Sat, Sep 21, 3:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Be glad that Im tactful....

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:02 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:29 AM

file_203831.JPG

lol..you have NO idea how close I came to doing a play on word with this. This is the latest model, it is conforming cat hair (now think about it, Im sure you can see what I could have said and it be totally acceptable!..lol) these renders are 100% poser, no touchup. this is a conforming hair figure for the cat. Im working out a few problems with the conformability of it to make it more plyable within poser, but it exhibits the same technique as the bat hair. (btw, it will be with the bat when I get it done..still untouched by my beta-folks) would love a little critique of it as is. Its quality is far above this now as I have done a myriad more morphs to make it more realistic and have also grabbed my cat up by the tail to see what I missed. there are some simple obstacles to the hair, but in apps other than poser, they can be overcome. for instance..calico hair is not possible in poser, but in bryce it is. And since Im primarily a Bryce person..Im happy with that. Im sure that 3ds folks can do it as well. anyhow..shoot me some ideas and opinions. Im too close to this now to be very objectionable. My beta-folks will hit me with ideas too, but I'd like ideas/input from all. thanx BT

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 8:57 AM

conforming fur is remarkable! well done! i have no idea how you did that. the thing that stands out the most is how the fur is in distinct layers like that... you can see rings of layers, those should be quite a bit more random... randomise the lengths of the hairs, and not have them in recognisable rings? though i realise if you played them down a lot you lose the novelty of having fur at all...

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 9:56 AM

I love the idea of it and I realize it's in early beta, but it looks a little like a carpet. Sorry to be blunt, but I think you want honesty right? Can't wait to see it when it's finally done, and maybe you could work on a spiked hairdo for young Mikey. Marque

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 9:58 AM

This is cool, I like the idea of conforming fur :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 10:08 AM

It does look very interesting!

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 10:10 AM

Yes, I think AprilYSH has it with the 'ring-thing'. But with my lousy post hair work I could definatly see somthing like this being easier to post work than the way I do it now. At the least it would make a great PSD base layer!

visualkinetics ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 1:23 PM

Great job and a very nice concept. It's always nice for people to bring Poser to new levels. The only comment I would suggest is that the hairs seem to be attached to the cat at a weird angel. It almost looks as those it's perpendicular to the skin. It makes the cat looks like it's got its hairs standing on ends. If you could put the hair at say a 30 degree angel to the skin, it's look more natural. I would also try adjusting the hair lengths amongst the different parts of the body, like under the belly or next to the cheeks.

Petunia ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 1:56 PM

I thought they looked like my poodles! In a strange way, I think that my poodles are turning into cats and vis-versa at times. Very good first attempt and I can't wait for updates on this. I am really interested in having some fur on that poor cat.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 5:08 PM

these would certainly be easy to "fluff" (don't say it!!) in post work. The various strands would be easy to pull our with the hair brush in post. Great idea.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:32 PM

Ive added a bunch of "fray" dials in attempt to break up the rings. There is also a "hair length" dial that will help some with that too. But honestly, I think the transparency map is perhaps a bit thick. I should maybe remove some of the hairs and maybe that would add to the hair effect. Its also a pretty low poly model so maybe two of them with different transmaps? (thatd be fun to render anyhow..lol) thanx BT

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 7:50 PM

Let me guess you shaved your cats with electric clippers.

Jelisa-j ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 1:31 AM

(he didn't spare his testers I bet!) I don't know if you used RD or poser for this, but I've had that problem too with the 'hair' maker in poser where it looks too even. I think there my be a way to make it create hair more randomly but I've not played with it enough, nor do I know RD at all, though we both have versions of it. I do know that you can control droopage and the up factor with the poser hair creator. The tail does rather seem to be work well with the thick fur, the rest could do with thinner strands, softer edges, variegation of lengths, and shorter fur on the legs and head. Very good point made that the fur would look more natural at an angle (which Dar agrees), the fur growing toward the back or down. On the lower part of the legs and tail it doesn't matter as much. This may only need to be slight, morphs, or just making the 'hair' softer with a transmap may do. With kittens it doesn't matter they are just fuzzy cat shapes. g Good first try, especially for a whole body figure, and there are areas with potential already, the tail and the front part of the face which look soft. If you notice, the edges do seem to be getting across even with poser's habit of rendering edges. I bet you expected a mouth full and considering I've never heard of anyone else attempting this and there is basically no groundwork nor examples for the mostly non professional community, there are really no grounds for complaint. The only fur I've seen not done by a company was on a donkey, and the fur being in its nose was most odd, the fur all round like those 'velvet' covered plastic horses. I bet also there is away around making calicos and such if someone figures out the mapping, it probly won't be absolutely accurate and as difficult as the post processing to paint, but once done it can always be relied on, unlike fickle memories, ability, and physical restraints. Thanx and wishing well Jess

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 12:38 PM

this is a great idea...especially for those of us who want to expand the use of the poser cat!! PapaBlueMarlin

brycetech ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 10:36 PM

file_203832.JPG

hes almost done...(I know I keep saying that) BT

Jelisa-j ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 7:02 AM

Truffles what are you doing in here?! and I thought he was confined to Delphi.... And someone was threatening to color code him so each part could be told from another lol getting there!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.