a quickie toot or Im sending this guy to your house! lol actually, its a great technique and should be shown step by step for later reference if you have time to do a quickie tute. :) BT

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 12:37 AM

Brycetech it is about time I got your attention hehe. Your wish is my command comming soon...bloody water!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.