Fri, Oct 4, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Do You Write Novels or Short Stories?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2011 at 7:58 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 8:18 AM

Do you have a talent for writing short stories or are working on a novel or any kind?

If so, get your butt into this thread and post a paragraph!!!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2836132

Surely I can't be the only one here who enjoys writing?!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2011 at 11:22 PM

I love to write, Acadia... 16 novels and counting. :)

I do not, however, feel inspired by the story thread. Hope others here will pick it up and continue the start you have so ably given it!

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 12:04 AM

I dabble  a little,

I based a story off of a black line, the kind that you see on a tv screen that holds all the imformation that makes up the entire picture and sound including the broadcasting carrier wave leangth.

My story bases this idea as it's focus, where a student scientist discovers the black line of our own universe, and figures out way to hack into it to alter events and break the laws of physics, by gaining special abilities by being hacked.

Ok, so he has these powers and abilities now, and sure enough uses them to his own advantage, which causes a karma effect, you take something away from the universe it has to fill the gap with something else, so lets say you decide to win a million dollars, well because you forced the universe to give odds in your favor, a million doollars has to come from someone else someone loses a million dollars, ect ect, so at some point in the story he causes so much karma build up it threatens to detroy whatever he manipulates or who, he figures it out at some point but not after tripping some kind of universe safe guard, and the universe spawns an artificial life form, security agents to remove him as if he were a virus, so he has to undo the karma to save himself and someone close to him, and figure out a way to stop the custodians from isolating him from the universe like a virus.

good story but made very little progress with it.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 12:18 AM

Thought about a romantic comedy too. where this guy says just the right wrong thing to his girl friend, that sends her into a tail spin, to get her back he does all these crazy stunts that gets you tube attention then media attention then the whole states waiting for his next stunt, like writing her name in floor lights on a building or posting hundreds of photos of her and him when they were happy on her frount door, or posting her picture on a bill board, the stunts get more and more complicated and dangerious, he does get hurt, but at some point she comes to the conclusion he loves her and what was said was taken out of context.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 12:32 AM

at some point i decided to changed the custodians to a force similar to a black hole rather then artificial beings to give a more natural effect,  the more damage he does manipulating reality the stronger this forces gets the more damage it does, instead of it trying to destroy him it threatens to destroy everything and him if he continues to manipulate reality.

just made more sence that way, more like releaseing a virus rather then a virus removal.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 8:27 AM

Very good start however, not my cup of java if it were a 30's gumshoe story I'd jump right in. :)

My Facebook Page

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 9:27 AM

You know any one can feel free to get one going yourself that is more up your alley. Just create an image and start the story then post in the forum here to get others to join in the storyline.  We just thought we would give it a go first but please feel free to do your own, we encourage it!!

Stac

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 9:45 AM

render the cover art too.  next cover with pp12

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Winterclaw ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 6:02 PM

As it just so happens I'm writing an army of darkness spoof about a naked cheerleader with a chainsaw grafted to one arm, a pom-pom grafted to the other, and a pair of knockers that make Taki look flat chested and she's mankind's last hope to ward off the upcoming zombie apocalypse because all the real heroes won't even touch the zombie genre because it's so horribly cliche even star trek did it.  They are called borg.

Winterclaw looks at renderosity's halloween lack of art contest and says "My point exactly."

Seriously though, yeah I'm trying to write a little on the side but I've got a ton of hobbies I'd guess you'd call them and not enough time to do one, much less all of them.  I'm also reading a book called Story Engineering, which even though I might not become a writer, it did offer me some enlightenment about the art and made it painfully obvious that most major stories from Star Wars to everything else that isn't star wars has the same underlying structure.  When I saw the pretty bad Conan remake, I wondered why so much time was spent on young Conan, but know that I've read the book I know exactly why.  Doesn't make the remake any better, but it confirmed the writer was correct. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.