Tue, Sep 24, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: Finding a morph target

Apple_UK ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:07 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Having created a morph usng the morphing too0l there is an option to save a copy, but where are these copies kept? I have tried to load one by typing the name into the' load morph target '(which expects an obj ) but I have never been able to retrieve a saved morph

Thanks

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:42 PM

You have to export each body part as a separate OBJ, unless they changed the way a multi-group OBJ morph target is read back in.  This screwed me up for a long time.  Phil Cooke gives the impression this can be done in his magnets tutorial but it never ended well for me.

http://www.philc.net/PTB_tutorial4-2.php

When you import a morph target, I believe the internal name for the new channel is set to the name of the OBJ file, which gets kind of messy when you do it the way I do, with each body part handled as a separate OBJ - if you put all the OBJs in the same directory, they have to have unique file names, so each body part's morph internal name will be unique.

Really, this crap is too tedious and error-prone to do by hand more than once in a lifetime.  Just use a script for this kind of thing.  Phil has a pretty good set of utilities for this in Poser Tool Box that are figure-agnostic.  If you are working with DAZ's figures, svdl's Spawn Character script makes the whole process much less painful.

Very important to avoid any bone deformations of any kind; make sure the figure is zeroed, and do not do any bone scaling anywhere on the figure, or your morph target probably won't deform the character the way you expect.

My Freebies

Apple_UK ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 2:01 PM

Very helpful, thanks a lot pjz :)

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 4:21 PM · edited Sun, 04 July 2010 at 4:23 PM

file_455473.txt

I just could not fathom that process (exporting separate objects,, sacrificing smooth and subdividing). This script was made by svdl a while ago. At the time it did not function on my pc but,,, it shines now. I see he still does not carry it. Not tested with the "MorphBrush" but,, maybe.

Drop MorfromOBJ.py (swap .txt with .py) in poserscripts (main runtime). Export your figure zeroed. IK off. Scaling off. Eyes and teeth objects zeroed. Check Weld and "include existing groups" to a file. Then export a "virgin" figure (unworked) with just "include existing" checked.

You can proceed to Modeling apps from here or,,

Use kawecki's "Morpher to merge verts of two exported objects. This is not necessary but it assures success.

Use the "virgin" zeroed figure. Click on Groupng tool, up it to figure in parameter box,, now drill to python>poserscripts>Morph From OBJ.py and follow the prompts.

If you want thumbnails, Have your scene ready. After its done, close file and load your cr2 into a new window to shake the deleted objects...

Where is that dutchman?

Apple_UK ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 9:46 PM

Thanks Richardon, I'll check that out now

Zaycrow ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 1:45 PM

In PP2010 it's easy. Just save out the morphs as a OBJ file and then use "Load Full Body Morph" to load your morphs. But only PP2010 has that option.

MatCreator ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:00 PM · edited Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:04 PM

"Use the "virgin" zeroed figure. Click on Groupng tool, up it to figure in parameter box"

Don't follow that line richardson, please paraphrase even simpler for the learning impaired such as myself =/

Zaycrow, I'm, curious what you do AFTER you use the "Load Full Body Morph" feature...

What's the next step to creating the inj/rem files we would need? Is there an "Inside-of-Poser" solution?!?

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

Stormi ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 9:19 PM

"In PP2010 it's easy. Just save out the morphs as a OBJ file and then use "Load Full Body Morph" to load your morphs. But only PP2010 has that option."

I must be missing a step because I have tried this method and it's not working..

I have PP2010 ... Maybe it's just late and I can't think but after I save as a "full body morph then what?.. 

Any help would be appreciated.. :)

Tara

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:30 AM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hiya Tara,

I need more info like; did you export your obj out of poser? Did you make dialspin morphs or Zbrush alterations?  But guessing here;

Maybe it's just late and I can't think but after I save as a "full body morph then what?..

You export your figure in T pose IK off using a zero pose (toes point down on V4) using "file/export/wavefrontobj" to any file (you can find).

Then close your window and "file/ new" (you don't have to... this is just clean), load a new default figure (V4.2 from daz cr2 folder), zero pose it with IK off.

Select it, go to (upper bar) FIGURE/ Load Full Body Morph .. Click on Gray square and find your obj .. double click it and name it. Don't check the vertice box.. click OK.

Set body to 1

Done.. it works but not as sweet as (above) mentioned script. That script gives you the cr2 and INJ/REM.

This is good in its own way though. You don't have to jump through too many hoops.

,r

Zaycrow ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:56 AM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:57 AM

file_471915.jpg

I found out that the export settings has to be set correctly if the import should work. Otherwise you don't get a morph dail. My settings are these.

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 5:59 AM

file_471917.jpg

LOL OK, here are mine.. I'm sure any setting will have some success. Weld is important if you want to smooth or subdivide in Zbrush.

Zaycrow ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 6:24 AM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 6:27 AM

richardson; your settings wouldn't work! I believe the question was about exporting from/importing to poser and not to third party programs as that is a total different thing.

You can not use any settings when exporting/importing from Poser Pro 2010 when exporting the OBJ to be used as a morph and then loading it with "Load Full Body Morph"!!

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 7:19 AM

Thank you for your help …

I imported into Zbrush from the Geom directory.. Didn't think about exporting it because I was told to bring it in from the Geom directory.

Then sculpt and export that obj to Poser 2010 and once I get into Poser 2010 and then I'm kinda lost..

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 7:25 AM

Okay I will try to export from Poser 2010 and import to Zbrush with the settings you said Zaycrow and then test sculpting and export it back to Poser & create a full body morph and see it if makes a difference.. (a friend old me to then save it as a cr2 in characters folder) then use injection pose to make the morphs stick... 

Love Zbrush so looking forward to getting this all set up so I can finish my new character.. :)

Thank you all! :)

• Helen Keller

Zaycrow ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 7:38 AM

Stormi, the settings I have posted was NOT for third party programs. So if richardson has it working with his settings for Zbrush you should use that, as I don't know what works best for Zbrush.

The settings I posted was to be used if you use the morph tool in PP2010 to create your morhps, export the OBJ, and load it with "Load Full Body Morph".

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 7:42 AM

Oh I found out how to do it...

1) import the figure's OBJ file into ZBrush.
2) sculpt
3) export OBJ out of ZBrush.
4) load figure in Poser.
5) Poser 2010 menu Figure > Load Full Body Morph
6) Select Body
7) Find new morph dial, set it to 1.000
8) Save figure to the library.

Thank you!

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 7:59 AM

now,,, that seems shockingly the same thing as what I wrote and tested for you earlier but PhilC does add certainty to it... ;P  have fun.

and don't forget to 0pose

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 8:15 AM

Richardson.. Think the difference is I read yours last night really tired.. I read his this morning and it made sense... lol

• Helen Keller

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 8:47 AM

file_471921.jpg

Obviously doing something wrong...  ugh...

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 9:47 AM

..where is everyone? ;P

You imported your obj. You need to load a fresh M4 cr2 from library. Then select it, go to load full body morph... etc.

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 10:39 AM

So I would add M4 Cr2 and then load the obj (that I sculpted) - click on body and then add the full body morph and then set the dial to 1.000

Okay going to try it...

Thank U

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:12 PM

OK, this is sweet (remember P5?)

Load a new figure (M4, V4) into your workwindow.

Click Figure/Load Full Body Morph

Click on gray square

Find and doubleclick your Zbrushed Obj (rename if needed) ok

On new figure, scroll to bottom of parameters,, "community",,,  to "Other"

Set your FBM to 1.00

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:31 PM

file_471937.jpg

**Thank you so much Richardson**

Now it makes more sense and it worked except this is what happened...

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:45 PM

LOL

Ik off! And 0 pose first. Toes should point down

More info needed. Let me see your Zbrush obj next if that does not work. And be sure to start fresh each time.

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:55 PM

file_471942.jpg

and this does work. One pass over body parts with std tool and saved back to Daz People in Geometries.

Stormi ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:57 PM

OhhHhhhh  yes I forgot that part, didn't I..  Getting closer LOL 

• Helen Keller

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:08 AM

My entire workflow

Load Michael in Poser 2010 turn Ik off
Set Pose to Zero
Point feet down

export it with these settings..
Weld body part seams
include existing groups in polygon groups

Load obj into Zbrush

(Sculpt) Then Export from Zbrush

Load a clean Michael IK off feet pointed down
Load full body morph
Set the FBM to 1.00

It's NOT working.... What am I doing wrong?

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:38 AM

Accchhha.. moustashe sounds..

You said you brought him from Geometries. You need a different workflow for exporting him out of Poser's export window.

Can you still use your sculpted obj from DAZ People in Geometries?

To be clear, you open ZB4. Double Document, Import/ Poser/ Runtime/ Geometries/ DazPeople/ renamed copy of your Michael OBJ.

Activate symmetry. Sculpt it. Reset it to subD1. Export to same location.

Then,

Load a new figure (M4, V4) into your workwindow.

Set 0 pose. IK off

Click Figure/Load Full Body Morph

Click on gray square

Find and doubleclick your Zbrushed Obj (rename if needed) ok

On new figure, scroll to bottom of parameters,, "community",,,  to "Other"

Set your FBM to 1.00

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:49 AM

Going to try this pray for me... LOL  Okay think I see the huge error of my ways... :)

THANK YOU
Richardson..................... :)

• Helen Keller

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 10:57 AM

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie! :)

Thank you!!!!!!

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 11:54 AM

...sobs with relief with some honor saved...  LOL

Stormi ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:00 PM

Thank you so much for being such a good teacher..  I will never forget how you saved my sanity :) 

• Helen Keller

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:03 PM

my pleasure m'moiselle. lemme know when you start exporting out of poser..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.