Wed, Sep 18, 10:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Pro 2010 library 'fault'?

MtnMist ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:04 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

file_471035.jpg

This is a screen capture of the error message - can anyone tell me what this means and/or how to correct it?  I've reinstalled but the message remains.  Thanks in advance.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:15 AM

What operating system?  I get  a similar error when attempting to run it as a Windows application in Linux without Internet Explorer installed-what version of IE are you using?

Poser needs to have access the Internet in your firewall settings,  and (for Windows) you need at least IE 7 and Flash Player 9...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MtnMist ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:19 AM

OS is Win7 64 bit.  I've been using Pro 2010 for several months so this is kind of out of the blue.  I've no idea what triggered it or how to rectify it.  :(

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:21 AM · edited Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:21 AM

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:37 AM

Quote - This is a screen capture of the error message - can anyone tell me what this means and/or how to correct it?  I've reinstalled but the message remains.  Thanks in advance.

This is something I occasionally see if Adobe Air has auto-updated. Click the OK button in the warning dialog. Close the library (not Poser! The library is a separate app). Then re-start the library from within Poser.

That usually fixes it. If not, quit Poser and restart it. I've never had this be a persistent fault.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

MtnMist ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 12:40 PM

Thanks, bagginsbill, for those links.  Tried all the tips I read there, but so far nothing has worked.  I uninstalled McAfee (came with the computer) or rather I think I did.  Halfway through the uninstall it kicked me offline and then the uninstall froze and wouldn't move so finally I just shut down the computer.  When I restarted McAfee was no longer in the 'Uninstall' list but probably lurking somewhere.  I downloaded and installed SP1 for Pro, but that did nothing either.  Reinstalled Pro again with no luck.  Last ditch effort is to try a system restore, which I really don't want to do.  I suspect that will put McAfee back on my computer.  argh!!!!!!!  Sometimes I hate technology.  

MtnMist ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:07 PM

This is not good.  Pro library still not working and nothing happens when I click on system restore.  It's like it's not a clickable link or icon.  I'm guessing the McAfee uninstall is the culprit...  oh wow.  not good at all...  :(((((

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:27 PM · edited Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:29 PM

McAfee is the most evil piece of s*** in the world of software.

I think people should refuse to buy computers with that on them.

I was consulting for a big company and had to use their laptop. They insisted. They had an enterprise copy of McAfee that was supposed to be un-removable. It took me only 5 minutes to rip it out, despite all their security schemes to stop me from doing that. My compile step went from 5 minutes to under 60 seconds when I did that. They were not happy when I told them what I did. But when I suggested I could put it back, but that I would continue to charge them at the rate of 5 hours for 1 hour of work, they relented.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

MtnMist ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:47 PM

bagginsbill when I read that you gave me a good laugh and I sorely needed one.  :)  I totally agree with you about McAfee - good old Dell just loves it.  I finally muddled through and was able to do a system restore dated four days ago and guess what?  Yep.  McAfee is back.  I'm afraid to try another uninstall of it as I suspect the problem would simply regenerate itself and begin this cycle all over again.  :(((((

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:42 PM

MtnMist.. Contact Support, if you have not already (Sitemail me the Incident Number)

As BB said, this is almost always a permission issue and can be narrowed down with some more information.

ratscloset
aka John

MtnMist ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:49 PM

ratscloset - I didn't report it as doing a system restore (after much hair-pulling and muttering) finally resolved the issue.  The problem seems to be due to Mcafee, which froze my computer when I tried to uninstall it (uninstalling McAfee was a recommended fix for the Poser library fault).  McAfee came right back through the system restore but so far it's behaved.  Should I still report this incident?  I would LOVE that this couldn't happen again because of that dreaded McAfee's proprieties.

Linda

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 1:47 PM

Norton and McAfee...
Europe systems get one of them them as standard.
When I buy a new machine, I throw them away as far as I can, before ever going to the net. Both are unbelievable garbadge.

I do not understand how they survive. Shaking head.

Windows Security essentials is all you' ll ever need.
First thing to do after connecting to the NET.

Yeah, and Ccleaner, and Malwarebytes, And Glary Utilities, and Advanced system care free, and WinUtilities, and Smart defrag, and stay on the clean side of the net.. :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 6:46 AM
Online Now!

"Norton and McAfee...Europe systems get one of them them as standard.When I buy a new machine, I throw them away as far as I can, before ever going to the net. Both are unbelievable garbadge."

Agree with the concensus although, I can remeber a time when Norton's was good, not sure about McAfee as I did not use it.  What surprises me is the number of PC systems that now have Solid State Drives for a fast start up only for the anti virus to wipe out the porcessor for the next few minutes---or more.

I too have had the message shown but as with cspear it was linked to Adobe Air and a restart of the library cleared it.  I have also had the library start but remain deviod of runtimes, once again a library restart fixes the problem.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 9:39 AM

Quote - ratscloset - I didn't report it as doing a system restore (after much hair-pulling and muttering) finally resolved the issue.  The problem seems to be due to Mcafee, which froze my computer when I tried to uninstall it (uninstalling McAfee was a recommended fix for the Poser library fault).  McAfee came right back through the system restore but so far it's behaved.  Should I still report this incident?  I would LOVE that this couldn't happen again because of that dreaded McAfee's proprieties.

Linda

If you resolved the issue, no worries, unless you know exactly what caused the issue with McAfee... there was an issue at one time with Privacy feature on McAfee, which did not allow anything, other than McAfee to access the Local Host on the system, but my understanding is McAfee fixed that.

Generally, Security Software is the biggest cause of issues. One tip I tell users is to turn on the Prompt before the software takes an action. This can be annoying, but it also lets you know both what the software is wanting to block and that you have encountered something the software wants to block. I use the second, myself, to determine if I proceed (too many prompts, I stop) I look at the Prompt as education!

Much of the information we have on 3rd Party software issues comes from users reporting a problem and locating the solution.

For other users that do encounter issues, whether this or something else, If you are not sure of the cause, we have some tests that users can use to isolate the cause, or at least eliminate the innocent!

ratscloset
aka John

MtnMist ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 10:29 AM

What baffled me most is that McAfee came with the computer ( year and a half ago) and I've used Poser Pro now for several months with no issues like this one.  The inexplicable (to me, anyway) suddeness of the library fault really threw me but I was (and am) more than willing to drop McAfee from a cliff.  :) 

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 10:41 AM
Online Now!

The other possibility is a windows update which, if you have them on auto update, you would not have been aware of.  However if that was the case I would expected more people to have the issue. 

A few years ago I was using Zone Alarm and all of a sudden it stopped working.  I did not have the time to diagnose the problem immediately and when I did it had been traced to a Window's update.  Neither company would own up to the problem but the people behind Zone Alarm patched it.  The very next version of ZA then had a tendancy to corrupt its on files and had to be mended almost on a monthly basis.  After some months it became clear that they were unable or, unwilling, to fix the bug.  So ZA has now joined the pile of Anti-Virus software I refused to put on anyone's machine let alone my own.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:47 AM

I get that message also whenever my PC is disconnected from the network. I just click OK and everything seems fine.

If the PC is hooked up to a network, I do not get the fault.

It's almost like Poser is trying to phone home?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 4:39 AM

Quote - It's almost like Poser is trying to phone home?

It's asking CP for some search parameters IIRC.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 5:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's almost like Poser is trying to phone home?

It's asking CP for some search parameters IIRC.

It dosn't seem to me that just using Poser with a machine that's not connected to a network should generate a fault?

Luckily it dosn't seem to hurt anything once you click OK.

ratscloset ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 9:41 PM

Quote - I get that message also whenever my PC is disconnected from the network. I just click OK and everything seems fine.

If the PC is hooked up to a network, I do not get the fault.

It's almost like Poser is trying to phone home?

I think you are seeing a different error. There is one very similar and it is not phoning home, but telling you that you are not connected to the Web, so the ability to Search CP from the Library will not function. It just is saying that in non Layman terms.

The error the original poster encountered is blocking Poser from accessing the Library and is a different message.

ratscloset
aka John

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 10:42 AM · edited Tue, 26 July 2011 at 10:43 AM

In my opinion the library not opening up is a major problem with Poser Pro2010.
I have tried everything my skill level is capable of to keep the darn thing open. To no avail. In the beginning it was no problem. It stayed open.
  Now the only way I can get it to stay open is if I turn off my virus protection. I have to use Dimension3d's xl library and it totally limits the library functions.
   I say this is a major glitch with Poser Pro2010 because it is the only software I own that shuts parts of itself off over whatever this issue is.
   If you are really good at understanding how the computer operates and how your virus protection works it is easy for you to figure it out. For those of us don't have that skill level the darn software should run properly. Look at how frequently this problem occurs in this forum. I truly hope SmithMicro addresses this issue on the next release.
cheerio
lululee

MtnMist ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 11:56 AM

Update:  An identical library fault error happened again today and I was unable to go back far enough in system restore to correct it, so I submitted the problem to Smith Micro support.  While waiting for an answer I browsed through 'answers' and found a similar problem for the Poser 8 library.  The recommendation was to update to the latesst Flash for IE, even if you don't use that browser.  Well, I use Pro2010 and Firefox (don't care for IE) but figured it was worth a shot.  For whatever reason, this worked and the library opened as soon as I opened Poser.   I don't know if this will help anyone experiencing a similar problem, but it's definitely worth a try.

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 12:31 PM

Hi MtnMist,
 I too, use Firefox.
My version of IE is Version 8. I that the same version you are running?
How did you find the Flash update for IF?
cheerio
lululee

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 12:34 PM
Online Now!

www.adobe.com for Flash updates.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.