Wed, Oct 9, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: total screw up, heeeeelp!

Bia ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:38 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 8:18 AM

Hi all, well, I did something and now my poser POSE window opens up in the top right hand corner of the interface and I cannot figure out how to move it back to the center. I fear the worst. Am I missing something simple to be able to move it or what? SH_T!!! I am in the middle of an image and I can't see 1/2 the interface and I can't move the screen. So, if I have to reinstall Poser as a result of this major problem...can I copy all of my libraries and characters, hair, etc... into an outside folder and then copy them back in to the reinstalled Poser? Oh, and I am now realizing that I have a Curious Labs folder for Poser and a Metacreations folder for Poser...I am confused about what to do here with all these folders etc... ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:44 PM

This just happened to me to. Go to Preferences under either File or Edit (can't member which). Click it to "Launch to Factory State". You will have to close it and then open it again....so I suggest you save a *.pz3 of what you are working on first. Then just launch it again and open the *.pz3 and you should be back where you were. I hope what you described is what happened to me...sounds like it...but ya never know.

Bia ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:47 PM

I tried that and it did not work! :(

X-perimentalman ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:47 PM

click on it and drag it, you can move the whole interface around, anywhere you want, also once you get it set up, as well as the general preferences, it has to go to the memory dots, flip it ui, and save your preferred state there too, so if it moves again, just click the dot, so you don;t have to close out the program next time.

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:55 PM

clicking on the title will drag it, or... open a .pz3 file that is saved correctly, then set a UI dot, then open the .pz3 file you want. when you click the UI dot you have set, your screen should return to normal.

Bia ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 6:02 PM

I opened other files and that didn't work...I will try dragging it from the title...Thanks :)

cal401 ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 7:05 PM

This wasn't very obvious to me, so I'll jump in here with what is hopefully some additional clarification (at least for the Windows version). The thing you need to click is the title text that is just above the top of your main window, on the left side. Click and drag that and you should be able to move the window around. I think all of the user interface elements can be moved around this way. It is possible to move the main window up and left and then drag the circle thingy in the lower right corner to increase the size of the window to match a high resolution screen. Cal

TJ ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 9:11 PM

Once you do get your workspace set up like you want it , you will want to save a UI dot of your prefferred state , that way if you do get messed up again you will only have to click that dot to get back to a decent state. If you cant get your scene back to something manageable then I can send you a dot to use. Theres a way to set your preferred state by deleting the shortcut for poser in your start menu, Ive never done it , but I know several people have posted it , you might try searching for a post about it by bloodsong.If you cant find it here try searching it in the poser forum at 3dcommune. Good luck.

Bia ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 9:37 PM

thanks all...after closing everything out and waiting it finally (after 3 times doing that) came back. I have started to get some weird error messages so I think I may be having a windows or HD or memory problem...when i tried to import a Vicky image into bryce I got a message saying " error, io bad media" and it could not import the OBJ that I had exported from Poser. I also later got a not enough memory error. I need to clean up my HD and get things onto a cd and try things again. but someone on the Bryce forum said I may be having the beginnings of HD failure (sigh)

Huolong ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 11:10 PM

Type "p2" which will take you to the setup screen, then type "p3" which will take you back to the main, but the stuck window will have enough separation from to reposition it. Got this from curious labs when same problem occured

Gordon

Bia ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 9:07 AM

thanks! I will remember that tip!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.